Reality

Money Found Love

 

 

I feel my body become stiff and agitated at the same time. Why in the heck would  Mister Kwon do this? Why would he bring me here? I can’t be here. I don’t belong here. Suddenly, the shoes I am wearing weighs a ton as we strut, well Mister Kwon as always walks with oozing confidence while I did the opposite like a lifeless ragged doll being steered by her puppeteer. Part of me wants to run and hide away from the sea of speculative eyes.

 

“Relax…I am here.” I heard him whisper and wink at me as we continued to approach a distinguished man in his early forties wearing a formal suit. It was obvious that the man waited for his arrival. His face lit up the moment he saw him…but his eyes squints towards me with odd curiosity.

 

“Jiyong-ah! Finally, you are here…how long was it since we last saw each other?”

“It has been 3 years uncle, how are you? Thanks for inviting me.”

“My pleasure Jiyong. I have been inviting you since…you know… but you were always busy.”

“I know uncle and sorry for that…had been doing a lot…”

“I see. So, who do we have here with you?”

“Oh yeah, Dara this is my Uncle Cho a very close friend of my Dads and uncle, Dara is my…”

“…his PA… I am his PA. Nice to meet you Mister Cho.” The nerves got into me. I am afraid Jiyong might say something else and create a buzz in this crowded room. I am fully aware of the tension circulating around this people. I don’t know why I feel so affected by it that it made me feel awkward and so out of place. However, the moment I mentioned I am Jiyong’s PA, it seems everybody was relieved of something that it made the atmosphere magically lightens up.

“Oh, and I thought you’re some showbiz personality or a model of some brand. You are quite a looker for a PA, Dara.”

“T-Thanks Mister Cho.” I felt Jiyong’s grip tightens, it made me feel uncomfortable. I glance up to him but his eyes did not want to meet mine.

 

“Uncle, I really hate to bail on you but I can’t stay any longer.”

“What? You just arrive Jiyong ah..”

“I know. It’s just that I still have to go somewhere else. My schedule is kind a mess now a days.”

“Oh, I see…uhm but before you go, can I ask a favour from you?”

“Y-yeah sure. What is it uncle?”

“Just at least see her…”

“Uncle…”

“Come on Jiyong…she’s been expecting you.”

“Al…right…” There was a slight hesitation in his voice that Dara found it intriguing. Who could be this person, a she in particular, they are talking about? She thought in silence.

“Great!” Mister Cho’s face brightens up as he put his right arm around Jiyong’s shoulder and drags him towards the end of the room leaving Dara alone. Jiyong did not even bother to glance back at her.

 

A couple of minutes passed still no Mister Cho or Mister Kwon came back. Dara found a corner for herself to vanish from the chatting crowd. Her stomach is growling for she did not have a good eat this morning.

“Where did they go?”

Minutes turn into hours. Wanting to get some fresh air Dara walk through the crowd who seems to forget all about her that she was with Jiyong a couple of hours ago. She went to look for Mister Gio. The old man immediately spotted her.

“Hey Dara, where is Jiyong?”

“Err…he went somewhere with that Mister Cho.”

“Oh…Jina’s uncle.”  Then his phone rings. “Yes Mister Kwon…Okey. Got it.”

“W-what did he say uncle?”

“He said that we just leave first.”

“Why? W-what about him? How will he get home?”

“Need not to worry Dara. Mister Cho owns a lot of cars. He will let Jiyong use one of his.”

“Oh…I see.”

 

=o=

 

I don’t know how long I was staring at the clock. But I do know Jiyong is still out for almost six hours now. I could not bring myself to sleep. How come he did not call? Aish! But who am I for him to call anyways? Oh gee Dara wake up! This is not a fairy tale this is real life.

Finally, submitting myself to oblivion at almost 2am. Having all the emptiness and the longing stirred inside me as it joined my dreams making it more dull and lifeless.

“Hah!” I woke up from a fuzzy dream. My heart beats faster and felt my lips dry. I need water… I thought. Tying my hair up and put the robe on, I slowly went to the kitchen for a glass of cold water.

The clock strikes at 2am. I have no idea if he’s home already, so I tiptoed towards his room. I listened at the door for any sign of movement inside. Nothing… Slowly I turn the knob and forced myself just to have a peek inside just to make sure that he’s safe home. The room is empty. He is still out? I felt disappointed knowing where he is and who might be with him right now. “Dumb!” I scolded myself. I have no right to feel this way. With a deep breath, I slowly close the door and strode back to my room.

