Cinderella's Fairytale (Chapter 6)

Cinderella's Fairytale

 

Chapter 6

 

 

Ryeowook was listening attentively to her older sister as she teaches her some history about Korea

 

“The Proto-Three Kingdoms period, is the earlier part of what is commonly called the Three Kingdoms Period, following the fall of Gojoseon but before Goguryeo, Baekje, and Silla fully developed into kingdoms. So in other word the Three Kingdoms of Korea are Goguryeo, Baekje and Silla”

 

Ryeowook nod while writing on a piece of paper

 

“The Three Kingdoms dominated the peninsula and parts of Manchuria at the beginning of the first century AD. They competed with each other both economically and militarily”

 

Heechul stop reading and sit beside her sister

 

“Can I ask something?”

 

Ryeowook just nod at her

 

“Can you explain this Royal Families thing?”

 

Ryeowook stop writing and look at her sister blankly

 

“I’m just curious because I’m a bit confuse”

 

“Confuse of what?”

 

“Confuse of this whole thing; I mean, I don’t belong in this era and I just want to know more about this Royal Families who are currently ruling our country”

 

“Are you sure that you’re fine Unnie?”

 

“Of course, why?”

 

“Well...”

 

Ryeowook pick her quill and continue writing

 

“Because you’re acting so weird lately”

 

“Huh?”

 

“It seems that you’re not on your right mind”

 

Ryeowook look at her

 

“You keep on telling us that you’re not from this era and that you’re rich. You even bring home a lot of weird things and weird clothes and I can’t understand the things that you’re talking about sometimes. The worst part is you can’t recognize our Royal Highnesses and you even dare to throw fight with them”

 

Heechul cough

 

“Excuse me my dear pretty sister, that Prince...what is his name again?”

 

“Prince Hangeng”

 

Heechul hold her sister’s face

 

“Again?”

 

“His name is Prince Hangeng; he’s the older Prince of the Northern Land”

 

“That arrogant man is Prince Hangeng?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Don’t tell me that man will be my Prince Charming? The one that Ahjumma was talking about?”

 

“What?”

 

Heechul hold her head

 

“I rather kill myself than dealing with that arrogant Prince”

 

“You’re not suppose to fight with him”

 

“But it’s his fault”

 

“He’s our Prince”

 

“He’s a Prince, a Royal Highness and he is powerful but it doesn’t mean that he’s always right. We need to be fair here because not all powerful and rich men are always right and will be treated special.”

 

“But Unnie”

 

Heechul hold her sister’s lips

 

“Shhh, just don’t argue with me ok”

 

Ryeowook nod obediently

 

“Now...”

 

Heechul pause for a moment before talking

 

“Can you please tell me more about them? Just educate me about this Royal Families so I’ll be more familiar with them”

 

“Did you bump your head somewhere Unnie?”

 

Heechul shook her head

 

“How come you don’t know anything about the Royal Families?”

 

“Well...”

 

Heechul think for a minute before smiling at her sister

 

“Well?”

 

“I think I lost my memories somewhere”

 

“Huh?”

 

Heechul sigh

 

“Come on Wookie; just tell me everything you know about them. I really need to know it badly so please help me”

 

Heechul pouts while flashing her cute kitten eyes, making her sister smile sweetly

 

“In one condition”

 

“Go ahead”

 

“Can I have that sweet dark candy that you just give me last night?”

 

“The chocolate truffles?”

 

“I guess so”

 

“You can have it but you should share it with me”

 

Ryeowook smile

 

“Our country is governed by two Royal Families; the Cho Family of the Northern Land and Lee Family of the Southern Land. King Kyuhyun of North marries Lee Sungmin; a very beautiful and simple girl who came from a poor family”

 

“Wait a second, if the King marries a girl who came from a lower class then there’s a hundred percent chance that you and Prince Yesung can marry each other in the near future?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“Don’t ever think about it Unnie”

 

“Why not?”

 

“No matter what happen we can never love each other and that’s true”

 

“If you both love each other there will always be a way for it. If his father can marry the girl that he loves even though she’s from a poor family why can’t Prince Yesung do the same thing?”

 

Ryeowook didn’t answer

 

“Did you ever meet the King of North?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“How is he?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“What?”

 

“Well...”

 

Ryeowook stares at her sister with fear in her eyes

 

“What?”

 

“He’s not a good King; he always do whatever he wants without thinking of the lower class people and he always consider us as insects and we don’t have right in this society”

 

“So he’s cruel?”

