o15: Rap Battle

{Know Your Name}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up feeling a terrible ache on my neck. At the same time, I felt a weight on my head.

 

 

 

"Why does my head feel heavy? Funny, it feels like someone is my hair." I immediately straightened up after that creepy thought.

 

 

 

My eyes took a while to adjust to the sudden brightness. Suddenly everything came back. I must have fallen asleep while toweling Jay last night. So that must mean that the someone who was my hair was…

 

 

 

"Jay, you're awake! Why didn’t you wake me up?! Pffft. How are you feeling by the way?" 

 

"Better now I guess. You were sound asleep, I couldn’t bear to wake you up. Plus, you looked cute sleeping."

 

 

 

I blushed. I don’t know why but when he said that, my heart fluttered.

 

 

 

"Have you fallen back in love with me again?" Jay teased.

 

"Tsk. Don’t be full of yourself. Why would I like a self-centered jerk like you?" I retorted back rather quickly.

 

"Well, didn’t you once?" Jay gave me his infamous wink.

 

"and I've learnt my lesson from it." I stuck my tongue out.

 

 

 

I realised that our relationship had gotten a lot better now after starting the tutoring thing. I  mean, we do bicker and stuff but its all jokes. Previously, I seriously felt my blood boil whenever he was joking around. But I guess it will all end soon enough. His college entrance exams were approaching rather fast. He'd be sitting for them in a week's time.

 

 

That realization just made me feel …………… hollow. Sigh what's wrong with me.

 

 

I freshened up a little and went down to the kitchen. Thank god it was Saturday, if not I'd already be late for school. Jessica made me breakfast to thank me for yesterday and she was mumbling about something which was obviously something good, judging by how happy she looks just by talking bout it.

 

 

We ate and talked. I realised that Jessica is definitely not like how the rumors made her out to be. She's actually a pretty down to earth rich girl unlike those other snobby wannabes. How can such an angelic person be related to the devil. Soon, Jay came down with a maid on each side.  He must still be weak.

 

 

They helped him settle down and began taking dishes and filling his plate up for him. For the first time ever, I noted that Jay wasn’t being choosy. Like he was really being obedient. Although I like his attitude like this, I really hope he would get well soon.

 

 

After eating, I stayed for a while longer before heading home when Jay finally fell back asleep.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

D-5; Wednesday.

Jay still coughed but at least his fever have totally subsided. He didn't come school today but he did come for our tutoring season. Jeez that weirdo.

 

 

D-4; Thursday.

Jay seemed to be back to his normal jokester self. He didn't even look sick. And it feels like something about him is different. He even bought me a meal after the tuition session, something he have never done before. (not that I was complaining. ^^)

 

 

D-3; Friday.

Jay got better. He pushed himself so that nothing could prevent him from doing his best for his College entrance exam. I felt proud seeing him being like this. The old Jay wouldn't even care. Heck, he'd skip the entrance exam if he could. Seeing that Jay had changed before me made me feel happy that he has become a much better person.

 

We had been staying back after school everyday and even extending the tuition session for his intensive revision. I felt worn out but I still had to help him get into Seoul University.

 

We ended the tutoring session a little earlier today for the same reason. I was going to the club with my Oppas and Jay too wanted to go to the club. There was a rap battle happening that day and we were all participating. It was also Jay's last chance to chill before mugging for the exams the whole weekend. But obviously I didn't tell him my reason.

 

 

I went home and decided to cooked dinner for the starving oppas. Surprisingly only Youngbae oppa was home. Seunghyun oppa was still at work, Jiyong oppa met up with his friends. Daesung oppa was on his way home and Seungri oppa had just ended his lessons. Youngbae oppa kept me company in the kitchen as I cooked.

 

He would just talk about the most randomest of things. Just as I finished cooking, the oppas started coming home one by one. First to reach was Daesung oppa, who brought home chocolates for me YAY! <: After about 10 mins was Seungri oppa, who was on the phone being cheesy with someone who I'm guessing to be Eun Hee. And lastly was Seunghyun oppa and Jiyong oppa. Seunghyun oppa must've picked Jiyong oppa along the way.