“What took you so long?”

“Huh!” That made me jerk, I turn around and there he was, looking sleepy and tired at the single sofa of my room. I swear, I did not notice him there… oh yeah right… the vixen in me snorted.

“Did I frighten you?” He stood up, took my hand and gently caresses my cheek. Really just this simple gesture from him makes my knees turn to jelly.

“N-no…” I lied.

“Really…?” He grins with those sleepy eyes. Oh my! Why is he the cutest when he acts like this?

“Well, a little bit. I did not know you were here so…”

“I came just few minutes ago. I did not want to wake you up so I went for the sofa.”

“Oh…H-have you eaten already?”

“I am good, need not to worry.”

“Ah…” I just manage to utter when he starts to put both of his arms tightly around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

“Can we sleep now?” He mumbled at the base of my neck sending shivers down to my body.

“Yeah…s-sure.”

My eyes are still wide open as we lay silently on my bed. I can feel his breathing going steady assuming that he might be asleep now. I have a lot of questions but I know I have no right to ask them.

“Sorry…”

“Eh?” I heard him whispered.

“Sorry about yesterday. I had to stay.”

“Oh…it’s okay.”

“No, it was not okay. I should have not let you leave like that. I brought you there and bailed on you.”

“Really, I am alright with it.” I feel him sigh as he gently kisses my jaw.

“What would I do without you Dara?”

“Is something wrong Mr.Kwon?”

“Just stay with me…okay?”

“N-neh…”

“It’s just, everybody wants to leave me and when they feel that they want me, they will suddenly come back. Why is that Dara?”

“Why would they leave you?”

“I don’t know. Am I too possessive? Did I make them leave me? Is it wrong to only think of the person all the time?”

“Well it depends, Mr. Kwon. I really cannot speak for you. If you ask me, when you care so much for someone you tend to think that you are the only one for that person’s life but there are times that you cannot give to that person what he really wants. If that happens they tend to walk away and find it for themselves.”

“Are you that kind of person Dara?”

“W-well, Mr. Kwon…”

“You promised…arraseo?”

“Y-yeah…but…”

“Then that is enough.”

“Did…she left…because of that?”

“Who?”

“Ms. Jina.”

“It was…a different story with her.”

“She must be really someone special to you…” I know I should stop talking about her but I guess I am jealous knowing he spent the whole day with her. I just cannot help it. I know I have no right to do this…

“She is special to me.”

“Oh, then why don’t you get her back Mr. Kwon? Don’t get me wrong but the two of you deserves to be together.”

“Dara…”

“Really…I mean you are a match made in heaven. Why stopping yourself from getting her back?”

 “Can we sleep now?”

“Mr. Kwon, you cannot delay the chance of having her again. I believe she still cares for you…and I know you still do.” The jealous woman in me takes over that I just could not let the conversation stop about Jina. I know I have crossed the line. He sat up and took a deep breath.

“Stop it Dara!”

“Mr. Kwon…it’s just that…”

“Do you really want to talk about this? Okay! Today Jina and I spent the day together. We talked about a lot of things, about us. The things we did wrong. We were still young and impulsive when we started dating. We both hurt each other’s feelings and just parted. Today, I found a matured Jina, and honestly I was surprised. I forgot the time because it was like reminiscing the good times that we had. I realized I missed those times. It was part of my life that I really wanted to fix and spending with Jina healed it…and it made me think a lot…”

I am trying to hold back the tears forming in my eyes. It is my fault. I made him do this and so I must endure it. Aish! My stupid jealous heart! Why can’t I just keep my mouth shut!

“Mr. Kwon…I am sorry…I…”

“Dara…what have I done?”

“Mr. Kwon?”

“Why did I bring you into this? I am a fool to make you do things against your will. I should have not made this stupid arrangement. I am sorry Dara. I was too full of myself that I was not thinking clearly when I did this. It took me this long to realize how wrong this situation is. Darn it!”

“M-Mr. Kwon?” I felt my tongue shrink knowing what will be the ending of this conversation. I should have kept quiet and just let him cuddle me. Aisht!!

“I am sorry Dara…I really am.”

And he left my room. My tears fell like rain. I know this will be my last day in his house. My contract just ended the moment he left my room.   

 

 

----------0-----------

     

A/N: Sorry for the long wait... Thank you so much for reading...