 

“Yes. He makes sure that everyone will follow his command or else your head will be cut or you’ll be thrown in the dungeon”

 

“Unjustifiable; is the Cho family always like that?”

 

Ryeowook shook her head

 

“The former King, King Kyuhyun’s father was not like that. He is fair and leads his people in a just manner and he always helps the lower class people because for him everybody is equal and should be treated equal no matter what is their status in the society”

 

“What is the cause of his death?”

 

“Unknown”

 

“What do you mean unknown?”

 

“Nobody knows Unnie”

 

“I see, how about the current Queen?”

 

“Well, she’s nice. I meet her thrice because she used to visit here at home”

 

Heechul’s eyes widened

 

“The Queen is visits here at home?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Why?”

 

“I don’t know but it seems that she’s very close with Umma and Appa”

 

Heechul just smile

 

“How about your lover and his very arrogant brother?”

 

“Prince Yesung is the younger Prince while Prince Hangeng is the older Prince. He is engaged to the evil witch, Princess Mimi of the South”

 

“So the evil witch that Ahjumma was talking about is Princess Mimi? Who is she?”

 

“She’s the daughter of King Donghae and Queen Eunhyuk of the South. She has a younger brother named Prince Henry”

 

“She’s really evil?”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“She’s very brat and evil; don’t you dare messed with her Unnie because she will be your worst enemy”

 

“I’ll take that as a challenge”

 

Heechul smile brightly

 

“So, if Prince Hangeng will marry that evil Princess it only means that the Northern and the Southern Palace will be united?”

 

“Indeed”

 

Heechul stand up and slam her hands on the table

 

“I won’t make that happen. My Prince...”

 

Heechul cough

 

“Although he’s very arrogant and I really hate him so much...well, I still need to deal with him to save this land so I can go home immediately. Choi Heechul will never allow her Prince Charming to marry that evil Princess because he’s mine...all mine”

 

Heechul laugh softly

 

“Unnie?”

 

She stares at Ryeowook while laughing softly

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Are you ok?”

 

“Of course, I’m just thinking about your wedding to the younger Prince of North”

 

“Oh please stop that thing Unnie”

 

“She’s blushing?”

 

“No”

 

Heechul smile and start tickling her sister

 

“Unnie! Stop it”

 

“If you will tell me that you love Prince Yesung then I’ll stop”

 

“No”

 

Ryeowook start to run around the table, laughing hard. Heechul was chasing her sister when they heard a knock on the door

 

“Someone’s knocking Unnie?”

 

“Maybe it’s Umma and Appa”

 

They smile brightly at each other and run towards the door

 

“Umm—“

 

Heechul’s eyes widened when she saw a bunch of soldiers outside; Ryeowook hold her sister’s hand tightly and hide at her back

 

“Excuse me? What can we do for you?”

 

Heechul smile weakly; one of the soldiers went inside the house

 

“I’m asking you sir”

 

He stands in front of Heechul

 

“I’m looking for Kangin’s older daughter; Kim Heechul”

 

“I’m Kim Heechul, what can I do for you?”

 

“We have an order from the Palace”

 

“What order?”

 

He hand the parchment paper to her

 

“You need to come with us because the Queen wants to see you”

 

“Why?”

 

“You’ll know it later”

 

Heechul look at her sister

 

“I need to go”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I need to”

 

Ryeowook hold her sister’s hand

 

“Please don’t leave me Unnie”

 

Heechul smile and brush her fingers on her sister’s beautiful face

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back later”

 

“But”

 

“Shhh”

 

She gives the parchment paper to her

 

“Please give that to Umma and Appa when they come back and tell them that I’ll be back soon. I just need to talk to our Queen”

 

Ryeowook nod

 

“Shall we go now?”

