Facing the Odds

Money Found Love

 

 

She lied. It stung his pride. After his unfortunate experience with his first girlfriend he became heedful to every person he met. However, with Dara how could he not see through her disguise? How could she easily make him believe with her lies. Why his keen personality malfunctioned when it comes to her?

 

 

Aish!

 

 

The giddy fans that surrounds him are oblivious of the turmoil he is carrying inside. He smiled and shook hands with them. He even gave them autographs. It must be the years of being an idol that he could even give fan services at his state.

 

 

He walked away from her. He was hurt. He was learning to trust her. He was letting her in to his world that he kept safely away from the others. It was too easy for him to share his past with her. And yet in the end, she lied to him.

 

 

Carlo is the only family I have…” She started. His eyes focused to her as if tuning all his senses to what she’s ever going to confess.  He did not flinch a bit, his eyes overwrought waiting for her to continue.  “…he was severely injured and needed therapy for him to walk normally again. That time I was desperate, I need to find money for him to be able to have the treatment. I was losing hope when…” She stopped and glance to him, assessing his reaction. His eyes narrowed as if he already knew what she was going to say. His hands balled into fist as she heard her continue “…when I found your add. I thought then I won’t get the job since I was the last to submit my resume and there were a lot of applicants waiting ahead of me but still I gave it a try. Before I knew it, I was hired and here I am now.

 

 

Like in constant replay mode, he could still hear in his head her reasons why she did it… He cannot deny the pain in her voice. The earnestness emanated from her eyes. But still, it cannot deny the fact that…

 

 

She lied…

 

 

He hands the last autograph he made to the waiting nurse and waves goodbye to them. He got into his car and turns the ignition key… the car roared angrily as if channeling his fury to the machine.

 

 

He wanted to leave the place. He wanted to leave all the things that happened tonight. He wanted to forget this. Forget her.

 

 

The last thought made him feel dreadful that he shut his eyes close and covers his face with his hand. His chest constricts as he tried to breathe in air. He saw Dara’s face from the depths of his thoughts. She exudes a bright and happy feeling in the midst of his confusion. She makes him feel human again.

 

 

Aish!

 

 

Deep down inside he does not want to stop everything here.

 

 

The first time he saw her was when she was interviewed by Mr.Gio. She got his interest right away that she got the job…his very first pleasure giver.

 

 

He was the first man in her life. How could he ever forget that? He hated it at first but it cannot be helped anymore so he doubled her compensation for her services just to at least make up with her “loss”.

 

 

She gave him hope that made him loosen up his uptight personality that he welded for years after his unfortunate experience with love.

 

 

He was ready to face Jina, but Dara’s unexpected intrusion in his world made all the orderliness in his life crumbling down and making him to start all over again in putting the pieces to a different perspective. Things he never expected to happen.

 

 

She lied…aish!

 

 

The sound of the car’s engine feels like a bee buzzing behind his head. He was too wrapped up with his own dilemma that he did not notice three minutes had already passed after he the car. His waiting fans are getting agitated.

 

 

A soft knock on the window of his car distracted him. He glances to his, forgetting for a second where he was.

 

 

*Are ---you---okay---Jiyong---oppa?*

 

 

It’s scribbled in a piece of paper using bold letters to make easier for him to read. The girl who was holding the paper looks concerned.

 

 

His eyes blink for a couple of times seeing Dara’s face. His heart fluttered instantly but it was only brief when finally reality sets in, she is not his “butler”. She is not her.

 

 

Aish!

 

 

He is aware of the consequences that if he is going  to let himself drown again to that ancient feeling he tried to erase, there would be no turning back. He planned his future to be with Jina, but now he cannot see himself with another person but with her.

 

 

He pulls the key from the ignition.

 

 

I am letting myself to be drowned again and I am gambling everything for this. Will she be worth it?

 

 

His waiting fans are astonished seeing him running back to the hospital. He did not mind what they think now. He did not bother if they took pictures of him.

 

 

To hell with scandal!

 

 

“Mister Kwon?”

 

 

Doctor Lee met him at the lobby. He is surprise too seeing him back inside the hospital. The doctor saw him left a few minutes ago with a bunch of his fans.

 

 

“Doc where is Dara?”

 

 

The mere mention of her name made his heart flutter. He wanted to see her now…to dry her tears. He was a jerk for making her cry, for suddenly shutting her off after knowing the truth.

 

 

“I think I saw her just now went up at the stairs, maybe she’s going to visit Carlo….that way.” The doctor kindly pointed him to the direction because the latter was confused which way was the stairs.

 

 

“Thank you.” He smiled to him. The doctor nodded understanding what the lad is planning to do. He is in his forties now and happily married. He knows how it is to be in love. He watch him disappear from the corridor. Shaking his head, the doctor halted the pool of fans who are about to follow and go after Jiyong.

 

 

“Here is how far you can get ladies…”

 

 

He heard mixed grumbles from the small crowd literally ready to make a tent at that particular corner of the lobby if they needed to wait for their beloved idol.

 

 

 

 

 

=o=

 

 

 

 

 

Climbing the stairs was like climbing the steepest mountain. My feet were heavy, may eyes swollen from crying and I am bleeding inside.

 

 

Is it really over?

 

 

I still wanted to make treasured memories with him. The time I had with him is not enough. But, what am I suppose to do now? He is angry and he hates me. I know this is inevitable. Sooner or later he is going to find out the truth about Carlo.

 

 

Well, I should not expect less of the way he reacted. It was probable to happen anyway. With the kind of personality he has, that is just so likely to happen. The tears start to form again and are warning to fall when…

 

 

“Where do you think you are going?”

