Friends....

Money Found Love

 

 

 

 


And you will not go on dating anyone while I am here...got it?  His words echoed inside my head. How I wished it meant something else rather than the agreement we had. *sigh … but I know it does not mean anything at all for him. He just wants to jog my memory of the deal. Damn!  For a moment there, I almost thought that he feels something for me, that he is jealous…that he likes me…a fairytale love story does not exist in real life Dara…tsk… I know.

 

Just curious….”

 

I knew this is coming after my brief reunion with an old friend. I really do not want to spill anything to him but I have no choice but to give him answers or he might mention Carlo again.

“You worked in an underground club?” He sounded astonished but I did not dare to move. I stayed on my side of the bed with my hand grasping a handful of bed sheet.

 

“I don’t choose jobs Jiyong siii…”

 

“Figured that…”

 

I bit my lower lip. Why does he like doing this to me?

 

“So, how did you and Flowsik knew each other?”

 

“He was a performer in the club I worked with…he befriended me…”

 

“You look really close.”

 

“Yes…we were.”

 

“How close were you with him Dara Park?”

 

“Uh…we clicked right away…”

 

“Clicked?”

 

“Yeah, like we connected and became instant friends…” Reminiscing my days with an old friend gave me a breather that I forgot I am having this conversation with the most volatile person I ever met. Flowsik is like a brother to me. He helps me with my work every time he’s done with his slot. There was a time a customer tried to make a pass on me, but he ran to my aide rescuing me from those a$$holes. I was very thankful having him as a friend.

 

“Really?” The sarcasm in his voice woke me up…reminding me this is Jiyong I am with… the one and only.

 

“Errr…y-yeah.”

 

“You seem to love picking odd jobs Miss Park…”

 

Where is he getting with all of this?

 

“I…It can’t be helped…”

 

“I wonder after this, what job you are going to engage yourself again…”

 

“As I’ve said Mr. Kwon, I don’t care what the kind of work it is…”

 

“Yeah…yeah…as long as it pays good…right?”

 

Jerk!

 

“Yes.”

 

“Hmmm…come to think of it…”

 

“Eh?”

 

 “I am paying you and at the same time you are able to take pleasure of my body. Either way Miss Park you have all the good stuff from the very beginning you signed with that agreement…”

 

What a smug! Furious I turn to him only to meet his intense brown eyes waiting to gaze at me. My fury is just washed away as if a bucket of cold water is emptied on my head. I could not read from his eyes what is on his mind…shht! What mood is he now?

 

“Do you want to know a secret?”

 

Darn! He is shifting gear with his mood again…!

 

But I keep my mouth shut. My eyes fought against his stares while his fingers run gently to my hips down to my waist leisurely. Instantly my skin burns brazenly. My mouth form a semi-O with his boyish grin…and my heart follows to hammer my chest bruising it.

 

“I…have never done…this.”

 

Ha?

 

The question mark blinking inside my head must be too apparent from my face because the grin turns into a chuckle… Oh…my…freaking…heart! Is this the same Jiyong?

 

“You can’t figure it out?”

 

I shake my head…afraid to lose my sight of him…worried that this part of him will wilt in no time and I am left hanging again… I want to relish this moment…as long as I can… This is a rare side of him. I panic when he became serious again never leaving an eye contact with me. Oh no! Not yet!....I silently groused.

 

“I never had this arrangement before …Miss Park…”

 

“W-what?” I faintly heard my own voice…

 

“You…are … the first…”

 

I think I just heard a choir singing at the background…everything around us turns sparkly like we are floating in cloud 9… I mean I am actually feeling in cloud 9 now! What the heck!

 

“W-why are you telling me this Mr. Kwon?”

 

Surprised my voice did not crack. It was shockingly calm. He sighed and tucks a loose strand of my hair that fell on my cheek behind my ear…a chill run to my spine…Please be like this always!

 

“Because I am bushed not talking to you.”

 

I am too…

 

I really wanted to say it but I want him to keep on talking to me. This is the very first time he has done this and I am holding all my will to be careful not to stir this moment.

 

“Can we do this Miss Park?”

 

“D-do what?”

