Chapter 6

Les Chic

Alright, I know I said I'd post the chapter after 20 comments. But some of y'all have been bugging me on twitter. So guys, y'all have your Ahjumma and Bacon to thank for this update. Also, thanks for those upvotes. I'm pretty sure this chapter will give you guys enought that you'll have a lot to say to me. hahahah!

I am back.

 

----------------------------------

During dinner

As Amber ate, she felt eyes staring at her. She looked up and found her best friend trying to communicate with her using her eyes. Not as if the tomboy could understand anything coming out from those eyes besides the fact that Yuri’s eyeballs were about to pop out of her sockets.

“GODDAMMIT~!” Yuri finally exclaimed in frustration, massaging her now sore eyes.

“Oh my god Kwon Yuri! What was that all about?!” Jessica glared at Yuri for almost making her spill her food all over her work clothes.

“Sorry!! I didn’t mean it! I actually forgot something in the car. Amber would you run down with me to get it?” Yuri quickly made up some excuse to get the dumb tomboy ear-length away from their girlfriends.

“Uh…sure I guess. Not much of a problem for me.” She cleaned and got up from her seat. “I’ll be right back babe.” Krystal hummed in response.

On the way down, Yuri was trying her best to find the right words to not make her best friend panic. Tapping her foot rapidly on the floor of the elevator, she kept thinking of how to break it to Amber that her secret, was not so secret anymore.

“You know, you should really tell me what’s going on Yul.” Amber cleared to get Yuri’s attention. "It's not hard to tell that you're hiding something."

“It’s not really the easiest to say.” She paused. “In fact, I am finding it rather hard to break it to you.” She massaged her temples.

When the elevator arrived at the parking lots, the best friends step out and walked to Yuri’s Lamborghini. The tanned girl stood and stared at her car before deciding.

“I think it’s best if we get in the car before I tell you what happened today.” Yuri tried to sound as calm as possible.

“Okay Yul, you’re scaring the heck outta me. First you stare at me throughout dinner and then your eyeballs looked like they were about to pop out of their-”

THEY WERE NOT!” She shouted before hearing her voice echo in the rather empty parking lot. “Look, I was trying to communicate with you using my eyes alright? Apparently you’re too dumb to understand what I was trying get at you.”

“So? Are you going to tell me now? Or are we just here to waste some time?” Amber sighed. “I’m still hungry…and was halfway through that delicious beef burger…ugh..” pretending to bite into an air-burger.

“Dude. Just get in the car. In case either one of us ends up shouting. Again.” Yuri unlocks the car and gets in.

“The shouting was all you man. I’m super calm right now.” Amber teased before getting into the car.

After settling in, Yuri turns on the engine and faces Amber.

“Now, after Krystal and you left the office earlier, that -of-a-, Gina, came parading into our department, calling out for ‘Amber’.” This caused Amber’s eyes to widen.

“She wouldn’t.”

“Oh yes, but she already did.” Yuri sighed. “She then continued to say stuff like Nicole is looking for you and she knows stuff about you.”

Amber looked down at her lap, fiddling with her fingers before reaching into her pocket and pulling out her phone.

“I received a message from Nicole about 3 months back.” She looked through her messages before passing the phone to her best friend. “She was threatening to out me to everyone that doesn’t know the real Amber. I don’t know what to do Yul.”

“I tried to do some damage control earlier. Besides me, Joori unni is the other person who knows you as 'Amber' right?”

“Yeah…and Hanbyul. But how’s that gonna help?”

“Oh yeah...Hanbyul. Well, I don’t know how that's gonna help. We have to be really careful about this. Before I chased that out, she said that the truth will unfold in time and Nicole is already in Seoul.”

Oh no.” Amber’s voice became so soft it almost sounded like a whisper. “Then there will be no stopping her. She’s going to come for me…”

 -------------------------

 

So what did you guys think? hahaha comment away! I am watchin' y'all!