 

 

 

My body stock-still… Each of my nerves reacted simultaneously the moment I heard that familiar voice. No other voice could make my knees tremble like he does. With his sheer presence he makes my world turn upside down like I am not me anymore and turns into another person just to endure being with him everyday.

 

 

Jiyong?

 

 

I am afraid to look. My hand gripping at the cold rail of the staircase as my feet remained rooted at the spot where I stood. What if he is just an illusion I wanted to believe? What if he disappears the moment I turn around? I cannot let myself hope for something that is just unbelievably impossible to happen.

 

 

I close my eyes as I heard soft steps ascending towards me.

 

 

Oh my God! Please, if this is just my imagination…please  make it stop now or I might not be able to survive this.

 

 

 

“Butler Dara…”

 

 

My eyes flips open realizing his nearness. My body felt rigid when his arms wrap leisurely from behind me. I am one step higher from him. I can also feel his hard chest against my back, his lips insanely soft and ticklish on my exposed neck.

 

 

“M-mister Kwon?”

 

 

His embrace tightens as I feel him sigh. I close my eyes trying to keep the tears from crawling down my cheeks. Is there any way that I can freeze this moment?  A timid smile broke from my face as I finally have this sweet memory to treasure.

 

 

“Mianhe…”

 

 

Just one simple word and the pain I had just fade-away like it was never there. My heart rejoices forgetting the loneliness that cloaked me when he left after telling him the truth. I did not expect this.  Am I dreaming?

 

 

“I am sorry for the way I acted Dara…”

 

 

I am sorry too…but my intention was for my brother’s sake. I wanted to say this but I cannot find my voice to let it out. I am overwhelmed with what is happening.

 

 

“I get it now, okay?”

 

 

Oh gosh! His voice is so gentle…Is this one of his volatile personality? If it is, I cannot blame Jina if she is head over heels with him. His sweetness is something to die for…

 

 

“Mianhe…”

 

 

How am I supposed to react?

 

 

“Eherm?”

 

 

“Uncle Gio…”   I heard him acknowledge him. However, he did not remove his arms securely wrapped around me. Crap! What the heck is he doing?

 

 

“Mister Kwon, I guess I am late…”

 

 

“Actually you are just in time uncle, here…you drive my car and leave the van at the parking lot.”

 

 

“Okay Mister Kwon…Dara…?”

 

 

“Err…u-uncle….”

 

 

Uncle Gio’s tone was like he is going to leave us…wah! And I will be alone with him again.

 

 

The silence surrounding us is a mix of tension and relief. I would rather have this feeling than the threat of losing my chance with him.

 

 

“Mister Kwon…someone might see us…here.”

 

 

I feel he loosen his embrace a bit and feel his cheeks touch my back.

 

 

“Can we stay like this for a little bit longer Dara?...It really calms me when I am close to you like this knowing I almost lost you there. I was a total a$$hole to you. I did not mean to caused you pain. It was just my stupid ego.”

 

 

“I really understand you Mister Kwon. I am sorry for the lies too.”

 

“I really have deep issues when it comes to lies but honestly Dara, now that I have clearly thought about it, I would have not hired you if I have known your real reasons…so I guess it was better of like that.”

 

 

He is right.

 

 

“Thank you for understanding Mister Kwon….but…”

 

 

“But what Dara?”

 

 

“Err…you really have to let go of me now … Mister Kwon.”  Aigo! Who am I joking? I really wanted him hugging me like this but…I am afraid that someone might see us and use it against him. I cannot afford for him to have a scandal now. Not because of me.

 

 

“Fine…” He reluctantly released me that made me sway a bit. I did not realize that I am using him as support for me to stand still. He took the last step and we are finally facing to each other. His eyes warmly gazed down to me. My cheeks quickly heated reacting to his intense eyes. “You are not going to quit right?”

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

“The deal is still on… I just want to make it clear to you.”

 

 

“I…I know.”

 

 

He bends down to me and held my chin up to meet his kiss. Wah! It was warm and soft that I cannot help not to close my eyes and savor it.  I miss him kissing me like this.

 

 

“I am trying so hard not to do this…but…”

 

 

He stops nibbling my lips for a split second, just to breath and then he claims it again, now deeper and more passionate. I can feel him igniting the moment I feel my back touch the wall. His grinding his body against my frame as I answer his kisses.

 

 

“Mi-mister Kwon…we can’t….”

 

 

“Ungh…”  I heard him mutter in between our kisses.

 

 

“Mister…Kwon….”

 

 

“I…know…just give me a minute…Dara…” he seems having problem settling his boiling temperature. For a moment, I remained trapped between the wall and his warm body. I am battling with my own needs too. “Sorry… I got carried away…I should not forget that I made the rules not to touch you again…neh?” He said as he kisses the tip of my nose. Shock, I just look at him. Gahh!

 

 

 

“N-neh…” Unable to find anything to say I just managed to agree.

 

 

 

“So, aren’t you going to introduce me to your brother Carlo?”  He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the next floor.

 

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

 

“Come on, I want to meet him too.”

 

 

 

“B-but…Mister Kwon…”

 

 

 

He stops and waited for me to continue. My voice evaded me again and just managed to glance at my hand he is holding.

 

 

 

“Dara…have you forgotten you are my pleasure giver? I like holding your hand like this okay?”

 

 

 

“B-but….”

 

 

 

“No buts, let’s go to your brother…neh?”

 

 

 

Wah! Another memory for me to treasure… I cannot believe this is happening. Please do not make me fall hard for him… I might forget that this is just a three months deal with Mister Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

 

===o===

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

Sorry for not uploading lately, thanks for reading.!!!

 

 

 

=COMMENTS PLEASE

 

note: I am  MoneyFoundLove  in twitter  :)))