 

“Be friends…like you and Flowsik.”

 

“F-friends?”

 

“Yes…friends but of course not the ‘normal’ friends…you know what I mean.”

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

My hopes plummeted down from the sky and crashed at the ground burying itself to the deepest part of the earth. He wanted us to be friends… Shtt! What do I expect?

 

 “Can…we do that Miss Park?”

 

NO!

 

“Of course…. I … I would like that…” 

 

Liar!

 

“Now…that makes me feel better…”

 

I don’t!

 

“Y-yeah…better…” 

 

Bitter!!!

 

“So goodnight!”

 

What? That’s it?

 

I watch him got up from the bed and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I so wanted to grab him back…

 

”Okay…g-goodnight…”

 

He turns his back from me and then halted before he can even move as if he remembered something he forgot to say. My heart jolts in silence…aish! Stop messing my head…

 

“Oh yeah…before I forget…”

 

“N-neh?”

 

I look up to him as he crosses his arms in front of his chest.

 

“I won’t be bothering you anymore Miss Park…but you can freely come to my room if you are willing to exercise your ‘other job’ here. I am no longer forcing you to do something you are reluctant…it will be your own decision from now on. Arrasseo?”

 

Eh???

 

“Alright, I am done…sweet dreams Miss Park….” And just like that he left me befuddled.

 

Oh brother!

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

“Noona…”

 

“H-huh?”

 

“Are you okay?” Gazing at Carlo I suddenly feel guilty and wanted to knock my head on the white wall of his room. I should not think of something else when I am with him. Instantly a smile broke from my face as I pinch his chubby cheeks. I am so happy that he’s looking healthier now.

 

“Of course I am, why shouldn’t I ?”

 

His innocent eyes look at me and he continues to tattle the things he experienced while staying in the hospital. The friendship he has acquired from other patients of his age.  How Nurse Jane takes good care of him.

 

The joy I feel is overwhelming. It was all worth it…

 

I stayed with my brother a lot longer since I am off duty today. I brought him things he might be needeing and some fruits. We have lunch and dinner together. I missed these times with him.

 

“Noona…”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Do not overwork yourself neh?”

 

I smile and mess his hair. He really thinks like an older brother to me.

 

“I know…”

 

“Good… I don’t want you getting sick and I am not there to take care for you…”

 

“Eh? I am healthy Carl…don’t judge the book by its cover neh?”

 

“Yeah…yeah… I expected you would say that.”

 

 “Haha…alright, noona needs to work now…”

 

I hug him tight and kiss his forehead.

 

“Take care noona…!”

 

He shouted to me as I close the door behind me.

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

 

In a coffee shop just across the hospital, a tall man in oversized coat with strands of blue hair poking from his beanie is keeping an eye with Dara who is waiting for the red light to turn on.

 

I still have two hours left before my curfew… He grins.

 

He took his cup of coffee and followed her.

 

Dara noticed the man in suspicious huge coat. Her heart drummed and she reaches for her umbrella from her sling bag. She is going to use it as self-defense just in case the man tailing her would do something.

 

Rain drops!

 

Aish!Dara mutters. Her pace is gaining speed while the stranger is closing the distance between them. No! She panicked in silence.

 

The man reaches out his hand…the rain is starting to pour…

 

*Whack!*

 

Using her umbrella, she gave him a blow and the man fell down to his knees grabbing his front.

 

Gahhhd! Its throbbing from inside out!  His voice suppressed inside his head as he suffers an excruciating pain. The blow was head on the spot!

 

“Ugh!”

 

“Eh?”

 

Panic replaced by surprise when she recognized who the stranger was.

 

“Top?”

 

The rain poured heavier now soaking them.

 

“Err…let’s find a shade…over there…”Dara’s face all red as the man still in pain tried to follow her lead. He moved as if he just had his circumcision.

 

They stood side by side in an awkward silence under an isolated shade listening to the constant splattering of the rain on the pavement.  Poor Top is still trying to endure the pain showing a forced calm face.

 

“I…” Dara started.

 

“I…” Top mutters at the same time.

 

“Y-you first…” He said. His face all red, different from the Top she met before…cool and confident.

