Multifaceted Friend

Money Found Love

 

 

 

 

 

YGE, the letters shimmer under the sunlight as I drove the car inside the parking area.  This is the first time I saw the building up close and personal. I have heard gossips from my previous colleagues how fabulous it looks like. Now I know why…

 

 

“Find it interesting huh?”

 

 

I glance to my side. He is wearing dark fitted jeans, tartan polo shirt and a black Tee under it. I am not use to seeing him wearing casual clothes, for me he looks normal this way…reachable… a commoner just like me.

 

 

“Yeah…”

 

 

“I started my career here at YGE, hyung treated me so well that everything I have now it’s all because of him.”

 

 

He added. I just nod blankly. I am mortified to admit that I have little information regarding the world of entertainment especially with him. I never held interest with it. I was too busy minding my own life.

 

 

He looks at me as if he is waiting for me to say something. What should I say?

 

 

“Uhm, should we get out from the car now Mister Kwon?”

 

 

Since the time he declared to me that he wanted us to be friends I took the liberty to address him Mister Kwon. I feel it is more apposite than Jiyong siii. As much as possible I want to put a certain gap between us to keep me reminded of who I am and make me remember my limitations in this unconventional ‘relationship’ I am in.

 

 

He stares at me for a while and sighs.

 

 

“Okay…”

 

 

He unfastens his seatbelt and open the door then stopped. He looks back at me with his questioning eyes when I did not move and just stayed at the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

“I will just wait here Mister Kwon.” 

 

 

I told him. A crease forms on his forehead as he closes the door again. He leans to me and undo my seatbelt.

 

 

“You are coming with me Miss Park…”

 

 

He looks at me in the eye and gave me a light peck on my lips before he got out from the car.

 

 

Urgh! What am I going to do with you Mister Kwon!

 

 

Clutching his planner on my chest, I follow his confident-Jiyong-walk inside the corridors of YGE. I really don’t want to be here but how can I elude from his persistence? He is the Kwon after all… tsk!

 

 

 

I think everybody knows him. Darn! How could he have the energy to greet all of them with the same enthusiasm? Really his years of experience in this line of work comes in very handy.

 

 

“Jiyong ah!”

 

 

“Hyung!”

 

 

I may be naïve with all of these but I definitely recognize the smiling tall man approaching us across the hallway. He is YG, the CEO of YGE.  He hugged Jiyong and at the same time glances down to me. I almost freak out. His aura is intimidating.

 

 

“And who do we have here?”

 

 

“Ah, she is my replacement butler hyung since uncle Gio is having his vacation for the first time after so many years …”

 

 

Mister Kwon introduced me to him. A pang of pain hit me. He introduced me as his butler…not as his  friend… What am I expecting?

 

 

“Hello Mister Yang, I am…Butler Dara, a temporary replacement of uncle Gio. I am honored to meet you…sir.”

 

 

I bow and he gave me a smile. Mister Kwon is staring at me when I raise my head up. I can’t read what he’s thinking.

 

 

“So, Jiyong ah…what did I do to have this rare visits of yours?”

 

 

His eyes reluctantly left me and faces the CEO.

 

 

“I came here to discuss something with you hyung…”

 

 

They are conspicuously close.

 

 

“Of course, let’s go to my office…”  He places his arms on Mister Kwon’s shoulder and leads him back to where we saw him.

 

 

I am hesitant to join them. I believe Mister Kwon is going to confer something private to Mister Yang and my presence there is unwanted.

 

 

“Dara?”

 

 

I heard him calling my name.

 

 

“Neh, Mister Kwon?”

 

 

“Just wait for me here okay?”

 

 

“Yes…”

 

 

*sigh… I told him I was going to wait at the car but he drags me to accompany him only to be left here anyway.

 

 

I decided to amble and just busy myself looking at the frames hanged on the wall. These are YGE artists from their humble beginnings to their present status.

 

 

As I move from frame to frame, one huge frame of mosaic pictures hanged at the wall just in front the elevator stands out from the rest.

 

 

I sift through the medley of tiny pictures trying to remember the names of the faces I might recognize though I know it would be impossible when something caught my eye.

 

 

In the bottom-right-portion of the frame was a picture of Mister Kwon and Jina. He is sitting cheerfully smiling at the camera holding a guitar while Jina is behind him, her hands wrap around his neck as she smiles too. Their cheeks pressed to each other.

