Butler Dara

Money Found Love

 

 

I left at around ten in the morning and now it is already past four…wow! It is amazing how the time flies. Watching my little brother having pink cheeks again just made my day. I am really glad that Carl is doing great. His wounds are healing and the bruises are paler than the last time I saw it. I thank the attending nurse, Jane. She is taking good care of my little brother. I won’t feel too worried anymore if I can’t visit him more often because of my additional work. I sigh…the sky is a bit darker…I hug myself as I rest my head at the bus’ window. We stop as the traffic starts building up.  Eh? I frown seeing one of the full-of-himself-idol’s large posters. He’s endorsing Adidas collections…he gazes at the camera smugly pulling one side of the jacket’s collar and bit his lower lip.

 

“Jiyong oppaaaa…”

 

I raise my eyebrow hearing some giggling fans behind my seat. I shake my head and stared back at his large motionless deep brown eyes gaping back at me…if they only knew how conceited Kwon Jiyong could be… tsk! I roll my eyes and look straight ahead.

 

 

A butler… isn’t that what Mr.Gio has been doing for him? Hmm… I should ask uncle for some tips about his job. I have no idea where to start…but it does not matter. What is more important is that I can provide for Carl’s therapy. Three months will be over before I know it and I can finally go back to my real world…with no high and mighty idol to deal with.

 

I stop the bus two blocks from Jiyong’s private street. Oh yes…he has nothing to do with his money so he bought that part of the street for his own privacy. Although the elites living in that part of the city were allowed to use it. Four guards in wrinkle free uniforms and shiny polished boots is assigned at the gate.

 

“Miss Park…” One of the guards said at the speaker as he recognizes me from his monitor set on his table. I flash my gold plated entry card Mr.Gio gave to me and the steel gates open. I really find this kind of security is too much. This is a sign of paranoia.

 

“I am going to call the Star to send a car for you here…”

 

“Oh no… I prefer walking uncle…”

 

“Are you sure?” His hand is still in the phone’s cradle.

 

“Yes…thanks uncle…” And I start walking towards the Star…his house’ official code in this elite village. It is an under statement if I call these gigantic structures as houses. Their bathroom is four times larger than the one I rented back then.

 

 

I leisurely took my time admiring the architecture, the landscapes and the convoluted designs.  I really wonder who else lives here. You can’t just deny that these houses are owned by prominent families…the only one’s who can afford. I shake my head and sigh…

 

Star is the last structure from the array of mansions. It stood proud and towering from the others. Holy cow! He’s really very rich! The first time after three days, I take notice of its enormity.  I stop in front of the ten feet gate…tsk, one paranoid idol… I smirk before I let myself in.

 

Mr.Gio meet me at the front door… he’s not wearing his usual formal suit. He looks relax and carefree but his eyes showed concern. Is it for me? Or for his paranoid young boss…

 

“Miss Park…” He sounded relieved.

 

“Mr.Gio…”

 

“Where have you been?”

 

“Eh? I went to…err…for a walk…why?”

 

“Well, you need to dress up now.”

 

“Dress up? Why?”

 

“He’s going out and you need to accompany him…”

 

“What?”

 

“Come on Miss Park…you don’t want to lose his temper right?”

 

“N-neh…” I am really confuse right now.

 

“Then go straight to your room and change quick. Your suit is prepared for you there…”

 

“What? My suit…?”But he did not give me any answer. Instead he pushes me towards my room. He looks very cautious as we got inside the house.

 

 

Three minutes later, I am wearing my suit…the female version of Mr.Gio’s butler suit…ha-ha. My hair is tied up neatly in a bun. My shoes black and polished.

 

“Mr.Gio, what exactly a butler does?”  I finally managed to ask him. I am now standing at the front door waiting for that paranoid idol.

 

 

“You do what Jiyong wants of you to do. Check and monitor his schedules. Remind him of his appointments. Prepare the things he needed. You will be his typical hands, ears and eyes.”

 

“A puppet…”

 

“Eh?” Mr.Gio gazes at me.

 

“I am a butler, a puppet and a plea…..eherm…. so, that’s it?” I look away to hide my cheeks turning scarlet red. Mr.Gio grins and nods.  “Ah … I think I can handle that…”

 

“Are you sure Miss. Park?”

 

“Neh…!”

 

“Ok. This is really getting over board…” He mumbles to no particular person.

