Mister K

Money Found Love

 

 

 

 

Two years ago…

 

“Noona! Please…please…please…I really want to see him. Please…” Oh boy! My little brother is such a fan to this idol. He kept on dragging me towards the sea of frantic people waving and screaming as they await for he’s performance. It was a free concert. Yeah, Kwon Jiyong is very popular. His prominence is evident…for example, his huge posters endorsing various products are scattered everywhere…not to mention variety of CF’s being aired from time to time.  I also have listened to some of his songs but I am not really into his genre. Carl, my brother on the other hand adores him. He would mimic anything that idol wears he’s such a trend setter...an out of this world original style. However, I find him arrogant and snob… his kind is not my cup of tea.

 

“Noona…come on…”

 

“Alright…” I beam as I follow my eager brother reaching his destination near the stage. The stage is gigantic…set’s of musical instruments were positioned at the right side. The lights are place on each side being check by some crew at the moment. Huge sound systems are facing at the crowd who are now cheering eagerly for the show to start.

 

“Dara noona…here!!” Carl bounces to an empty spot and grab my plaid polo shirt.

 

“Ok…slow down Carl…”

 

“Great spot right noona?”

 

“Yup..” I stood behind him and places my arms around his neck… he looks up to me and showed me his cutest leer. I stick out my tongue to him and he giggled. Light sticks in sundry colors unanimously being wave as the people chants his name…my brother joins the chanting as well.  Tsk…unbelievable.. I grimace as I pull my eyes from the throng of fans and just concentrate at the stage. A couple more seconds and the drums roll…making the blaring squeal escalate to full blast…everyone was jumping, even some are bawling…Gosh! I just can’t understand this fandom thingy…

 

“Yeahhh!!!” I am flabbergast when Carl suddenly scream…Boy! He can scream…I shake my head and mess his jet-black hair. The lights suddenly turned off and a single spotlight is focusing at the stage…a man in white suit materialize at the center … creating a dramatic entrance…   

 

“Oppppaaaaa!!!”

 

I flinch when a sixteen or so female fan scream just right next to me…well actually she’s not the only one screaming…the whole stadium itself shriek. I cover my ears when the music starts because the screaming is just getting intense every minute…it even get worse when he starts to move with the beat and sing…however it is astounding to witness how one person can do that to hundred bunch of fans.

 

The show went on and the energy is still there. He was all sweaty and seems to be catching his breath once in awhile…he would just suddenly stop and let’s out a boyish smile to the crowd…then expect another wild screaming from the audience…tsk.  I can see though that he enjoys performing. A couple more of songs and finally  he’s down to his last performance. The lights dies after he finish singing…and I thank God that it’s finally over…but then the crowd were asking for more…it did not take the pleading long and the lights were up again and there he was with the crowd singing one of his famous song…running around playing and interacting up close with the fans.

 

“Hyung!!!” I heard Carl call out for him as he passes by our spot…he did not even stop to look at him… I don’t know what got into me…

 

“YAH! MY BROTHER WAS CALLING YOU!” I normally have the softest voice but he just got on my nerves. For a split second there he stop…he’s not singing at the moment … I assume it’s the instrumental part of the song…he glare at me…amidst the frantic screaming he moves slowly towards us. The girls around me jump and called out to him. I roll my eyes and pretend innocent…

 

“Opppaaa! Opppaaa! He’s coming this way!!! Oh my God!!!”

 

I snort and look the other way…

 

“N-noona… I think hyung is coming for  you…”

 

“What?” It was hard to hear Carl when you’re surrounded with squealing teenagers.

 

“Jiyong hyung is coming….!”

 

“I can’t hear you Carl….!”

 

Before I know it a firm hand grabs my arm… my free hand held on to my cap to keep it from falling because of the sudden force…screaming…shouting…chanting…jumping…all at once…and there he was…just staring down at me.

