CH 7

A War Of Fangs & Pacifiers

Yongbok couldn't believe he was stuck with Han and Hyunjin in the back of the semi truck while Yejin and Chan sat upfront. There had been room for at least one more person. This had to be more punishment. Whatever. He could take only so much of this bull. They would have to learn to get over the fact that he slept with Yejin. She wasn't showing signs so everything was fine.

Yejin looks out the window. Her eyes were glued to the landscape. Chan had to tap her arm a few times to get her attention. He wanted to know why she was so set on the others had to agree to come.

"...cause danger will come."

Chan nearly hit the brake. "Excuse me? What the hell do you mean danger?"

"If you see anything... You can't tell the others or anyone really. Mother really will cut you off."

"Jin what the hell are you talking about?"

"The werewolves might attack us. Attack me... Maybe Yongbok." Yejin looks down at her lap.

"Why the hell would they do that? That would start a ing war. No one would dare start a war under your mother's nose."

"Baekhyun would. Especially if Taemin eggs him on."

Yejin looks at Chan to see him struggling to process it. She sighs leaning her head back on the seat more. "Baekhyun tried to force me to be his mate. Xia started the rule about chopping people up because of him. I asked... I came onto Yongbok because Baekhyun was at the club. I didn't want him to try again..."

"YOU USED ME AND NOW WE MIGHT DIE BECAUSE OF IT?!"

"Not we. Me. If he binds himself to me Xia will kill him."

Chan gulps, "A werwolf's mate dies when their partner does. No matter what age or health problems. The souls are forever bond together."

A long silence drags on. Yejin takes a deep breath. The road to the pick up spot just ten kilometers ahead. None of them were in sight. So maybe they could escape without Baekhyun causing trouble. Yejin makes Chan force Yongbok into the back of the cab where no one will be able to see him. She keeps watch as the three men load the truck. Just as the last few dozen crates are left Yejin noticed someone walking over to them.

"Chan! Get over here!"

He hurried over confused at first till he spotted the white-haired man. He whistles to the others. No way was he letting there be a chance to leave Yejin without protection.

"Hello baby."

Yejin hisses.

"Aw. Don't be like that. I came to see you."

Chan steps in front of Yejin. "We're getting the shipment then leaving. We aren't here to fight."

"...sadly that isn't the case now is it... You're touching my mate. I can't let such an offense slide."

Baekhyun runs into an invisible wall as he tries to lunge at Chan. The other foxes marvel at the sight making it clear that they didn't do it. Yejin does her best to focus on the barrier. The knowledge that Baekhyu was close making it hard to focus. Everything in her screamed to run. She had to stay put and focus.

"Han, Hyunjin! Get Yongbok! Tell him to it up and look after Yejin!"

Yejin blinks hearing her name making the wall disappear. Chan quickly moves taking her with him. She could see Baekhyun's eyes on Chan's arm around her. Yejin didnt have many options to keep all four safe. She had been given permission. A shout breaks her thoughts. She rushes over to see Yongbok on the ground with a long piece of metal sticking out of his shoulder, Han laying badly injured beside him and Baekhyun beating on Hyunjin.