CH 14

A War Of Fangs & Pacifiers

Yongbok convinces her to let both men take her to get the phone. She gets dressed having to force Yongbok out of her room as she did so. Chan leads them both looking like a date third-wheeling the date more than someone there to help. Yejin ends up picking something the same as her current phone. Her case for it is far different. A large sun cartoon smiling.

"Why this one?"

Yejin shrugs, "It's a price I can afford. ...I'll be the role for a bit but meh."

Both offer to buy.

"...guys..... You're both being weird."

Chan reminds Yongbok, "I'm supposed to pretend to be her boyfriend. Let me buy it. You guys head home after."

Yejin felt herself smile. Yongbok nudges her, "What?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing."

"Nope. I saw the smile there. What made you smile?"

Yejin pats his cheek before going up to Chan's side waiting for her time to buy. Convinced that she could slide in and pay before he did. Chan teasingly pushes her as she pushes back trying to get there. Yejin whines as he pays for her stuff. Chan hands her the bag proud of what he did. Yongbok just watches not sure of what to do.

"Yoooongbok... He didn't listen... I was gonna buy it."

"At least you have it right? Do you need help setting it up?"

Yejin nods yawning.

Chan marvels, "Still tired? Did you get any sleep?"

Yejin nods heading out first. Yongbok remembers the test they brought. Would she even be able to take the test? He wanted to ask but it might be a bit too personal for out in public. He waits till they get in the car before bridging the topic. Yejin of course is offended. Chan tries to get him to stop. Not wanting to risk upsetting someone with Yejin's kinda power.

"Why can't you leave me alone about it right now? I mean I don't feel good."

"But if that's the case?"

"Worry about it if I get a belly."

"When is that a thing?"

"How should I know?"

Yongbok blinks, "What do you mean? Don't you know about that sort of thing?"

Yejin glares at Yongbok with her eyes completely black. "I died four years ago. I was kidnapped before I got to even tried to have a family. You're the only person I've slept with since dying. How the hell should I know?"

Yongbok sits back holding up his hands. No way would he push his luck. She had those eyes going right now. He did notice Chan trying to pat her shoulder to calm her down. Or at least Yongbok figured that what it was about. Once they reach the house Yejin hurries to her room leaving the two with her new phone and case. Yongbok decides to set it up letting Chan go comfort her. He had no wish to be killed with some kinda power force type thing.


"Knock knock."

"He's hiding?"

"Setting up your phone. Here's more blood."

Yejin sets up accepting it. She drinks as Chan looks around. His plan to sit and talk to her a bit null and void. The only spot was on her bed. Yejin tugs him by his shirt closer and forces him to sit down. Once the blood is gone she leans against him.

"Why are you guys so ing warm?"

Chan chuckles, "Not sure. Is it really that nice?"

"Damn right. I'm only warm after feeling from the vein. Any other time... I can only be as warm as my surroundings."

"Is that why vampires are always cold?"

"Yeah. Dying kinda makes you lose those things that help you stay warm."

Chan wraps an arm around her drawing her closer. "Damn. You're freezing. If you put on warm clothes will that help?"

"No. Make it warmer outside."

Chan chuckles, "I can't do that."

"Can Yongbok do that?"

Chan chuckles once more, "Felix can't make it warmer outside either."

"Useless cute fox..."