Chapter 5

Les Chic

One night, Amber woke up with the sound of her phone vibrating. She rubbed her eyes and saw that Krystal was curled up at the other end of the bed. She smiled to herself thinking that the past six months being in a relationship with the longhaired girl, are the best six months of her life.

She sat up and grabbed her phone off the bedside table. Squinting her eyes as she blindly slides her finger across the lockscreen, she unlocks the phone. She then launches the message app and taps on the most recent message.

To her horror, the words in the message reflect her worst fears. She was now fully awake and had turned her body to face her girlfriend who was sleeping soundly. She got up from the bed and walked into the living room.

She stared at the message once more before looking out into the night of Seoul.

“This is not happening.” She rubbed her temples.

The message on the screen staring back at her.

 

I know where you are. I know who you’re dating now. And I know she doesn’t know who you really are.

 

Amber turned her phone off and sighed. Wondering if she was going to keep hiding her real identity from Krystal.

“What if we’re going to go further? What…about marriage?” She whispered to herself.

Just then she heard footsteps. She turned around to find Krystal rubbing her eyes and walking in her direction.

“Babe? What are you doing up in the middle of the night?” the girl yawned. Amber walked over and hugged her.

“Nothing. I just got a call from home.” She lied. “My mom just wanted to say hi.”

“Oh…” She yawned once more “Do you miss your family AJ?” Krystal hugged Amber.

“I do…very much. I think of them all the time. But I try not too cause it can get hard.” Amber hugged Krystal tighter. “But right now, you’re my family.”

“Coming back to bed? It’s like…four in the morning. Your mom sure has good timing.”

“Yeah. Let’s get this sleepy head back to bed.” She released Krystal from her hug and took her by her hand and led the way.

Once back in their bedroom, Amber tucked Krystal into bed before joining her. The message was still fresh in her mind. She wasn’t going to be able to sleep properly now. At least not for the next few days.

Knowing that this day would come, she tried with all her might to push the thoughts away. She knew how Krystal felt about homouals. Being in a relationship with the girl only helped her in getting to know her boss better.

The girl was merely afraid of being treated differently because of preference. Having come clean much earlier on about her crush for a female senior in school, told Amber that Krystal might have gay tendencies but was very much unsure of her feelings. They are locked deep in a closet that’s bolted shut on the inside and outside, then buried in concrete in the basement of an abandoned house far from society. Yeah.

That pretty much described Krystal and her fear.

But what if she came clean to her? Amber thought. Would Krystal accept her? Or would she get boot.

Amber tossed and the bed, finally realizing that the root of the problem was that she had dragged this on for too long. If she had told Krystal of her real gender from the very beginning, she would’ve avoided whatever discomfort she’s feeling now.

 

--------------------

 

3 months later, just as Amber and Krystal left the office building, a fight happened right outside their department.

“You know Gina, you need to mind your own damn business. THERE'S NO SUCH PERSON CALLED AMBER IN THIS DEPARTMENT!! THERE IS ALSO NO SUCH PERSON AS NICOLE RELATED TO THIS FICTIONAL AMBER! So stop coming here and disrupting us from doing work! Don’t even think for a second that we’re as free as you to prance around the floors, ing to different people!” Yuri pointed her finger at woman, threatening her. “I can easily tell Joori unnie to hire and fire. You get that?”

“You don’t have to threaten me because the truth will unfold in time. Nicole is already here.” She crosses her arms and walked out head high.

“Yuri…what the hell was that?!” Taeyeon asked her friend.

“Nothing. Just…that rumor-spreading being nosy as usual…and you know how Gina’s a real right?” Taeyeon nodded. “Well, I’m just making sure that she doesn’t go around telling people we have such a person in our department and then disrupting our work.” Yuri sat back at her table.

“Yeah. We’ve got another show coming right up. And it’s around the corner.” Taeyeon sighed.

“Geez…I have to tell Amber about this later. Maybe I’ll run by her house with baby later.” Yuri mumbled to herself. “Oh yeah…we’ve got dinner at their place tonight!”

“What are you mumbling over there?!” Taeyeon shouted from her seat. “If you have something to say, my mom says you should always share!”

“Nothing midget. Just finish your work so we can go home. I don’t get how your car is at the mechanic’s on the busiest week of this show and I have to give you a lift.” Yuri started pouting in her corner. This doesn’t go unnoticed by the shorter girl.

“Stop pouting Kwon. Pouting is for BABIES. I’m pretty sure you’re not one.”

“Well…my girlfriend will definitely beg to differ. DWARF.”

“Oh really?” A voice immediately made the taller girl quiet down. “Would I beg to differ?”

“S-S-Sica baby.” Yuri stuttered.

“Hi Jessica.” Taeyeon greeted. “Krystal just left.”

“Yeah I caught her on my way up. We’re doing dinner at her place but for some obvious reasons, this loser here…wants me to meet her here. When I could’ve gone straight to my sister’s place from work.” She took a seat at Taeyeon’s table.

“Baby…why don’t you sit over here?”

“And what? Pray you finish your work faster?” Jessica answered calmly.

“I’m all done. Just waiting on the mid- I mean…Taeyeon to finish her stuff and we’re good to go.” Yuri swallowed her spit.

“You better hope that’s not a lie Kwon. Or I’m leaving here without you. In YOUR Lamborghini.”

Yuri sweat dropped a little more at how serious her girlfriend was. Jessica wasn’t a very patient person and Yuri, of all people, would know best. Having experience the wrath of her princess wasn’t the most pleasant memory to recall.

“Sorry Jessica. I’m really the one that’s not done with work.”

“It’s okay Taeyeon. Take your time. Anyway, where’s Tiff? She’s not at work today?”

“JESSIE!!!” Speak of the devil.

“TIFF!!”

The two greeted each other with the same force.

“ALRIGHT! ALL DONE!” Taeyeon fist pumped and quickly grabbed all her stuff and ran to the elevators.

The rest of the girls looked at each other in amazement. Taeyeon started at them wondering why they’re not following her.

“You guys not coming? I thought you have a dinner to head to?”

“Did you see the speed she went at?” Jessica asked Tiffany. “I didn’t know Tae was so quick.”

“Oh she’s quick alright.” Tiffany chuckled before they joined Taeyeon at the elevators.

 

----------------------

 

A/N: I'm sorry I took so long. I went through a super busy streak. and then I have writer's block. I hope this chapter isn't crappy for you guys. Well, as usual, comment away! 

 

And sorry about the M rating. It rated the story itself. Hahaha!