Joy Ride

Money Found Love

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was already day light when I open my eyes. Mister Kwon is gone. I sigh. The things he said…it just breaks my heart. However, I cannot let myself sulking because of that. I have my duties of being here in the first place. Not just being his pleasure lover or a replacement butler, I want to be the person that will make him think that I am different from the people around him. I want to make him remember that once in his life someone like me came along to help him believe and trust in love again. It is no use if I cry all day, I dry my tears and decided to do what I usually do before I became under Kwon’s payroll.

 

 

We use his white Chevrolet Volt and I silently drove to his only appointment for the day. I did not give him any hints about last night.

 

 

 

“Dara…”

 

“Neh?”

 

 

I glance briefly at the rear mirror. His arms folded in front of his chest as I can feel his eyes gazing intently behind me. I forced myself not to squirm or he might fathom that I am very destructed now alone with him.

 

 

“I…I…”

 

I hear him stutter. What? Mister Kwon stutters?

 

“Mister Kwon are you alright?”

 

“Well, I was just wondering….well, I did not see you come home last night.”

 

“Oh, I think it was past seven thirty already Mister Kwon.”

 

“Ah…so…you … I mean…”

 

“Yes? Mister Kwon?”

 

“Uh…nothing. Just keep your eyes at the road Dara…”

 

“Okay…”

We arrived at the East Gate Tower Hotel located at Jung-gu, Seoul City, which is one of the first class hotel in South Korea, two minutes earlier against the 6pm scheduled meeting with some YGE associates.

 

 

“I think we are early Mister Kwon…”

 

 

I told him as I park the car smoothly at his reserved parking area. The personnel of this hotel must have given instructions of his arrival.

 

 

“I know…”

 

He just sat there in silence and I just waited for him to speak again.

 

“Dara…?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Start the car…”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Drive…”

 

“What? But your…”

 

“Just drive!”

 

 

We were back on the road when I heard him talking to someone on the phone.

 

 

“Yes hyung, I am sorry for causing you trouble…”

 

Silence..

 

“Neh, I am alright it’s just…”

 

Our eyes lock briefly when he glances at the rear mirror. I snatch my eyes back to the road.

 

“…I need a rest….”

 

Silence..

 

“Okay, thanks hyung…”

 

 

I heard him sigh but I dare not look at him again. I do not want him to think that I am a meddlesome person. I really have no idea why the sudden change of schedule but since he is my boss, I do not have the right to ask him anything.

 

 

“A-are we heading home Mister Kwon?”

 

“No, just drive and I will just tell you where to turn…”

 

 

He sounded tired that I could not help peeking at him. His head resting tiredly at the head rest. His eyes are close. My poor multifaceted idol, what is bothering him now? Was it about last night? Am I the one giving him this misery? Did something happened between him and Miss Jina?

 

From time to time he would open his eyes and instructs me where to turn or which street we are going.

 

“Dara, pull over…”

 

“Neh…”

 

We stop in front of an old decrepit house. A memory runs inside my head. It resembles my old home.

 

“I live here until I was four…”

 

“Eh?”

 

Confounded, I peek at the house. He lives here?

 

“My parents were not the typical parent who would give their child a picnic at the park or enjoys a trip to the amusement park. They were occupied with their individual lives that I am constantly left alone here. That swing…was my only friend.”

 

The swing he was saying is covered with rust and the chains are tangled to one side.

 

“They divorced when I was five and left me to my grandparents.”

 

“M-mister Kwon, why are you saying all this?”

 

He did not answer me and just stared at the old shack. Oh my! he must be so lonely…

 

“Let’s go Dara…”

 

He said and we are back on the road again. I could not think of anything to say at the moment, so I let him wander with his own thoughts.

 

“Pull over here…”

 

I hear him said. It was a small playground for kids.

 

“Every time my parents brings me to my grandparents house, we would always pass by here. Once I ask my Mom if we could just stop here for a while…but she never did…”

 

I could see the pain increasing in his eyes. This could be so hard for him. I waited for him to continue. However, it seems that he does not want to say anymore.

 

 

“Mister Kwon…”

 

He looks at me…

 

“Do you want to try the teeter board?”

 

“Huh?”

 

I could just see the surprise in his eyes. My poor multifaceted… I turn off the car and got out.

 

“Come! It’s fun!”

 

I told him as I run towards the playground. I enjoyed my childhood so much because my father never forgets to let me play. He was there always for me, same as my mother. I really feel sorry for Mister Kwon.

 

Reluctantly he opens the door.

 

“Don’t worry, we have the playground ourselves. By this hour, parents would no longer let their children play here…come on Mister Kwon…”

 

He slowly walk towards the teeter board, I am already positioned at the other side. He looks at me as he touches the other end…as if asking if he can mount it.