 

 

Everyone ate dinner together. We talked about the rap competition happening later which made all of us very hyped up. There were also rumors that the King and Queen of underground hip hop are coming to participate. We were hoping that the rumors were untrue cos if not, BIGBANG would definitely not be able to win.

 

 

We freshened up and got ready to go to the club after eating dinner. Since it was a rap competition which many other talented people were attending, I decided to wear something prettier tonight. My theme was black and pink cos well, I wanted a hint of feminity in it heh.

 

 

Imagine got strap.

And silver dream catcher necklace.

w/o the hoop earrings.

And a black studded mask.

 

 

So we all left the house by 9.45 because apparently Jiyong oppa had nothing to wear. Pffft that fashionista. And the worst part was that the SUV just had to run out of gas on the way to the club. Luckily for us, the nearest petrol station was not that far. By the time we reached the club, it was 10.20 ish. And the competition had only started. I hoped we didn’t miss a lot.

 

 

The other oppas entered first as I waited for Seunghyun oppa, who went to park the SUV, at the entrance. I could hear the booming sound of the bass of the music. I felt myself slowly grooving to the music.

 

 

 

"Let's go in!" I heard Seunghyun oppa's voice from behind me.

 

 

 

I wore my mask and trailed in after Seunghyun oppa. I saw Junhong getting up on stage. OH MY GOD! HE'S GONNA RAP! I cheered loudly for him. Okay maybe it didn’t sound so loud because of my mask but bleh, I still believed that I cheered loudly for him!

 

 

Dudes, that’s just not it

Is music a joke? It’s not for us

Because you’re like that, I’m like this

if you weren’t like that, would I be like this?

Just stop and quit it – just go away over there

 

- Bang Yong Guk, No Mercy

 

 

"That was Jepp Blackman aka Bang Yong Guk, leader of B.A.P! Next up is the giant maknae, ZELO! Give it up for him" the MC announced.

 

 

Yeah B.A.P in the buildin'

You better watch out, you ready

Even when walking on the streets, we all walk freely

Our free passion won't die down

Music, Fashion, Style are all real

Don't trap us in past trends, ay man

 

- Zelo, Freedom

 

 

WOOOOOHOOOOOO! B.A.P! B.A.P! B.A.P! B.A.P! B.A.P! B.A.P! B.A.P! B.A.P! The crowd went NUTS. I guess it's because my little giant didn’t look like he had the talent but in your faces es. LOL

 

 

 

"Awoooo seems like things are heating up in here. Oh is that BIGBANG I see in the corner? Guess what people, their baby sister Jang Mi is taking part in the competition too! " 

 

 

 

The crowd cheered and I felt the stares on me. I couldn’t believe my ears. WHEN THE COULD I RAP?! I stared at Seunghyun oppa who just gave me an encouraging smile. Damn this is so screwed up. /facepalm/

 

 

In the crowd, I found a familiar pair of eyes looking back into mine. Jay.

 

 

 

"...the winner for this round is B.A.P!"

 

 

 

I came back to reality and cheered for them. I went and hugged my little giant. I congratulated the other members and we stood together and watched the other rounds.

 

 

 

"Well you guys definitely know of the saying 'Save the Best for last' right? Well, we have done exactly that! This round is definitely the most mothering exciting round yet. We have YG aka Young Generation. You might be wondering who are they right? The people representing YG are G-dragon, T.O.P, Jang Mi and Tablo! WOOTS. And I'm pretty sure you guys heard the rumor that the Queen and King are participating right? That’s definitely true!  They're participating under the name Wild Ones with Jay Park and Dok2!"

 

 

 

My heart stopped for a moment there. Not only was I going to participate in the first rap battle in my life, but  was also going against JAY and THE KING AND QUEEN. Omfg ASDFGHJKL. Somebody please shoot me dead now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter