What The Dysfunction

A War Of Fangs & Pacifiers

Yejin wakes up late the next day. Yongbok is gone but a piece of paper on the bed where he was laying. She reaches for it noting how sore she felt. It explained that he had to hurry out the door to work but he left his phone number. He didn't want to forget it? At least that's what it seemed like since he gave her his number. Xia said most guys will get their way and run. Yongbok leaving his number had to be a mistake. Xia knew more about the world than Yejin so she trusted her. 

Yejin did make sure to put the number in her phone when Xia was looking though. If it really was him...

Xia rushes her through getting ready. She knew why. Today was the day Xia would teach her how to get blood supplies. Hunting being hard to do with the human's technology. They could detect most things these days. Abusing the supposed shortage of blood the last option.

"Wear your mask and keep your hair up. You know the television version of these creatures but make no mistake. They are not gentle on strangers."

"R-right."

Xia groans, "If you complain about it one more time I will stop buying you condoms."

Yejin blinks as at the mention of condoms she realized something. Yongbok didn't use a last night. At least she didn't remember him doing so. Yejin's feet became rooted to the spot.

"What the hell is the hold-up?"

Yejin gives Xia a strange look. "I don't remember using one."

"Huh?"

"A... nevermind. It's stupid."

Yejin didn't want to deal with an agitated Xia right now. Best to bring it up later. The two walk inside the den of a large group of Gumiho. The back of a tattoo parlor though it looked closed. The eight men around them kept a close eye on them. Two people spoke in English excitedly. Yejin didn't think of it as they made their way to the leader. Xia made her bow to the leader making it hard to look at him. When able she looks up to see a very handsome man and next to him stood Yongbok. Xia gestures to her to not try anything.

"Is this your new protege? What's her name?"

Xia keeps her eyes on the leader. "Her name is Seok Yejin but I just call her Jin. Simple and could be anyone."

"Unlike Xia?"

Xia smiles at him then turns to Yejin. "Jin, this is Bang Chan or Chris if you're feeling brave."

Yejin tries to keep her eyes on Chan. "Why is that?"

"A few of the guys here speak English. Chris is one of the more fluent ones. Felix next to him is the other one most fluent. They're from Australia... Did I say that right?"

Chan nods. "I understand that you want her to take over collections?"

"Unless you have issues with this?"

Chan looks around trying to see if any of the others do before his eyes fall on a sulking Yongbok. He tries to comfort his friend only for Yongbok to storm out. Xia makes Yejin stay next to her. The other foxes could look after that one. Yejin was here to learn the process from Xia. Chan tried to leave to go after him making Xia hiss in disapproval. He still left.

 

"Felix! Hey, Felix stop!"

Yongbok comes to a stop catching his breath. Of course Chan followed him out. His disappointment hard to hide. Chan laid into him before stopping to place a hand on his shoulder. Yongbok shakes his hand off.

"Look man, I don't know what's wrong but if you offended Xia we have bigger problems."

"...is Yejin like Xia?"

"What? ...she basically her daughter. You know how vampires operate. Why bother to ask?"

Yongbok runs a hand through his hair.

"I need you to go back in there and apologize for storming out. We have--"

"No. In fact hell no."

"Lee Felix what the hell... You know we need her approval!"

" her... her and... And her daughter." Yongbok's voice softens a bit as he says those last three words.