chapter 14

Our Fluffy Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


 

Damn it… this was going to be tricky. 

 

You tried to break free from his grip but it was no use. You could use your gun but you won’t have enough time to pull it out. 

 

“I will finish you off now.” He tightened even more. 

 

You desperately started hitting him on his chest, you tried to kneel him on his stomach but why doesn’t he move. You were coughing and your eyes rolled back. This was it. You were going to die. 


 

“Hey! What are you doing.” 

 

A voice shouted, running over to the scene.

 

The guy cursed under his breath and surprisingly he pushed you onto the ground as you gasped for air. He took out a gun from his pocket and aimed at the person who was running over. This was your chance. As he was distracted by another person you quickly pulled out your gun as well and was about to shoot him when the guy suddenly turned around.

 

With a Bang! he fired at your chest and you shot at his right shoulder making him drop his gun on the floor.

 

The guy gritted through his teeth as blood was dripping from his arm. Seeing you fall onto the ground, headfirst, the injured assassin decided to retreat for now. The person that was running over stopped at your side, completely caught off guard. 

 

Before his eyes were two people pointing guns at each other. The man doesn’t know what took over his body but he felt that he needed to do something. And maybe rushing out wasn’t the best choice he made. 

 

The man was about to pat your cheek but hesitated. His eyes trailed down on your chest and were absolutely shocked. This can’t be. He clearly saw you getting shot so where the hell is the blood? He couldn’t register what was going on until you gasped for air, coughing hard. 

 

As you tried to catch your breath you felt intense pain all over your body making you cough even harder. “Hey… you okay?” It was only then you noticed the other person’s presence. You quickly brought your hands up, all defensively. How could you let your guard down to that extent? To not know until he voiced his voice out. You blamed yourself for being careless. 

 

“I’m not a bad person. I promise, miss.” The man looked at you, concerned visible in his eyes. Scanning up and down you let out a relieved sigh, bringing your arms down. “Oh, it’s just you mister.” 

 

The security guy smiled to himself feeling glad that you remember him from before. During his job, it was normal that visitors don’t remember their faces because no one really paid attention to them. He stretched out his hand giving you a small smile, “here let me help you up.” You gratefully accepted his hand and dusted off the dirt from your sides. 

 

“Are you okay by the way?” 

 

“Yeah don’t worry. I’m fine”

 

He looked at you not buying any of it. Anyone would have noticed that ‘fine’ was not the word to describe your condition. “So why aren’t you bleeding? You got shot right?”

 

That’s when you truly felt grateful to the one and only equipment you never took off. The bulletproof vest you wore under your shirt. Bulletproof vests are usually big and visible. However, the one you wore is specifically designed to wear under a shirt so no one would notice. It’s thin but one of the best quality. 

 

Even though you survived it still felt like . Heck, you got shot for god sake! Of course, it will hurt like hell. You’re just glad that you didn’t die. 

 

You grabbed your gun, thanking him. “Please don’t tell anyone what you just saw. It’s complicated.” You smiled one last time before leaving the place. You didn’t feel bad without explaining to him. He is a good guy after all and the less he knows the safer he will be. 

 

You shrugged away the thoughts and focused on what you should do now. Since he got shot he couldn’t have gone too far. You looked down on the ground trying to find the bloodstains and fortunately, it was visible even in the dark. 

 

This time you were determined to do this much more carefully. You followed the blood which led you to an alley not too far from the parking lot. Hiding behind a wall you carefully stuck out your head only taking a peek to see what’s in the other corner. 

 

But there was nothing. You looked down again to see the blood continuing deeper in the alley taking another turn to the left. You tighten your grip around the gun and took small steps to minimize the sound. 

 

There was just no way he could have known you followed after him. But even so, he never got the chance to check it for himself if you are dead so maybe there is a possibility that he has something planned. But there is no way he plans to do something with that shoulder of his, right? 

 

You need to conceal your presence. Think _____ remember what your teachers taught you. A battle between assassins doesn’t need to involve exposing yourselves. It’s about to conceal your presence and seek out the opponent’s location to take the first move. 

 

You looked around your surroundings and it was obvious that there’s only one way to continue this alley which is that left turn. Even so, it’s too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter