Chapter 1: Graduation Day.

Coffee Shop

 

Chapter 1: Graduation Day

People were screaming, properties burning, smoke beginning to form into a thick cloud of ash, and sirens are blaring all throughout the place.

Yoona woke up crying, the dreadful dream haunting her once again and made her gasping, for air. Her parents died in that accident and Hayoon, Her aunt, is now taking care of her, promising to be her mom and dad until the day that she dies.

Yoona wiped the tears off her face and realized that it was now 6:00 AM and in 45 minutes, the ceremony for her graduation will start already. No more high school, sigh.

“Yoona darling! It’s 6:00 in the morning! You do realize that you’ll be late and it’s your graduation day today!”

“But I have nothing to wear today! We have insufficient funds and you do know that even if we merge our money together, it won’t really be enough!”

Yoona went to bed once more, knowing that she can’t really go to her graduation wearing nothing but jeans and a sweatshirt.

Her aunt came storming into her bedroom, stomping and screaming in front of her niece. “ARE YOU CRAZY? I CANNOT LET YOU SLEEP WHILE ALL OF YOUR CLASSMATES ARE THERE, ENJOYING THEIR TIME, FINALLY GETTING RID OF HIGH SCHOOL! I DIDN’T BORROW A DRESS FROM ONE OF OUR NEIGHBORS FOR NOTHING YOUNG LADY!”

“It will not even fit perfectly on me! And besides, I hate dresses! It’s all girly and stuff!”

“YES IT WILL! NOW GO GET BATHED SO YOU CAN GET DRESSED!”

She felt her aunt dragging her in the bathroom and all she can do was sigh and complain because, of course, she can’t really fight with her beloved aunt, being her “parents” and all.

Yoona came out of the bathroom all wet and fresh.

The dress was laid on her bed, it was simple yet elegant and it was in her favourite colour, blue.  Her aunt was right, it’ll fit perfectly on her but she doubts that it will even look pretty on her.

Hayoon was sitting on a chair beside her windowsill, reading “Ways on Parenting”. Yoona rolled her eyes because reading that book would be of no help to her aunt. Hayoon treats Yoona as her daughter but she also treats Yoona as her little sister.

“Auntie! Can you please just stop reading! How can I even wear this on me if you don’t even try to help me?”

“Yoona are you blind? You’re just wearing a towel, so how can I even help you wear your dress if you’re wearing NOTHING?!”

“Oh right. Be right back!”

 After what seemed to be endless hours of waiting for Hayoon, Yoona finally came out.

“So what do you thi-“

“OH MY GAWD YOONA! YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL! EVERY BOY WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU! YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL DAR-”

Yoona placed a hand on her aunt’s talkative mouth. She spoke to her aunt in a very quiet but calm voice

“Auntie, if you scream again I will ruin this dress and I’ll throw it in the trash bin, do you understand?” Hayoon nodded. ”Now, I will let go of you and your blabbing mouth in 3…2…1”

“-LING”

“I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!”

“WELL I STILL HAVE TO FINISH MY LAST SENTENCE YOU KNOW!? You haven’t put any make up on? Urgh”

“I grew as a boyish kid and you expect me to put my own makeup? Are you dreaming?”

“Shut your trap, young lady. Let’s start with those eyes”