Chapter 4 Part 3

Les Chic

The new couple spent their weekend doing nothing much other than cuddling and learning more about each other. Amber asked about Krystal’s childhood, wanting to know why her parents brought her up to be a homophobe.

“It wasn’t easy…to tell you the truth. It was also kinda scary.” Krystal started her story. “My parents painted a really bad picture of how gay people could be like to me. So when I entered high school, I was practically freaked out by them and treated them like the plague. I think people hated me for it but I didn’t care. I didn’t care because I thought that my parents were right.” She sighed.

“It’s okay. It’s in the past.”

“I don’t know. I think it’s because of my up bringing that…I didn’t have any friends. Until I met Sulli in college.” Amber looked at Krystal lovingly, showing her support. “She accepted the type of person I was and tried to broaden my outlooks of the gay community. I really do have to thank her. I wouldn’t have come to accept my cousin so easily and because of that, I got such a good job because BoA unni believed in me. Most importantly, if I hadn’t gotten this job, I wouldn’t have met you.”  Krystal turned to look Amber in the eyes.

“I should go thank Sulli then.” Amber pulled her girlfriend in for a hug.

“What about you? How did you grow up?” Krystal asked as she held Amber close.

“Well, nothing unusual. I think I grew up normally. I wasn’t popular back in school. I had a small group of friends and Yuri was the closest to me.”

“Was Yuri already…you know…gay back then?”

“Yeah. She was like that all along.”

“She’s a really nice person to me though. Brian too. It was just…maybe a couple of people in the company hate me for who I am.” Krystal admitted.

“People hate you?” Amber sat up and faced her girlfriend. “Who? Why would they hate you? There’s nothing to hate about…”

“You don’t know the type of person I was back then. Oh…nevermind. I shouldn’t tell you stuff like that. I don’t want you to change your views on them because of that.” Krystal stood up and started walking to her room when Amber grabbed hold of her wrist and pulled her into a hug.

“You should tell me. Because I’m your boyfriend and I want to take care of you. Let me know who they are so that whenever they’re around, I’ll promise to protect you.” Amber whispered into Krystal’s ear.

“AJ, I really don’t wanna sound y here.” Krystal frowned.

“You’re not. I’m the one who wants to know. So let me know.” She tucked Krystal’s hair behind her ear while she spoke. Sighing, Amber knew Krystal had given in.

“Lizzy…Gina…and Eunjung…” Krystal looked away. “They…hate me with a vengeance.” She sighed again. “I deserve it though.”

“No one deserves to be hated with a vengeance.” Amber pulled Krystal back to their living room. “No one deserves to be hated on.”

“But I do. It’s because of the way I behaved. The way I spoke ill about gay people. I deserve it. It was discriminating.”

“It’s not your fault. If it’s anyone’s fault, it should be your parents for teaching you the wrong stuff.” Amber comforted her boss. “I will never ever see you that way. No matter how bad they say you are, I’ll still love you.”

“AJ, I’ve already accepted gay people. Working in Les Chic helped me open my mind and realized that they’re just like anyone. Just like you and I.” Krystal smiled. “I don’t want you to think I’m so narrow-minded.” She admitted.

“You’re not. To think you’ve come all this way from being afraid of gay people to…getting along well with your entire department, I’m impressed. Really. Not because you’re my girlfriend and boss that I’m saying this to up to you. But really, you’ve come a long way. You should thank Sulli and BoA noona one day.”

“Yeah. I should.”

-------------------

 

A/N: It's a short update this time round. Just got back from my holiday in Thailand and the workload I've been getting in the office is seriously piling up that I'm tired all the time. Sorry if I take a long time to update my fics guys...