 

“U-uh…M-mianhe…for…you know…hitting you…err….” She stutters.

 

“Uhm…about that…why did you… you know…”

 

Gahh! It’s so freaking awkward!Dara is screaming inside her head.

 

“Well, I thought you were…a bad guy…so…”

 

 “Yeah…my bad… I was planning to surprise you…”

 

“M-mianhe…Top siii”

 

“Nah…it’s not your fault Dara…”

 

“Uhm…does it still hurts?”

 

“Eh?” His face turning scarlet red again…and showed an uneasy smile…”Uhm…i-its fine…” He lied. He can’t barely even move from the spot he is standing.

 

“Oh…”

 

The awkward silence took over again.

 

“So, what were you doing at the hospital Dara?”

 

“I- I visited someone there…”

 

“Ah…someone related?”

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

Finally, the rain stops.

 

“I think we can go now…” Dara said stretching her hand if there is still rain shower.

 

“Errr…” He can’t move. It was still hurting.

 

“Top siii? Omo! Does it still hurt?” Dara sense that he looks rigid and afraid to move…

 

“N-no, I am fine. J-just go first…” Shttt! This is too embarrassing!

 

“I can’t do that! It is my fault you are in pain now!” Concern flowed in her face. “Come on, let me take a look…” It was too late before she realized what she said.

 

“Ehhhh?!” Top’s eyes almost pop out from its sockets.

 

“Errr… Omooo! M-mianhe… You see, I was a part time nurse attendant in a clinic and well…. I helped with some things there….and….errr….aish!.... I should not have said that right?” She turns her back away from him to hide her scarlet face.

 

Silence…

 

And…

 

“Hahaha!” They laugh after with her cluelessness.

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

 

“Your late…”

 

“Huh?” I was startled. I did not expect him waiting at the front door.

 

“Where have you been Miss Park?”

 

“Well…we…errr… I…”

 

We finally conquered our awkwardness and decided to grab a bite. Top is funny and easy to be with. We have talked a lot that we did not know we are beyond our curfews.  *sigh... As I pictured out I will be grilled again by his endless interrogations.

 

“We…?”

 

omo!  He caught that?

 

“Uhm… Top siii and I accidentally bump into each other….and then it started raining so we waited for it to stop….then we decided to have a snack…we talk….lost track of time…yeah, that is why I am late…” Aish! Why do I feel like explaining to him?...of course dear you went beyond your curfew… hmph! Where are you siding now huh? Alarm that I am starting to get mad the vixen slowly backed away.

 

“I see…but we had an agreement Miss Park…”

 

Eh? Why is he taking this so calmly? I am half expecting for him to get berserk…or at least scold me…but this?

 

Aish!  I should be glad right? Why am I complaining? But still when he gets angry with me I really feel so special even though he is too much most of the times. *sigh…

 

“I-I know. I promise this will be the last time.”

 

He gawks at me and just nodded.

 

“Okay, I will take your word for that…”

 

That’s it? No angry face Jiyong?I suddenly feel disappointed. He turns his back and walks away from me.

 

“Ah…before I forget Dara…”

 

I really like it when he calls me by my name. It something in the way he says it… is it the tone?...the way he pronounce it?... It’s just…I really don’t know.

 

“N-neh?”

 

“I need your help. Can you stay in my room tonight?”

 

Gulp!

 

“Okay…”

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

On top of his bed is a box obviously has something inside it and wrapped beautifully. My heart dither. I wanted to run away.  Of course, I know what is it for?  Actually, I really wanted to ask him to whom he will give the gift.

 

“Come here, sit beside me…” He pointed the space beside him.  Cautiously I compel. His nearness made the hairs on my back perked up. The things he makes me feel even without his touch. *sigh… Jina is a very lucky girl.

 

“I need your opinion with this…”

 

He took a note it was more like a draft or something.

 

“What is this?”

 

“A plan…” He beams at me. Oh my! Kwon Jiyong knows how to do that?

 

“A plan?”

 

“Neh. I want to surprise someone.”

 

Ouch!

 

“Oh…”

 

”So, what do you think?”