 

We just gawk at each other as sweat crawls down to his flushed face… Now what?... I thought…but then in split second his expression changes and looks down to my stun brother…he released me and mess Carlo’s hair…then starts to sing leaving our spot. What was that all about? Tsk, weird … I thought …

 

 

~0~

 

 

 

Present day…

 

 

I close my eyes wishing I am just hallucinating…that it was not Kwon Jiyong sitting at the foot of my bed…that I am not talking to him, that he’s not the man I had “S” with…that he’s somebody else…. NOT the Kwon! I want to convince myself that he’s just a striking resemblance of that snob idol…but…but...  dear calm down…he’s the real deal okay?.... Nooo! …. Yeesss…. Nooo!... Yeess… aish! Will you shut up? … fine, have it your way…but he’s really Kwon Jiyong dear… hmp!

 

“Miss Park you can’t avoid me even if you continue closing your eyes…”

 

Yeah, I know! I am not an idiot okay? Aish! What a brutal coincidence is this? Why it should be him?

 

“Now, can we talk about the new deal?”

 

I am not interested!!!

 

“Miss Park?”

 

“N-neh…”  oh brother

 

“Good. But I’d rather want you to open your eyes while we discuss this. It is no use avoiding me Miss Park because you’ve unveiled the mystery already…”

 

Defeated…embarrass…humiliated…frustrated…perturbed…with great abhorrence I slowly open my eyes… instantly blood crawls up to my cheeks heating it…tsk!

 

“That’s better…”

 

 

Remember dear you signed a three months deal with this person and you consummated three days still… just keep your nose down you vixen you! … fine… fine… just reminding you neh?  Grrr…

 

“Now about the new deal I have in mind…it was necessary to make a haste revision of our previous deal after that adverse collision… we had.”

 

Whatever… I wanted to roll my eyes…but stop myself at the last minute.

 

“Instead of three months I am going to cut it in one… I deduce you received already the partial payment… so I think that is more than enough right? I feel that if we prolong this agreement… some complications might arise…and I don’t want that. I have an image to protect Miss Park…and I can’t just gamble on that. Honestly, I do enjoy you being a pleasure giver…even though I am mostly doing the work…anyway it is better off this way…I believe you agree Miss Park?”

 

Eh? Cut the whole thing to a month? Good! …No!.... To protect his image? Good point!... No!!!.... Hmmm…this snob idol has some sense after all. Hmmm…I am so far liking the second deal he’s  offering. … No!!...

 

“Uhm…I…I agree Mr. K…”

 

“You agree?” He sounded unconvinced.

 

“Yes.”

 

He becomes silent lost in his own thoughts. I still could not make myself look at him straight in the eye so I busy myself staring at my own hands clasp at my lap… dearie you are being selfish don’t you think?... me? Selfish? Never! What are you talking about?... oh come on…you know the money is not enough for the therapy. Where do you think you’re gonna get the rest huh? … I – I could think of something else… really? And what if you can’t find a job soon? What if your selfishness compromises Carlo’s convalescence…can you handle that dear?... Yah! I just can’t work with him okay?!... tsk! What a petty reason to lay on the line your brother’s well being… Stop! … come on dear, take it back and negotiate… it’s obvious that he will consider if in case you want to… I bit my tongue to stop myself from fighting the vixen. Actually, as much as I hate to admit the vixen has a point. Carlo first before anything else…

 

“Uhm…” That’s it dear…set aside your personal aversion to him and think of Carlo neh?... aish! Just shut up ok? ….fine…

 

“Yes? You have something in mind Miss Park?”

 

“I…well…about what I said…”

 

“Yes?” His voice gave a hint of tease and victory…aish! I really loathe you Kwon Jiyong…I really wanted to spat this words to him.

 

“I…take it back…” There… I said it …

 

“Take back what?” Aish! Is he trying to test my limits here?

 

“T-take back agreeing with your offer…”

 

“Is that so…”

 

“You see…Mr. K….err…Sir…Jiyong  siii… I need the money so badly…”

 

“Oh? So it all boils down to the money neh?”