 

The soldier nod at her

 

“Lock the door and never opens it unless it’s Umma and Appa. I’ll be home soon”

 

“Yes Unnie”

 

“I’ll be fine”

 

Heechul kissed her cheek and went out with the soldier. She waves her hand at her sister and went inside the carriage

 

 

 

*CHO PALACE*

 

 

Sungmin was sitting happily at the throne room when the head of the soldier arrives. He kneels down and bows at her

 

“Our Queen”

 

“Please stand up and raise your head when you’re talking to me. I’m not Kyuhyun”

 

Sungmin smile at him; the soldier stand up and look at her

 

“Your Highness, we bring you Kim Heechul”

 

The other soldiers went inside together with Heechul; her eyes widened while staring at Sungmin

 

“Hey, I know you”

 

Sungmin smile at her; she was about to walk towards the throne but the soldiers hold her arms to stop her

 

“It’s ok, I’m safe with her”

 

They let go of Heechul and let her go near the Queen

 

“We meet again beautiful woman at the bookstore”

 

Heechul smile brightly; Sungmin hold her face between her hands and smile sweetly

 

“I told you that we will meet again”

 

Heechul stare at her beautiful gown and notice her wearing a crown

 

“Your crown is so beautiful, did you win an award? I mean are you the Queen of the ball or something?”

 

Sungmin laugh softly

 

“I’m Lee Sungmin”

 

Heechul stare at her with wide eyes open

 

“You’re Lee Sungmin? As in Lee Sungmin? The...the..the...”

 

“Yes sweetheart, I am the Queen of the North”

 

“I’m not dreaming right?”

 

Sungmin pinches her cheek

 

“Ouch!”

 

“See, you’re not dreaming”

 

Heechul nod while rubbing her cheek

 

“I’m sorry, are you ok?”

 

“Yes, don’t mind me”

 

Heechul smile

 

“Why do you want to see me Highness?”

 

“I need you to come with me”

 

“Where?”

 

Sungmin look at her servant

 

“Where is Prince Hangeng?”

 

“He’s inside his brother’s room my Queen”

 

“Please tell him to go at his study room immediately because his new teacher already arrives”

 

The servant bows at her and leave the room; Sungmin hold Heechul’s hand

 

“Let’s go”

 

She smiles at her and drags her outside. Sungmin went at her older son’s study room together with Heechul

 

“What are we going to do here?”

 

“We shall wait for my son”

 

“Who?”

 

Sungmin smile upon seeing Hangeng

 

“Umma, why do you want to se—“

 

Heechul and Hangeng stare at each other

 

“YOU!!!”

 

They shout in unison

 

“You guys know each other?”

 

Heechul stares at Sungmin

 

“He’s your son?”

 

Sungmin nod

 

“I really can’t believe it”

 

“Believe what?”

 

“How can a nice and beautiful person like you had a son who is very arrogant”

 

“What?”

 

Hangeng smirk while staring at Heechul

 

“Hey brat sharp tongue girl we meet again huh?”

 

Heechul shoot him a deadly glare

 

“And still nothing change”

 

Hangeng walk towards her and smile sarcastically

 

“You’re still talkative and sharp tongue girl”

 

“Mind your own business ”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“OMO! I forgot that you’re stupid and you don’t know the meaning of ”

 

“And who are you calling stupid?”

 

Heechul points her finger to him

 

“YAH!”

 

Sungmin stand between them to stop them from fighting

 

“Wait!”

 

Sungmin shouts; Heechul and Hangeng look at her

 

“Can we talk in a calm manner?”

 

Heechul look at Hangeng and stuck her tongue out

 

“YAH! You’re making my blood boils”

 

“So? You didn’t even apologize to me”

 

“About?”

 

“For kissing me”

 

Sungmin look at her son

 

“Care to explain Prince Hangeng?”

 

“It’s nothing Umma”

 

“I’m asking you to explain”

 

“It’s a long story Umma, let’s talk about it later”

 

Hangeng sigh and stare at Heechul seriously

 

“What are you doing here talkative girl?”

 

“I don’t know, the soldiers just bring me here because the Queen wants to talk to me”

 

Hangeng look at his mother

 

“Umma?”

 

Sungmin brushes her fingers on his face and smile

 

“I told you that I already found your new Literature and History teacher”

 

Hangeng nod

 

“Well”

 

Sungmin smile and hold Heechul’s hand

 

“She’s your new teacher sweetheart”

 

“WHAT?”

 

Hangeng and Heechul shout in unison

 

“Excuse me my dear Queen; you want me to be a teacher of that arrogant son of yours?”

 

“Yes”

 

“No way!”

 

“Please dear”

 

“I don’t want”

 

She sits on the sofa while staring at Hangeng

 

“As if I want you to be my new teacher”

 

Hangeng told her; he looks at his mother and frown

 

“Where is my old teacher?”

 

“I told you that he’s going to teach at the Northern Academy starting today”

 

“Why?”

 

“Well your father sends him there because the school needs a new teacher for Literature”

 

“I have no choice right? I need to follow you right?”