 

While scanning down the things-to-do-list he made, my thoughts just flew away. My eyes stared blankly on that piece of paper. Could this person be so important that despite of his hectic schedule he managed to squeeze the time thinking for this surprise?

 

 “Errr…”

 

I glance at him and our eyes met.

 

Thump…Thump…Thump…

 

“So…?”

 

“Errr…it’s pretty good and detailed actually…”

 

“Ah…”

 

He took the note from my hand and put it back inside his drawer. I sigh again. It must be for Jina…

 

“Whoa!”

 

He was too fast. Before I knew it he’s already on top of me, my hands are above my head fingers intertwined. His nose touching mine as his deep brown eyes gazes at me.

 

“Do you have any idea Miss Park how your being here inside my room is very distracting?”

 

My! I feel the same way too…

 

“I know I have already modified the rules but…”

 

His lips started to move down my neck barely touching my skin. It made me gasp.

 

“...Do you know I hate the idea that I am breaking my own rule?”

 

His left hand moves to trace my cheek with utmost lightness. My skin screams for his touch. Why is he taunting me?  Involuntarily, my lips parted.

 

“The urge…to taste your lips?”

 

I gulp.

 

“The need to run my tongue inside you…”

 

Oh dear!

 

“To feel your suppleness…”

 

Stop!

 

“To it…”

 

I close my eyes, as I am beginning to feel deep down me is starting to wake up.

 

“To bury myself inside you…”

 

His voice is hoarse and I really wanted to move my body but he’s too heavy.

 

“To be burned by your heat…”

 

Oh gosh! What is he doing to me?

 

“To succumb into your sweetness…”

 

Stop it!This is embarrassing.

 

“But…”

 

I held my breath as we have eye contact again. His eyes are vividly oozing of passion.

 

“…the rule…”

 

The time seems to run amazingly slow…

 

“…is if you wanted it too…”

 

Darn!

 

“…until then… I could not devour you no matter how I wanted to.”

 

Crap!

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

 

The next morning I woke up feeling an arm wrap around my waist. I shift a bit to look at him… He’s still asleep… I smile. We just slept together and nothing happened. I really thought last night he could not control it…but he did.

 

Darn it! Why does he look more adorable every day? I already gave up fighting my growing fondness with Kwon Jiyong. I knew I can’t win over my heart. However, I made myself clear that in the end I will be hurt. That it is too impossible for someone like me to be part of his world. So please don’t fall deeper to him...

 

I am happy like this.

 

His arms around me. Enjoying him, a sleeping idol beside you is a delightful sight in the morning.

 

I could touch him, feel him and have him.

 

But he can never be mine…

 

For the remaining months, I will devote myself creating precious memories with him. This is a one-time chance and I will not waste it.

 

I am actually gambling my own self here.

 

A gamble that I knew in the end I will be the loser.

 

Nevertheless, spending time with him is priceless.

 

I really wish we met in a different situation Jiyong siii…

 

“Hey…”

 

I huffed when he suddenly opens his eyes. He caught me staring at him… oh brother!

 

“H-hey…”

 

“What were you thinking?”

 

“H-huh?”

 

“You were staring at me…”

 

“Errr…n-nothing…”

 

My cheeks getting warm in a chilly morning.

 

“Your blushing Miss Park…”

 

He looks amused.

 

“I…I….”

 

I am stuttering…aish!

 

“You want….what?”

 

“I….I…need to pee…”

 

And as quickly as possible I jump out from the bed, freeing myself from his tight embrace and run to the door. I could hear his chuckle as I close the door behind me.

 

Jeeez! His going to be the death of me. How he can be so freaking irresistible in the morning? Grrr…I know I wanted to make memories with him…but if I keep on acting like this I might end up creating embarrassing memoirs instead.

 

And then suddenly the memory of that gift, the plan he laid out came gushing inside my head…I could not believe that he would do such things to that extent to impress someone. I am really starting to envy Jina. She is so lucky to catch the perfect prince charming’s heart in this age.

 

I wonder when my own prince will come to me too…

 

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

Author’s Note:

 

Mianhe for the looooooong wait! Been busy these past few day!

Comments please!!!

Thank you!