Chapter 1

Precious Love
Told in Gui’s P.O.V
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1: “I agree.”

I entered the room full of guest that afternoon. I was wearing a silver strapped dress that went up to my knees. I had one of those shawls over me. [http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/08182008/1/4/c/6/14c61c17b65100_full.jpg]My high heels were killing me and I was hoping that this was going to end soon. My hair was down to around my shoulders and curled. [in the picture.] People stared at me as I walked down the aisle, accompanied by my worst nightmare. The guy next to me, Qiu Sheng Yi or as he prefers it Wang Zi [prince]. Ugh! I think I might die! Out of all the guys, it has to be him. Him! He is my worst nightmare. We hate each other since kindergarten. Now that we’re 23, we have to walk down the aisle together. Worst of all! We have to smile! No it’s not that I don’t like smiling, it’s just not with him. It just feels so weird when we smile. Every time we meet, there would always be arguments. There were photographers everywhere. They were taking pictures of us together. I knew that our parents devised a plan before the party. They pushed us together and had us walk together. Ugh wait until I get my hands on them. Mom and Dad are gonna hear me lecture. Trust me, when I am angry, I AM angry.

“Don’t they make a good couple?” I heard people say.

“They do. It’s like they are meant to be together.” Another one said. What are you people saying! Hello people! This person next to me is the person I hate the most! How could you say that about me and ‘this’ guy! I wanted to scream. Wang Zi on the other hand thought the same. This woman is getting on my nerves. What’s with that smile on her face? Definitely a fake smile. Ugh why am I and her holding hands in the first place? When I see Mom and Dad they are gonna hear a lot from me. < ------- Wang Zi’s point of view and thoughts. Then they both reached the stage. They climbed up and had a seat next to their parents. I continued smiling and then spoke to my mother.

“Mom, what are you and dad planning?” I asked quietly.

“You will know in a bit honey. Your father will explain.” My mother said. I looked at my mother with a disappointed look. Then my father stood up on stage.

“I want to thank everyone for coming here today to celebrate my 43rd birthday. Today I also have another surprise to announce to everyone. Please welcome my daughter Wu Ying Jie and my friend’s son Qiu Sheng Yi!” my father said. I stood up and so did Wang Zi. We went to my father’s side and stood by him. Unfortunately, Dad pushed us together. I was again standing beside ‘him’. I continued smiling and looked at my father. “Today I want to announce the engagement of my daughter Wu Ying Jie and Qiu Sheng Yi!” The smile I had on disappeared.

“WHAT?!” Wang Zi and I cried in unison. My father looked at us.

“Oh you two have something to say?” my father asked. Later in another room,

“What do you mean engagement dad?! With this guy?! No way!” I yelled at my father. Everyone was stunned.

“I disagree with it too uncle. I can’t marry her!” Wang Zi cried out.

“Why not?” dad asked. We looked at each other then turned away.

“Because we hate each other.” We said in unison. We stared back at each other. We pointed towards each other. “STOP COPYING ME! ME COPYING YOU?! NO WAY! STOP IT!” we both cried. Everyone else was just staring at us like we were crazy.

“There they go again.” Mei Mei said. Mei Mei is my cousin. She’s my age and is currently dating Wei Yu. We turned towards Mei Mei.

“What do you mean ‘there they go again’?” I asked Mei Mei. I never vented out my anger on Mei Mei. She was a nice cousin. Someone who I can rely on.

“Every time you two don’t agree on anything, you guys start arguing or start saying words in unison together.” Mei Mei answered.

“WE DO NOT!” we both looked at each other and then I pouted. Mei Mei was right about it. Every time there is a disagreement, we always argue over it. Mei Mei went out to find Wei Yu. I turned to my dad.

“Dad, you can’t say that this marriage is true right?” I was hoping my father would start laughing and say that it was all a joke. But he didn’t, he stood there looking at me. He had the ‘I am serious’ face on. I closed my eyes. OMG! There he goes. He knows I can’t beat the ‘I am serious’ face at all. I hate having to do this.

“You are getting married and that’s final. Both of you no buts or anything. We already arranged the marriage for next month.” Dad said.

“Next month?!” we yelled in unison.

“Great now everyone’s on the same page.” Dad walked out on us. Me and Wang Zi looked at each other. Then turned towards our parents. I turned to mom. She knew I was angry, but she went along with the plan that dad had made.

“Sweetie, it’s not that bad. This is the best for you, you know?” Mom said.

“Best for me? Did you just say best for me?! Mom are dad and you trying to ruin my life or build more destruction on top of it?!” I said. I can’t believe I said these things to my mom. I stared at her for a long time. My face changed. “Mom, I’m sorry. I’m just stressed out right now. Everything is happening soooo fast.” Mom nodded.

“I know honey. Please reconsider this thought ok. As I remember, we never asked you to do anything this important for us. We just want you to be happy.”

“Mom, I’m already happy. Along with you, dad, and everyone else. I have everything I need.”

“I know but you also know that you can not stay with us forever. One day you’re gonna have to go away and leave your father us.” Mom started crying. I couldn’t hold back and hugged her.

WANG ZI’S P.O.V-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Gui was talking to her mother about it. I was talking to mine.

“Mom, seriously, Gui? Why Gui?” I asked.

“Because I think that she is a suitable house wife. Don’t you think so?” Mom said.

“No, mom I already have a girlfriend. Rainie Yang. We’re already dating. What am I going to tell her when I see her?”

“That you are engaged and getting ready to marry then dump her.”

“W…What?!”

“Ey, that’s only the hardest way. Unless you want to do it the hard way.”

“Hard way?”

“Don’t say anything to her. Let her find out on her own. And let her come scold you as bastard or something.”

“Wait…wait… what kind of parents are you guys?”

“A pair that apparently loves their son too much to give up anything in this world for him. But when you ask one thing from your son, he refuses.” Dad said cutting in. Then dad walked out. “Honey talk to him for me.” Mom nodded.

“Sweetie, this is a great idea for you. Everything will be fine. No one will get hurt this way.”

“Mom, have you ever thought about MY feelings at all?! You haven’t even asked me about this!”

“Yeah I know and I’m sorry okay?”

“If sorry can fix anything, we wouldn’t need arm forces now do we?” Mom chuckled.

“Very funny Qiu Sheng Yi. But really please reconsider this and please don’t argue with your father. You know his condition very well.” I stood there like I was useless. I knew that no matter what I say or do. No one is able to make this wedding come to a halt. I looked over at Gui and her mother. They were hugging each other and they were crying. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but

“Mom, I agree to the marriage.” I said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------End of chapter 1
please comment