Chapter 9 Part 1

Les Chic

Krystal’s POV

About 10-11 months ago.

“Honestly, it’s cause I bumped into my ex.” AJ told me. 

“E-ex? She works here? Have I seen her before?” I immediately paled.

“Probably. But I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to think I have the capability to cheat on you.” He smiled. “It’s the right thing to do too. Telling you the truth.”

 

Hmmm…if his ex works in Les Chic, there can only be one of two reasons that she’s here. She’s either gay or she’s really talented. I’m hoping for the latter.

I know I’m just feeling paranoid but I can’t help feeling like I’d bump into his ex one day. And when that one day comes, I don’t wanna make myself look bad. I should just go introduce myself. What did he tell me before about his first girlfriend? What was her name? Was it…Han…something…Hanbyul??

I’ll drop by Maintenance one of these days to see if there is a Hanbyul.

---------

2 months later

“Hi, I’m Hanbyul. I’m wondering what I can do for you Ms. Jung?” Hanbyul said as she saw me.

“I’m wondering if you could step outside for a coffee with me? I have some questions to ask you.”

“Sure. Just let me get my stuff.”

After what seemed like forever (pardon me but I have very little patience), Hanbyul finally came out. We went to a nearby Starbucks and I got us some Americano.

“So Hanbyul, I don’t wanna seem like I’m prying into your past with AJ but I’ve been noticing a couple of things about him as of the last 2 months.”

“What are you talking about?” I could tell she was trying to play it off with me but I really needed some answers.

“Well I know you guys used to date. And now that I know you’re working at Les Chic also, it could only mean that you’re gay or that you’re really talented. So which is it? I’m sorry I’m coming off so strong but like…I’ve just been wondering.”

“I’m Gay. I’ve always been. Even before I met AJ.”

“So it means he’s been dating a gay woman all that time?”

“Look Ms. Jung…”

“Call me Krystal.”

“Krystal. I don’t know how to put this across to you and I don’t know how you’re going to take this in. It’s also not my place to say anything unless AJ wants me to.” She sighed.

Why is it so hard. I can take it.

“You said that you’ve noticed a couple of things about him the last few months. What are those things?”

I tried to recall every one of those times I felt was weird for me.

“The first time I ever went into his room was like a couple of weeks after his probation period ended and we were staying late in the office. He still hadn’t gotten a place of his own yet. We actually stayed over. I notice a couple of feminine facial creams in his drawers but I just thought that like he’s got sensitive skin.”

“I also found pads.”

“Uh huh” She egged me on to continue. “Red flag?”

“Totally, but I brushed it off.”

AJ is the nicest person around without ill intentions Krystal.” She tried to reason.

“There was another time, we had just moved in together and had just gotten together. This happened like last month or the month before. I actually walked in on him changing. He had his shirt off and was removing what seemed like an undershirt. When he heard me, he turned around and covered himself. I just figured he was shy. But like…in the time that I’ve gotten to know him, I’ve never…not once…seen him topless.”

“Look…”

“I know this might sound like I’m crazy but…could he…actually be a girl? I mean with how he acts around me, it’s like he’s the first guy to ever understand how a girl thinks. He’s like the most understanding man there is. Could he…could my boyfriend…actually be a girl? I don’t want you to lie to me Hanbyul...please tell me the truth.”

I could see the hesitation in her eyes. Please tell me the truth...

“Like I said, this is not my place to tell you anything Krystal. I don’t want to betray AJ’s trust.” It’s like she’s warning me again.

“Look Hanbyul. It’s a yes or no question. I’ve been having my doubts for 2 months now. I just want some confirmation.”

“Yes. AJ…is a girl.”

“Oh my god…I should've...I really should've seen...”

“But AJ…is still AJ. Regardless of gender, he…she has always been there for you. Just think of that…I know it’s a lot for you to take in and I’m not asking you to right now, but she had her reasons.”

“What are they? Those reasons? I mean, lying to me is the biggest baddest betrayal in any relationship. What could be worse than her being a girl?”

I am mad. Pissed. Appalled that AJ lied to me. Lied to me that he’s a girl. How am I going to face my family. Or anyone for that matter if they found out too?

“I’m leaving. Thanks for the time today Hanbyul. I didn’t mean for it to turn out like this.” I got up from my seat.

“Don’t rush to make any decision now Krystal. Think this through. Don’t leave her. Just take some time off to think okay? Trust me, it's what you need.” I heard her say as I left the café.

I really didn’t know what to think. That all this time that I’ve known AJ, he has been a girl. I’m dating a girl when I thought I was dating the nicest guy I’ve ever known in my life. One that had always understood my crazy mood swings and tantrums.

I sent him a text saying that I was unwell and was already headed home.

Home. Can I still call it home?

He replied, but I didn’t bother to reply.

--------

 

 

It's Friday morning now in my area. So...tomorrow will be the last day I'll be updating for...maybe the next 2 weeks until I have at least another 5 chapters ready to update. But yes, don't worry, I ain't abandoning this fic so soon. I just came back and I intend to finish this fic soon. I'm thinking of a way to continue now...