 

“Let’s play Mister Kwon…”

 

I ask him, finally putting his weight on it.

 

“Wahh! Slowly Mister Kwon…”

 

I am trying to keep my amusement. I could see that he is starting to relax when we start to move. Finally getting the rhythm we were like kids playing as he starts to laugh. I just watch him and feel happy that the gloomy face he had earlier is gone.

 

 

“Enjoying much Mister Kwon?”

 

He looks at me and in one move he got off from the teeter board and I crashed on the ground.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“Haha, now that I enjoyed much…”

 

“Hmp!”

 

I struggled standing up… Multifaceted is a bully!

 

“We need to go now Mister Kwon…”

 

My voice is authoritative that I could feel his change of mood lingered around me. Hmp! I really do not care if he is going to blow up…that really hurts!

 

“Yah!”

 

I heard him called me but I continued to walk ignoring him and settle myself at the driver’s seat. A few seconds more and I feel the door at the passenger seat opens.

 

“Your seat is at the back Mister Kwon…”

 

My temper is reaching its limits that I really don’t give a damn if his Mister Kwon or I am just his butler…

 

“This is my car, I have the right to choose where I want to seat…neh?”

 

He is back to his playfulness again.

 

“Fine! Suit yourself…”

 

It was a threat. I am trying to shake him. Aish! And I am losing my patience….grrr! Without waiting for him to fasten his seatbelt, I step on the accelerator and caught him by surprise. Haha… I rejoiced silently.

 

“Yah, Dara…slow down will you?”

 

I could sense panic mixed with anxiety from his voice. Yeah that is what I wanted you to feel for hurting me back there…. I suddenly feel proud of myself. Yes!

 

 

“ Yah! You are about a hundred now…slow down Dara!”

 

I really do not know what came in to me to play with fate. I know I was really angry and I just want to get back at him…just want to scare him…but when I heard him said that I am driving about 100kmph now, I suddenly panic. Oh brother!

 

I step on the breaks making a scrunching sound of the tires against the pavement. I veer trying to avoid hitting a street light. Luckily, there was no other car passing at that part of the road or we are doomed.

 

The car was unscratched and we are safe…Thank God! I let out a sigh and my hands starts to shake…Must be the adrenalin vanishing… I know it was farcical of me to do such stupidity but I need to prove myself to him. That I am not afraid…well I guess I must have over done a bit…

 

 

“Err…Mister Kwon….”

 

“Stupid! You are so stupid Dara!”

 

I thought the earth just shook with his overwhelming anger. He shifts his body to my side and I thought he is going to hit me or something…Gaaah! I should have not let my temper take over me…

 

“Aish!!!” He shouted.

 

Oh dear!

 

He reaches to me and I close my eyes to prepare whatever will happen next. I must admit it was really stupid to do such a thing…

 

“Huh?”

 

I am shocked. He hugged me instead. So tight that I thought I am going to asphyxiate. My heart bouncing like it just won the lottery. What the heck?

 

“You are going to be the death of me…Sandara Park…”

 

My multifaceted idol…

 

“You are so reckless…what am I going to do if something happened… huh?”

 

“Mis…ter Kwon?”

 

“Fine…if I made you mad because of what I did to you earlier… I am sorry okay? But please…don’t you ever do that again…are we clear Dara?”

 

“N-neh…”

 

He is still holding me…Oh my God! …can we just be like this forever? Drop it dearie, you know this is just temporary neh? Aish! Shut up you vixen you! Then I felt a pang of pain at the right corner of my eye.

 

“Ugh!”

 

“What? What is the matter? Are you hurt?”

 

He sounded uneasy that the pain is overshadowed with joy. He looked distress…shtt! He is freaking cute when he looks like this.

 

“Err…nothing, maybe just a small cut here…but I am fine Mister Kwon…”

 

I pointed the part where the pain was coming and quickly he tuck strands of my hair and studies it….  

 

“Aish!...” He muttered as I felt him softly blowing my cut.

 

“It is nothing Mister Kwon…”

 

“Get out Dara, I am driving!”

 

“What? I will drive Mister Kwon…there is nothing to worry….”

 

“I said I am driving!”

 

I have no choice but to let him do what he wants and we exchange seats. A few more minutes and we are back at the road again.

 

“Errr…we missed the turn Mister Kwon…”

 

“We are not going home yet…”

 

“Eh?”

 

“I am taking you to the hospital…”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“You need to be treated Dara…”

 

“But…it is not hurting anymore Mister Kwon… you do not need to do this…”

 

“No more buts Dara…I can’t rest tonight if I am not sure you are not checked and treated…”

 

“But….”

 

He shut me off with his glare. Oh boy! I should blame myself for this…aish! Whoa… I feel jittery when he is taking me to the same hospital where Carlo is confined and having his therapy. Oh no! Majority of the medical attendants there recognizes me…Omo!