 

“Y-yes…”

 

“Hmmm, I am really intrigued why you badly need it Miss Park…to the point of giving in yourself…”

 

“I… don’t think that is of importance to you Mr. K… as long as I comply to my part of the deal there is nothing to be discussed about right…?”

 

“Oh…very fiery Miss Park…”

 

“Okay… I just need it and if you will reconsider … I promise you that I will never go beyond the deal I signed Mr. K… I will follow the rules and your conditions…” Forgetting my fury…putting my little brother first… I can do this… I can do this…chanting my mantra.

 

“It can’t be just the money Miss Park… hmmm… what is your scheme? I hope it is not making me fall for you right?” He’s mocking sneer at me.

 

Whaaat? The nerve! That is the most absurd thing I‘ve ever heard! He’s just too much! Grrr…With all my will I heaved a sigh and tried to keep calm…if I burst out now my chances of persuading him would be impossible.

 

“I am very much aware of the conditions Mr. K. In fact, I memorized it all and besides your type is not the kind of man I want to have a relationship with…” 

 

“My type? I am confused Miss Park…”

 

Darn it! Me and my big mouth!

 

“I …I mean… I prefer someone in my level… I am just being realistic Mr. K. Someone like you is unfeasible for people like us… a-and of course, you have your own taste right? I don’t think someone like you would ever take time to look and know someone l-like me…so, I am very confident that I would never fall for you… this “situation” is plainly a business deal…nothing more nothing less…”

 

“Interesting…and you are right Miss Park…this is just about lust for me and it is just about the money for you…that is fair enough.”

 

“S-so…you are reconsidering the first deal?”

 

With all my will I look straight to his deep brown eyes…my heart’s erratic beating is making me drowsy but I held on to keep me conscious. This is not the time to cave in to my cowardice… I need to keep up with him and hope he will accept it.

 

“I guess the only chance of making my vacation to spice a bit is to keep you for a while… I trust your words Miss Park…however, the moment you cross the line we are done! You got it  Sandara Park?”

 

I cringe hearing him said my name…it was really different…too weird…but really glad at the same… This is all for Carlo.

 

“Loud and clear Mr. K…” I heard a slight throaty chuckle came out from him as he touches his forehead…

 

“You are really entertaining Sandara…”

 

“Are we addressing each other by our first names now?”

 

“I would rather you address me as Jiyong siii even if we are in front with people … also I prefer to call you Dara… I am not really into formalities that much….”

 

“W-wait in front with people? What do you mean by that?” I don’t care how he calls me…it makes no difference anyway…but what does he mean about being in front with people?

 

“Oh, don’t get me wrong Dara. I am a celebrity…a very famous idol in fact…so I could not really attend to my busy schedules in time… although uncle Gio is doing really great at it, still I don’t want to over work him with his age…so I thought…”

 

I don’t think I am going to like what he’s about to say…but whatever it takes to keep me here for a while …then bring it on!

 

“…you’re going to replace uncle Gio for three months as my butler…well of course that includes also the pleasure giver  part… that is already a done deal…”

 

“Eh? Me? A butler?”  It made me blush when he mentioned about the pleasure-giver thingy but I force myself to ignore it  and  one more thing isn’t butlers are men only?

 

“Yup, you are going to be my butler Dara…” He smirks at me. Aish!

 

“Fine, I will do it.”

 

“Oh? Are you sure you can keep up?”

 

“Of course I can…”

 

“Well then, we are done with this discussion neh? You are really an interesting person Dara… ”

 

“Uh…”

 

My lips turn dry as he leisurely climbs up on my bed… instantaneously I curl my knees up to my chin to avoid him…he just gaze at me and grin… aigoo! I think I know what he’s thinking right now… he continues to advance closer making me shrink and be taken again with his scent….you are not the only one dear kkk…how am I not surprised? Hmp…

 

“So since were done talking…what should we do now… butler Dara?” Mr. K is too close  that I could feel his warm breath at my cheek…right away the coolness of the weather vanished and replaced with a stifling milieu.