 

Sungmin smile

 

“Fine”

 

Sungmin ruffles her son’s hair

 

“I’ll leave her to you and you need to be good sweetheart”

 

“Promise”

 

Sungmin smile at him and went outside

 

“So?”

 

Hangeng look at Heechul who is sitting happily on the soft sofa

 

“I told you that I don’t want to be your teacher”

 

Hangeng raised his eyebrow

 

“You really don’t know how to give respect to your Highness”

 

Heechul stand and face him

 

“My parents teach me how to respect people”

 

“Then bow to me”

 

Heechul smile

 

“Why will I bow to you?”

 

“I’m your Royal Highness and you need to pay respect”

 

“I’ll bow to you in one condition”

 

“What?”

 

“If you will bow in front of me then I’ll bow in front of you”

 

“What? No way”

 

“Then I won’t bow to you and won’t be your teacher, get that?”

 

Heechul walk towards the door

 

“Hold it!”

 

Heechul turn around

 

“What? Are you going to take it or you’ll leave it?”

 

Hangeng sigh

 

“I’ll take it”

 

Heechul smile and walk towards him

 

“At the count of three, we bow together ok?”

 

“Got it”

 

Heechul stand in front of him and start counting slowly

 

“One”

 

Hangeng stares at her beautiful eyes

 

“Two”

 

Heechul raised her eyebrow and stuck her tongue while staring at the Prince

 

“Th—“

 

Heechul was shock when Hangeng bows his head first

 

“Please sharp tongue lady...be my teacher and grant my mom’s favor”

 

Heechul didn’t answer

 

“Please, I’m begging you”

 

“You’re begging me? That’s weird; a Prince is begging a lower class lady”

 

Hangeng reach for her hand but Heechul push his hands away

 

“Don’t touch me”

 

Heechul look at him; he’s still bowing his head in front of her

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yes, please answer me now because my neck is already aching”

 

Heechul smile and ruffles his hair

 

“What the hell are you doing?”

 

“If you apologize to me then I will accept your favor”

 

Hangeng was about to raise his head but Heechul puts her hand on his head pushing it down

 

“I didn’t ask you to raise your head”

 

“YAH! I’m the Prince here so I have the right to raise my head. Honestly, I’m not supposed to lower my head, you’re the one who suppose to do that”

 

“Say sorry”

 

“For what?”

 

“For kissing me”

 

“You like it”

 

Heechul frown

 

“You’re so confident”

 

“Because I know that you like it”

 

“Shut up!”

 

Heechul sit on the sofa

 

“Can I raise my head now?”

 

“No”

 

“What do you want me to do? Don’t just sit there”

 

Heechul look at him

 

“I need your apology”

 

Hangeng sigh

 

“I’m sorry young lady; I didn’t mean to hurt you with that kiss”

 

“And why did you kiss me?”

 

“Should I answer that?”

 

“Of course”

 

“Well...”

 

Hangeng takes a deep breath

 

“Well that’s because...I just want to kiss you, nothing special”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes...if you’re thinking that I like you”

 

“Excuse me; I’m not that kind of woman”

 

“I’m just clearing the issue between us”

 

Heechul stare at him, controlling her anger

 

“There’s no issue between us! So shut your mouth because I hate it when people are being delusional “

 

“I’m not being delusional young lady, I’m just telling you that I kissed you for fun and that’s all. I don’t love you or what, I have a fiancée and we’re getting married soon”

 

“I don’t care about your love life”

 

Heechul stand up and walk towards him

 

“Are you really arrogant?”

 

“If that’s what you think”

 

“Aish!”

 

Heechul takes a deep breath and calm herself

 

“How about our deal?”

 

“Deal?”

 

“I already lower my head in front of you and you promise to be my teacher if I did that”

 

“Fine, but I’m doing this for the Queen because she’s really nice unlike you”

 

Heechul manage to smile and bows her head in front of him

 

“I’ll accept your favor, I’ll be your new teacher your Highness”

 

Hangeng smile

 

“Can I raise my head now?”

 

“Yeah”

 

Heechul and Hangeng raise their head and stare at each other

 

“By the way my dear Prince Hangeng, I have a simple rule and I want you to follow it”

 

Hangeng raised his eyebrow

 

“Before we start our lesson, we need to bow at each other”

 

“For what?”

