o16: Realization

{Know Your Name}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay okay hold up. How was that everybody? Awesome right? I know it was. Its such a nail-biting round this time. Honestly, I do not know who the winner is until I open up the envelop. Ah, and here it is. So for the moment you've all been waiting for, the winner for this intense round is …"

 

 

 

 

 

"Wild Ones!"

 

 

The crowd erupted into cheers and jeers.  Some complained that it was unfair; since it felt like YG had more cheers during the competition. But in the end, it all came down to the anonymous judges votes.

 

 

 

"Hey there. Do you want to, like congratulate me?" a familiar voice spoke.

 

 

 

I turned behind and faced Jay.

 

 

 

"Well congrats. " I adjusted my voice for my Jang Mi persona.

 

"Don’t be sad, love. If it makes you feel any better, I think you were great up there with your confident, girl power rap."

 

"Why, thank you. Now if there's nothing else, good bye." I was ready to leave.

 

 

 

Honestly, when he approached me, I could feel my heart racing and I couldn’t really look him in the eyes. That was definitely not a good sign. And he's not making things any easier.
 

 

 

"Hold on, where are you going?" Jay stopped me.

 

"Away. I need some air."

 

"Do you mind if I come along?"

 

 

 

I didn’t know why but I nodded. We walked out together quietly and just continued walking in silence when I spotted a bench. We sat down and I just stared at the beautiful stars covering the night sky.

 

 

 

Jay cleared his throat. "Have you urm ever been in love?"

 

 

 

I was taken aback at first. That was the very topic I didn’t want to think about tonight.

 

 

 

"Yeap, but it was unrequited." I smiled bitterly. And I think it still is.

 

 

 

"How'd you know if you really really like the person. Like more than just a friend?"

 

"You'd just smile like a fool when you see her. And she'd constantly be on your mind. She'll cause those little butterflies in your stomach when you're talking to her. Your heart races when you're in her presence. Her smile would make you feel happy. You can be yourself around her. She just makes you feel complete."

 

"Do you feel like that when you're around him?" he asked.

 

 

 

I stared into his eyes and nodded. I guess I do.

 

 

 

"She popped into your head, didn’t she? The girl that you like." I wasn’t looking forward to his answer.

 

"Yeah, actually she did. "

 

"Well then, good luck with her." I smiled and stood up to leave.

 

 

 

I didn’t feel like going back to the club. Maybe I'll just walk home or something.

 

 

 

"Hey, thanks Jang Mi. Your words helped me." 

 

"No problem." I said and walked away.

 

 

 

I called Daesung oppa and told him I was going home by myself. That's all I needed right now. Some alone time to sort out my feelings. The feelings that I've just acknowledged tonight. And the hope that have been dashed just a few seconds ago.

 

 

 

In a moment, I just let it all out. The tears, the pain, everything.

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up to my alarm that was starting to annoy me. There was discomfort in my eyes as I opened them. I stood up and stretched my body before drawing the curtain to let some light into my room. I proceeded to do my daily morning routine.

 

 

The hot shower did its job. It felt like the weight of the world has been lifted. It washed away all the negativity from yesterday.

 

 

As I was washing up, I realised how puffy my eyes were. Why did I cry so much last night.

 

 

 

I went down to the kitchen to grab my breakfast. The lights were still out. Are the oppas still in bed? I shouted for them but I had no reply. Frustrated, I went to each bedroom. That was when I realised no one was home. Everyone was working and Seungri oppa had a date with Eun Hee.

 

 

 

Pffft. What was I supposed to do at home alone?

 

 

 

I went back to the kitchen and cooked a pot of Ramen for myself. I sat down and decided to watch the marathon of The Vampire Diaries showing on Star World. Gosh I love this show.

 

 

I really wanted to be like Caroline. Having love interests with the most perfect of people. But I know my love interest wont bring me the happy ending that I want. Heck, I cant even have a love line with my love interest cos he's in love with someone else.

 

 

I was so engrossed in show when my phone vibrated.

 

 

 

From: JerkFace

 

Hey, you busy?

 

 

 

That unexpected text made my heart go dugeun dugeun.

 

 

 

To: JerkFace

 

Not really. What's up?

 

 

 

I was so happy that he texted me. If I were to text him first, it'd probably take ages!

 

 

 

From: JerkFace

 

That's good. I can't seem to get this mathematics topic so I was wondering could you help me?

 

 

 

Helping him would mean we'll have to meet and that's great! =^.^=

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter