The Drunk Butler

Money Found Love

 

 

 

“Oppa!”  He stops his pace, his hand stiff around my wrist. I could hear him heave a sigh before he turns his heel and a jovial expression plasters in his face. “Jina…” There is warmth in his voice. I never heard him like that in my three or so days with him. He was always short tempered and distant with me. My eyes darted to a very pretty long legged girl, showing it off on her two-piece bikini peering from her untied robe. Her hair is still damp and her cheeks flushed red. She is even prettier when she smiles. His grip loosens and as if in a trance he strides back towards the pretty girl gently kisses her cheek and totally forgotten that I existed. I watch the two holding each other’s hand went back to the pool with the others.

Uh…that went well… Thanks to that lady he calls Jina for saving me from the punishment I don’t deserve. *sigh … I turn to my left and remembered the swing… I sat on it and let my body relax with the soft breeze of the wind touching my cheek as I move.

 

“Dara baby be careful neh?”

“Yes papa….” I giggled. Letting my hair fly as the swing lifts me up and down.

“Now..now..not too high baby…”

“But I like it this way papa!” I yelled at him.

“I know…but be careful and hold on tight…don’t let go Dara…”

 

A tear escape from my eyes …. I will never let go papa… He’s always been my strength all these years even after his death. His words and love for us made me overcome all the pains I have to endure… I will never let go…

“Hey…”

“Huh?” Seunghyun “TOP” Choi came back? The hanky…yeah…he came back for his hanky. “Oh, you came back for this…” I held out his hanky that I did not use because it looks too expensive for me.

“Oh no…no… it’s yours now…” He waves his hand in front of me and smiled. “I thought to check on you if you’re still here since I saw Jiyong  came back with Jina…”

“Ah…well, I am still here…and thanks.” He took the other swing and mimics my movement except that his feet are rooted on the pavement…wah! He is darn tall.

“Are you wondering who is she?”

“Eh?”

“Jina…”

“Ah…the lady? She is very pretty right?” He gawks at me as if trying to decipher my sincerity…and then he smiles and shakes his head. “What?” I ask him.

“Nothing… it’s just that I find you prettier than her…” The blood in my body crawled up to my cheeks that I look away from his gaze to hide it. “You are even prettier when you blush…”  Yah! What is he doing? Is he trying to hit on me?

“What are you doing Top siii…”

“Hmm?” A furrow appeared on his brow as he looks innocently confused at me.

“I mean…well… I think I am not that…pretty…” My voice docile and my eyes avoided his gape.

“Oh, you are Sandara….you are just too shy to admit it…” That made me fidget. No one ever told me I am pretty except for my parents and Carlo…of course they are my family.

“Please Mr.Choi… I am not comfortable having a conversation with you like that.”

“Alright…sorry for making you feel awkward…” I gaze at him and he smiled to me.

“Uhm, you should go back to them now or they will come here looking for you.”

“Nah…they will not notice it…” I glare at his blue hair and thought that is too impossible to miss him from the crowd. Nevertheless, I did not insist.

“ I really wonder why your group disbanded at the peak of your fame…” That came out loud from me before I could even realize it…I nervously look at him… “…Omo! I did not mean to pry…”

“Nah, it’s alright. It’s been three years already and all five of us has moved on. We have now our own individual careers and lucky to have our supporters still backing us up all these years. Jiyong – a successful composer, performer and a businessman. Seungri finished a degree, owned a chain of fast food and back to acting. YB has signed up to a foreign label company who promoted Usher.  Daesung improved his singing prowess and into ballads these days. While yours truly have three movies lined up and a drama series in the making.   ”

“Wow…you five are really doing very well on your own…”

“Yeah…we are.” He smiles again.

“So…”

“…so why we ended Bigbang?”

“N-neh…”

“Because Jiyong did…”

“He did?” My curiosity peaked up.

“Sajangnim Yang’s only daughter Jina …that was the reason.”

“Oh…she is the reason?”

“Yeah…of course at first we did not agree with his decision but we can’t stop him though…what is BigBang without him? So we compromised and decided as one…”

“You supported him despite of leaving you?”

“Yes. That’s how we respect him Sandara.” Tsk, no wonder he is full of himself. He was surrounded by a lot of submissive people before…well I would rather say patient and understanding friends…real friends.

“I can’t just imagine how your fans were shocked at that time…”

“You don’t have an idea Sandara…” He chuckles as if remembering an incident.

“So, it was Jina huh?”

“Yup…”

“You were not angry with her?”

“To be honest NO, although we thought we were deserted by our leader but when he explained it to us…we finally empathize with him…”

“Wow! Glad everything went well after…”

“Yes it did went well…so much better than I expected…”

“I can see that…so Jina and Jiyong siii are together since then huh?”

“Miss Park!”

Top siii and I both turn to the direction of an annoyed voice…and there he was with his scorching gaze. I rolled my eyes. There goes the ill-tempered Kwon Jiyong I know.

“I…think…I need to leave you now?” My voice apologetic.

“I know. Catch you soon Sandara Park.” I just nod and smiled at him. Hurriedly I stride towards that grumpy person…he is always like that with me…tsk! Anyway, I can’t complain enough…he is paying me for starters and I signed a deal.

“Are you flirting with him Dara?”

“Eh, what?”

“I was gone for a few minutes and here you are all over him?”

“Ha?” I glance back at Top siii who waves his hands to me and struts to the party’s direction. My head feels very light as I pull my eyes back to those deep brown ones… flirting? Me?...all over him?...

“Finally, your eyes back at me…” His cynicism is apparent that I stop my pace just five feet from him and stared. For a moment we were exchanging our silent disgust to each other…dear remember you are just a butler and you need his money… I sigh. I know that.

“Are we leaving Jiyong siii?” I made sure I sounded cheerful. His eyes narrowed to me as if to evaluate my lack of interest in his adversative remarks earlier. I don’t like picking an argument specially when I know that I am at a disadvantage. For now, Sandara Park will be the extreme uncomplaining person in the world!

I guess tolerating his actions is the best counter attack because he did not say anything after that and turn his heel away from me and strides to the parking area. Oh…we are leaving indeed.

On the road, silence still envelope our atmosphere. I really wanted to ask him why we left so soon and where is Jina? He can’t just leave her…she’s his girlfriend for Pete’s sakes…girlfriend….that reminds me…

“Oh my gosh!” I cover my mouth and felt tiny needles prick my skin.

“What?” He muttered. His eyes focused on the road.

“N-nothing…”

“Speak up Dara!” He glares at me briefly.

“Well, it is not my business really…”

“It’s my Business to know what you are thinking!” Hmp! What an as$hole he can be! I grunt. So, my thoughts now is owned by him? Grrr… patience Dara….patience…

“I was wondering… does Jina know….errr…about me?”

“What does Jina need to know about you?” He jeers at me.

“She is your girlfriend right? I can’t believe that you are making this kind of deals behind her. She looks so sweet and a very nice girl….and…”

“Shut your freaking mouth Dara or I will stop in the middle of the road to shut it myself…”

“Eh?” Now grumpy Jiyong lurked from a fleeting rest.

 

He’s just extremely unpredictable. He was asking what was I am thinking and when I told him he’ll just shuts me off. He is just too hard to comprehend…his mood swings are over the top. How am I supposed to catch up with him?  I really applause uncle Gio for doing a great job with him. A must to do for me is to sit  down and ask pointers from him on how to tame this particular idol

The silence inside the car is back. I busy myself counting the structures that have huge posters of him and it was astonishing that it just goes on and on as we traveled down the superhighway. Wah! He’s totally very popular. Aigoo… I will never get use to it.

In the serene silence of the car, my stomach picks the moment to wail on its own. I quickly cover it, and as if taunting me it made weird sounds again…argh! Even my stomach is turning against me! However, I keep my composure and act as if nothing happened. He did not make any reactions so I thought he did not hear it. Jiyong slowed down and veers right to the next intersection…he turns left after five or more establishments and pulls over in front of Hot Peppers known for its mixed Mexican-Asian-Korean cuisines. I heard that you can’t just dine here if you have not made reservations a week before. Dang! Isn’t that my job to make sure that his appointments or schedules are in place? He steps out from the car and I stumble following his stride. The valet took the keys from him and he went straight to the door where a waiting female personnel smiles merrily to him. Eh? So he is a patron here too?

“Good evening Mr. Kwon…”

“Hello Chaerin…how is everything going here?”

“Doing really great Mr.Kwon…”

“I see…”

“Your deluxe is ready sir…”

“Thanks…”

He enters Hot Peppers and I hesitated if I should tag along with him. I shyly grin to the woman name Chaerin as I clasp my stomach and stood still.

“Dara!”

“Eh?” I heard him call from inside that made me jerk and enter the establishment at once. He was there gaping at me as I move slowly towards him. The floor is thickly carpeted and the place is very elegant. The background music is so relaxing to my ear that it made me slow down my pace and look around… wah! I can’t believe it the room is filled with idols, politicians, rich people and foreigners… I suddenly feel inconsequential to this kind of place. This is beyond my comprehension.

“Are you done? Can we move now?”

“Huh?” I saw his frown before he turns his back and ascend to the second floor. I saw the catalog at the base of the stairs… Exclusive for the Owner Only…. Eh? Don’t tell me…aish! Why am I so stupid! He owns the Hot Peppers too?... Unbelievable!