 

“W-what do you mean Mr. K?”

 

“Hmm? Did I just make it clear to you that I am not really into formalities?” He eyed me…darn! Why can’t I look him in the eye?

 

“Err… y-yeah, I know…”

 

“Anyway, were you going out?”

 

“Ha?” He lolled beside me placing his two hands behind his head and he gawps at me… I quickly withdraw mine as I met his eyes…

 

“You were heading out when we bump to each other right?”

 

“Oh…yeah…” Carlo…aish! I forgot about him… I need to be there or else he would wonder where I am all this time.

 

“So, where are you going?”

 

“Uhm…out…”

 

“Where?”

 

“To…hey, wait a minute Mr. … err… J-jiyong siii, I don’t think I owe to tell you everything where I am going. The rules did not include sharing with you my personal matters…right?”

 

“Yeah, you are right…” He stretches his body and closes his eyes as if nothing happened… Now what? I am really starting to freak out here… I need to be with Carlo …but what am I supposed to do with this full-of-himself-idol?

 

“Err…do we still have something to discuss Jiyong siii?”

 

I waited for his response but he just stays silent… Grrr! What is he trying to do now?

 

“Y-you…see… I have to go somewhere…” I glanced at him…still no reaction… is he deliberately ignoring me? Did he doze off…? Naah! That is ridiculous no one can fall asleep that fast…

 

“I am going now…”  I continue to speak even though I know it is useless to get a response from him…he must be the kind of person who thinks of himself only and does not care about the feelings of the people around him…still I waited for his reaction…nothing.

 

With a pout pasted on my face, I ease myself carefully from the bed…avoiding as much as possible to have a physical contact with him… I flushed…what is the heck about avoiding any physical contact when we have already done the “S” thing more than once… tsk!

 

“Hey…”

 

“Eh?” He sounded sleepy…he really did fall asleep? You’ve got to be kidding!

 

“Sta..y…”

 

His sudden change caught me by surprise. Where is that intimidating slash mocking Kwon Jiyong? However, he seems to be really exhausted... Is being the most popular idol in the country that grueling? Having all the attention and fame?… I just don’t get it…

 

“Uhm… I can’t… This is one of my privileges right?” He did not reply and lazily closes his eyes again …he’s worn-out. He definitely needs the two days vacation to rest… I managed to reach the edge of the bed…but he grabs my wrist before I can even stand up… I turn to him and his eyes are still close but his hand is clutching mine under the covers…for a moment I thought he was not going to let go of me…but he did before I can even react…and he turns to his side…his back facing me… eh? What an intricate personality…I figured and close the door behind me.

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

He shifts his body and lay face up after hearing the door close. Staring at the ceiling, he curses silently. What was he thinking? After awhile, he took his phone and dialed a number…

 

“Oppa…” An excited voice answers his call after two rings.

 

“Hey…what’s up?”

 

“Not much…how about you?”

“Bored…”

 

“You want to come here?”

 

“You’re not busy?”

 

“As a matter of fact I am but I can always have time for you oppa…”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Of course I am…”

 

“Alright…be there in twenty minutes…”

 

“Okay…drive safely oppa!”

 

He turns off the phone and stared back at the blank ceiling…he sigh and pull his tired body up to the front door…he really feel very tired today….

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

“Noona!!!”

 

“Carlo…how are you?” I place the bag of fruit I brought at his side table and kiss his forehead as I settled to sit beside his bed.

 

“I can move my right hand now Dara noona…”

 

“Aw…that is really great…”

 

“Noona…?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Are you going to stay here tonight?”

 

“Omo... my job is…well I am assigned at night shift …sorry Carl…” Darn! I really feel so guilty lying to him.

 

“Okay, I understand noona…”

 

I spend six hours in the hospital totally forgetting about Kwon Jiyong….

 

=0=

 

 

 

 

He returns after four hours and went straight to her room only to find it empty.

 

“Where the hell is she?”

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

 

To be continued...

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Thank you for reading... please comment and subscribe :)