 

“It’s a sign of respect, pabo. In our era, we used to do that every lesson. My teacher in French language and I always bow at each other before we start our lesson”

 

Hangeng look at her curiously

 

“How can a lower class lady study foreign language?”

 

“Is that what you think about lower class people? I mean, you always thought that we can’t study things like that?”

 

Hangeng nod

 

“I’m so sad for you because you don’t know anything”

 

“I’m not stupid, stop insulting me before I lose my remaining temper towards you”

 

“Are you going to hurt me?”

 

Hangeng pull her closer to him and hold her chin tight

 

“Don’t try me sharp tongue girl”

 

“You’re such an arrogant man”

 

“I don’t care so please shut your mouth and let’s begin our class”

 

Hangeng pushes her and sit on his chair

 

“You suppose to know where to place yourself young lady; I am your Royal Highness and you’re just a lower class lady so you need to pay respect”

 

“I’m your teacher”

 

“Being my teacher doesn’t change your status in life”

 

Heechul’s tears start forming in her eyes because of anger. She can’t believe that her Prince Charming is such an arrogant man and don’t even respect other people’s emotion. Heechul wants to slap him for being an arrogant man and for insulting her but she try her best to calm herself and just pretend that she didn’t hear anything

 

“Why are you still standing there? We need to start our class now because I still have another class with my brother later”

 

Heechul grabs the book on the table and start the class

 

 

 

 

“Wookie, are you sure that your sister will be back soon?”

 

Ryeowook nod at her worried parents

 

“What did the soldiers tell you? Why do they need to fetch Heechul here and bring her to the palace?”

 

“They didn’t say anything. The head of the soldiers just give that parchment paper to Unnie and she told me to give it to you when you arrive and she’ll be back soon”

 

Kangin hug his wife

 

“Don’t worry Teukie, our daughter will be fine. Minnie was the one who ask for her and I know that she’ll be fine”

 

“I’m just worried, it’s already late at night but she’s not yet home”

 

“She’ll be back for sure; the Queen never breaks her word”

 

“I know and I trust her”

 

Ryeowook look at her parents

 

“Unnie told me that she will be fine, so don’t worry Umma”

 

Teukie nod and hugs her younger daughter

 

 

 

 

Sungmin walks Heechul outside the palace

 

“How’s my son?”

 

Heechul manage to smile sweetly though her heart is actually aching because of the way Hangeng treats her

 

“Well, he’s fine but still arrogant”

 

Sungmin hold Heechul’s cheek

 

“I’m sorry in behalf of him”

 

“It’s ok”

 

“I hope you’ll have a lot of patience for him”

 

“Of course”

 

Heechul lied and flash a fake smile

 

“Hangeng is not like that, maybe he’s just tired and thinking a lot of things”

 

“Maybe”

 

Heechul stare at the Queen’s face and notice a scar on her cheek

 

“What happen to your face my dear Queen?”

 

Sungmin hold her cheek and smile

 

“I accidentally hit my face with a sharp sword”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’m just trying if the sword is sharp”

 

“So weird”

 

Heechul smile

 

“I’ll bring you medicine tomorrow; it’s for your scar”

 

“Thanks dear”

 

“Thank you for this day, I really enjoy our chat”

 

“We can talk every day after you teach my son his lessons. I’m always willing to listen to you because I gain a lot of knowledge”

 

Sungmin kissed her forehead

 

“Thanks for the food”

 

“You’re welcome dear and if your sister has time you can bring her here so my younger son can teach him music”

 

“But”

 

“It’s ok, I’m sure Prince Yesung is willing to teach her or maybe she can sit in his music class; you told me before that she likes music right?”

 

Heechul nod

 

“Then she can join my Yesungie during his music class, which will be nice because Sungie will have a classmate and it won’t be too boring for him”

 

“I’ll tell Wookie about that”

 

Sungmin smile

 

“You better go home now, I’m sure that your parents are already waiting for you. I’m sorry if I keep you so long but I already ask my messenger to go at your house and inform them that you’re safe and about to go home”

 

“Thanks Queen Sungmin”

 

“It’s my pleasure dear and please sends my apology to your parents for keeping you so long here in the palace”

 

“I will”

 

Heechul bows at her before going inside the carriage

 

“Be careful on your way home, I’ll see you tomorrow dear”

 

“Thanks my dear Queen”

 

Heechul wave her hand; Sungmin watch the carriage leaving the palace. She takes a deep breath and looks at the balcony and found her husband staring at her seriously