 

“Eat…”  He muttered to me after the chef himself places the mouthwatering food on the table. I look up to him, still stunned of this few revelations about him. I never knew he owns something like this. It’s never mentioned in any tabloids or was it published but I am too busy with my own life.

“Eh?” I am famished but I am diffident.

“You are obviously hungry Dara…so go ahead and eat!” It  was  more like an order than a request.  Fine! I ate everything to my surprise…I was starving to death that I thought I could keep it until we reach the house.

“Tsk! You eat like a pig Dara…” Did I just fathom a hint of mirth in his voice? Nah! Impossible.

“I was hungry…what can I do?”

“Obviously you are Dara…”

“Here is the bottle of wine you ordered Mr.Kwon…” A waiter came with a wine in a bucket wrap in an embroidered cloth.

“Thanks Troy…”

“You are welcome sir…mam…” He glances at me and i smiled back meekly before he left.

“You really like to flirt huh?”

“Eh? What?”

“I don’t know what I am going to do with you Dara…”

“Pardon me?”

“Anyway, do you drink?”

“No.” Gahh! You are the most capricious person I ever met!

“Then you must. A glass of wine will help you relax…have some…” He shoves to me a half-filled glass of wine that I awkwardly accept. It made me flinch as I smelled the strong aroma from the contents inside the glass. “Just one sip at time Dara…” He said to me. Okay…one sip… I cover my nose and a gulp a bit of the liquor, it taste weird…and I feel the warm fluid traveled down my throat. Instantly I feel my cheeks burn.

“I don’t think I can finish this…” I put the glass back on the table…I don’t like it.

“You will get use to it…drink all of it…”

“I can’t…”

“Drink it…” His voice hard and persuasive.

 

Aish!

“Fine…”  I took the glass and in one swig I drain the glass empty feeling my throat itchy afterwards that made me cough.

“Good girl.”

I don’t know how many glasses of wine I quaff after…all I can remember is that I drank all the contents in the glass after he refills it. I feel my body heated and my head lighter…it was as if I am flying yet my world is tumbling around me. My focus is irregular and my sense of will collapsed.

“I think we are done here…” I heard him said afterawhile. I don’t know how long we stayed there and what time was it… is it past nine already? Or fifteen minutes after ten? I have no idea… I tried to stand up but my feet is too weak to move.

“Let me…”

“Eh?”  Before I know it, his arms are now wraps securely on my waist… I was half walking half lifted by him. My nose on his neck that I almost wanted to gnaw it…darn! My arms flaccidly swayed as we move down the stairs…omo…what will the people think of us…of him…? Protecting his image wake me up a bit.

“I…I can…walk…”

“No you can’t…” His grip tightens.

“What…what  if…some…one sees….you…”

“I used the other stairs Dara…”

“Ah…” I mumbled and my consciousness is deflating…but I can’t stop my mouth talking…tsk! What is wrong with me? … “You smell ….reeeally good…kkk.” I can feel he stiffened and then he continues to move.

“Do I really?”

“Neeh…can I take …a…uhm…bite?” Whoa! What did I just said?...oh dear I like you more when your drank ayiii….

“What?” He stops again. He released me and I can feel the cold wall against my warm back. He traps me between his arms as those dark brown eyes gaze down on me. I swayed a bit…having problems finding my balance… so he pressed his lower body against mine to keep me still…and gosh! I could tell I feel something move down there even if I know I am intoxicated…grrr…it was ticklish!

“I…said…can … I … bite…you…” I leer at him…completely throwing my shyness…this is the vixen’s doing I just know it!

“Dara…are you flirting with me?” His voice sounded husky…wow! I like that more than the annoyed one.

“Uh…kkk… I don’t know…am I?” I my lower lip knowing I am thirsty of something…uhm…is it for water?...

“You are more honest when you are drunk…you know that?”

“I…have no…idea…J-Jiyong  siii…” I mumbled as I feel my eyelids getting heavy…but my body is too awake of his hardness pressing hard on me…Yah! My perfidious body!

“Now …about that bite you were asking…”

“Neh?” Why I feel like I am a child who is about to receive a cotton candy from him? oh brother!

“Go ahead…and bite me…”

Ehh? I feel my head wider…my cheeks warmer…my body hotter…my sense enthuse. It must be the wine…yeah this is all because of that darn wine he gave to me! However, my hands moves on its own and went up to grab his head… I push it down to my parched lips claiming his sweet waiting lips… and have my bite…yes!

 

 

=0=

To be continued…

 

 

Author’s Note:

*bawling* Thank you for SUBSCRIBING & dropping COMMENTS… I really really really APPRECIATE IT!

My Singaporean readers thank you!

My Filipino readers thank you!

My readers ( sorry, I have no idea from where you are) THANK YOU!!!

Keep in touch~

 

=0=