 

 

Aish!

 

 

The pain that surged inside made my guts churn.

 

 

“You like it?”

 

 

“H-huh?”

 

 

As if making everything worst… there she was, towering over me with her stilettos. She looked very elegant as always.

 

 

“Hello…you really look familiar…?”

 

 

Her voice is so sweet and soft.

 

 

“I….”

 

 

“Oh yeah, you are  Jiyong’s butler right?”

 

 

“Neh.”

 

 

“Mianhe, I am not really good in memorizing faces. Uhm, were you staring at this picture just now?”

 

 

She pointed at the photo I suddenly wished did not lay my eyes on it because it will be forever imprinted inside my head.

 

 

“This was taken four years ago…we were goofing around when all of a sudden someone shouted smile to the camera and these what came out. It looks awesome isn’t it?”

 

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

 

“Oppa is very child-like. He always makes fun of me and he’s always there for me.”

 

 

I swallow a big lump trying to keep a poker face in front of her. They were so close after all.

 

 

“I miss his playfulness…”

 

 

Her voice trailed as if she is reminiscing something. Must be memories they had together. Aish!

 

 

“Oh by the way, where is he now?”

 

 

She looks at me and her excitement is overflowing.

 

 

“Uhm, Mister Kwon is with the CEO…”

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

Eagerly she marched towards her father’s office and just left me… I glance at the image again with the two happy people in the photo…why am I hurting?

 

 

 

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

 

 

“Dara!”

 

 

 Top? I could easily recognize his voice. He just got out from the elevator when I turn around.

 

 

“Hey…”

 

 

“You are here…” He said to me and smiled. I am comfortable around him now.

 

 

“Yeah…” I smiled.

 

 

“You came here with Jiyong?”

 

 

“Yeah…he’s with the CEO right now.”

 

 

“Oh…so, you were just waiting for him here?”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Tsk, that old leader of ours is really oblivious sometimes. Anyhow, come with me let’s have a snack down at the cafeteria…”

 

 

“Eh? But Mister Kwon told me to wait here…”

 

 

“Nahh…he won’t mind…come!”He grabs my wrist and pulls me inside the elevator.

 

 

Top is a very funny man. I think I can see some Flowsik personality in him. However, I am little bit worried if Jiyong finds me here with him but on the other hand I am glad that he drags me here at the cafeteria. It made me forget for a while the hurt I was trying to curb deep inside me a few minutes ago..

 

 

My stomach is already aching while I laugh my heart out with his misfortunes during his performances in their Bigbang days. I never knew they had a bunch of unfortunate events during their concerts.

 

 

“There you are…”

 

 

My body instantly stiffened recognizing that cold voice...the displeased tone of the multifaceted Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

“Jiyong ah…you found us neh?”

 

 

He sat beside me…grabbing my hand on my lap. He squeezes it tightly that my body became rigid forcing myself not to make Top notice what was going on under the table.

 

 

 

“I see … the two of you is having a good time here…neh?”

 

 

He said it casually but I could just sense his growing anger. Heck! I could even smell it.

 

 

“Yeah!”

 

 

Top is really oblivious… Thank God!

 

 

“Am I disturbing you?”

 

 

“Eh? Of course not Jiyong ah, why would you say that? We were just having fun that’s all. Hehe…I like hearing Dara’s laugh.”

 

 

Aigoo! Top siii…please don’t push it anymore I might end up having concussions here…huhu.

 

 

“Ah… I see…”

 

 

“Anyway, since you are here now Jiyong ah… I guess I can go and see Sajangnim neh?”

 

 

“Yeah, he is actually expecting you.”

 

 

“I know…so Dara, some other time again okay?” Top winks at me… Oh my!

 

 

His grasp tightens.

 

 

“O-okay, and thanks for the treat Top siii…”

 

 

However, it did not stop me to acknowledge Top siii’s kindness to me.

 

 

“It is always my pleasure Dara…”

 

 

With that, Top siii leaves the table leaving me alone with Jiyong the lion…huhu…I am expecting his wrath to bestow on me anytime soon…haaist!

 

 

 

 

 

=0=

 

 

 

Author’s note:

 

 

Snatched two-hours of free time, kkk. Thank you for your comments! I love it!