 

“Err…Mister Kwon, I think I will just go alone. You can’t be seen entering the hospital with me…you are an idol…remember?”

 

I am trying to discourage him but he just kept quite as he maneuvers the car at the emergency receiving area.

 

“M-mister Kwon…you really don’t have to do this…”

 

I bit my lip when he got out from the car without anything covering his face…stride towards my side and opens the door.

 

“Come…”

 

He said to me. Oh no! I could start hearing murmurs from the nurses pooled at the door…Darn it!....I could see flashes of camera as he reaches for my hand…Crap!...before I could even react he scoops me and delivers me inside the hospital while I could hear gasps from the people gathered there… I guess there are about 10 to 15 of them.

 

“Mister Kwon…please put me down…”

 

I whisper to him as I tried to hide my face from the flashing cameras… but he seems to be deaf and blinded from what is happening around us. He continues to walk towards the counter and the nurse who is assigned behind the information desk seems to just lose her voice when she saw him.

 

“I need a doctor…”

 

He said to her…but the nurse seems to be on the verge of having a seizure.

 

“Dara?”

 

Oh my! It is Doctor Lee…!

 

I could feel Mister Kwon’s curiosity perk up but he seems to let it pass at the moment.

 

“Are you the doctor here? Can you please treat her wound?”

 

“Yes…of course…what happened Dara?”

 

“Err…”

 

I peek under my eyelashes…. I wanted to see what Mister Kwon’s reaction…but he is really good in hiding it. However, I know that he is just waiting for the right moment to bombard me with his questions…thank goodness for my injury… I could escape his fury for a while.

 

He waited beside the bed as Doctor Lee expertly cleans my cut. The door is filled with giddy nurses trying to have a peek or take a picture with the hottest idol at present but he seems not to be bothered by it. He looks oblivious of the fans swarming outside the room I was treated.

 

“It is just a simple cut Dara, no need to worry. It will heal in no time and won’t even leave a mark…”

 

“T-thanks…Doctor Lee…”

 

“Is she okay to leave the hospital Doctor?”

 

“Of course…there is no need for her to stay here…”

 

“I am glad to hear that…” He seemed relieved.

 

“By the way Dara, aren’t you going to visit Carlo? He is really doing good with the therapy….”

 

“Err… I ….”

 

Omo! I think I am really trapped now…

 

“Carlo?”

 

Mister Kwon looks at me with utmost curiosity.

 

“Wait a minute young man by any chance are you a celebrity or something? Because I noticed my staff here at the hospital seems to be in chaos when you two arrived…”

 

 

“Uhm…Doctor Lee, this is Mister Kwon Jiyong…the hottest idol at present so far…”

 

“Oh…yeah… I am sorry I could not recognize you right away… you look different in person…you look younger as a matter of fact…nice to meet you…”

 

They shook hands and I am glad that the topic about Carlo is gone…aigoo! Is it?

 

“Uhm, Doctor Lee… I am just curious…who is Carlo?”

 

I…knew…it….tsk

 

“Oh, Dara did not tell you about him?”

 

“Obviously, she keeps a lot of secrets Doctor Lee…”

 

Mister Kwon looks at me with his scorching eyes…urgh!

 

“He is Dara’s little brother.”

 

…and my secret is out…haisst!

 

 

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

To be continued!

 

 

LMAO! & Heartwarming Comments:

 

rochellejade23 x
do you miss me author-nim???kekekekekek


power HUG!!!  >>> i miss you all too kkk

 

 

bangsstory x
Kyaaaa~ Omomomo. I read the first chapter in YGL and I was surprised to find a lot of subsequent chapters here. *happy

Dear Ji and Dara,

The heart is still part of the body. :D

Sincerely,
Your fan  >>> waahh i feel you!

 

 

spicastellar: yaaaaaay!
finally Ji admit it! finally he said he's addicted to Dara!
*dancing around :D
@rhmJB596: they said you cant separate between your body and heart ;)  >>> True!!!

 

 

pinkandblue : This is really sad... Its heartbreaking... I want Jiyong to realize what Dara really means for him not only because of s** or something and I want Dara to be a stronger one. They are just moving around the circle. I know they are both hurting but the thing is they starting to feel something from one another but they don't want their guard down. Going around circles will make it more troublesome. I want them to go for there own happiness.. sigh... ;)  >>> I want it in real life though!

 

janellechloe20 : heartbroken! 3 i almost teared when i am reading this chapter. it really breaks my heart really deep! i felt that my heart just numbed and felt like crying, feeling so sad for jiyong. :'( afraid of falling in love and get hurt again :'( jiyong fall in love with dara already. hope dara can make jiyong falling love with no fears again. update soon!!! ^_^  >>> i know right?