 

“Mr. Gio?”

 

“Miss Park just be extremely patient with him okay?”

 

“You don’t have to tell me about patience Mr.Gio because I am sworn to be the ultimate patient person in this three months deal with him.”  I give him an assuring smile and his worried face lightens.

 

“Thank you. Miss Park.”

 

“No, problem Mr. Gio.”

 

“Call me uncle…”

 

“O-okay.” I would love that.

 

The idol’s heavy footsteps descending the stairs ended our conversation. The suit made me look stiff but I can live with it. And there he was, in his subdued yet very attractive suit. It was simple but elegant. Hmm… I realize he can also look like a normal person if he wants to. .. dear…  what? I hissed…you need to close your mouth if you don’t want flies coming in and out in there kkk… aish!

 

“Ready to leave now, Jiyong?”  Uncle Gio’s voice drops a notch as he speaks to him…wow!

 

“Neh…” He answers him and did not even glance at me as he passes by. Uncle pushes me to follow him and I did. I followed him like a baby penguin to his father, my eyes down to my shiny shimmering shoes… I wonder what is it like to be in a gathering… I never had been in one ever… this is my first time…and I can’t deny that I am both excited and worried.

 

“Ugh!” My head hit his hard back.

 

“Watch it!”  He yells at me. I was caught off guard and steps back. His eyes are blazing while gawking at me…crap! What is wrong with him?

 

“S-sorry…” Patience Dara…patience….Aigoo! Looks like my mantra changes. I watch him took the driver’s seat…and I wonder what should I do… I reach for the door behind him.

 

“Yah! I am not your driver… you sit here next to me…”

 

“Errr…y-yeah…” I run to the other side and hop in.

 

“Seat belts..” He said coldly without even looking at me.

 

“Oh, okay…” Grrr…I hate it when I tremble. The belt snaps out from my grasp.

 

“Tsk! Let me…” He mutter and turn to face me, reach the belt at my right side and I stiffen as I inhaled his heavenly scent…darn! I am just really lucky that he did not notice it and starts the engine after I am settled…He did not speak to me again after that.

 

 

I imagined a gigantic hall with huge chandeliers and Mozart pieces playing in the background. Guests dressed in gowns and in tuxedo. My excitement dies when we finally reach our destination. It was an exclusive resort.

 

The arc at the front gate says Daragon Resort…what a weird choice of name… Who could have afford this kind of place? Must be someone he’s close to. We passed by to some expensive cars piled up at the right side of the entrance…it looks like a car show of expensive models for me. I doubt if we can still find a place to park here since I surmise we arrived late. However, he’s got his own spot reserved… wah! He’s really something…that made me think. He’s only 26 years and look how far his come…while I am almost 27 and here I am stuck in a butler’s suit.

 

“Mr. Kwon, you’re finally here!” A very slim female with wavy hair reaching her waist meet him. She’s holding a glass of wine…and she really looks gorgeous.

 

“Happy Birthday Yoona…” He kisses her cheek and hand her his gift…

 

“Aw…thanks Jiyong ah…you are so thoughtful…you even let me use your place to celebrate my birthday for free…”

 

 

“I want my friends to be happy in their natal day…this is nothing Yoona…”

 

“I know…come let’s join everybody. They are waiting for you there…”

 

“Okay…” And they climb up the five steps stairs smiling.

 

Oh boy! I am so out of place here…and yeah, I finally recognize her…she’s one of the girl group SNSD. I have no idea that they are friends… I followed the two,  arms are still wrap in each other’s waist. They were fondly chatting while heading to the next door. I could hear laughing, talking and splashing…eh? Is this a pool birthday party? Wow! I look at him relaxed and sneering with Yoona. He’s in good mood again…gaah! He’s so unpredictable.

 

I heard everybody welcome him when the two finally showed in the crowd. He’s really loved and very popular even with other idols. However, I am not very familiar with these artists because my life evolved in juggling five jobs at the same time for us to survive. They are really lucky.  My confidence finally dried out and realized I don’t belong there. I stayed behind and watch him from a distance as he starts to mingle with the others… I guess he won’t mind if I stay away and just wait outside. I decided to wander around while waiting for him.

 

The place is not just big but beautiful…Amazing…he really owns this place? Dang! I would never get used of his richness. He is just too much for a simple person like me. I bet he could afford anything…

 

Still admiring the place I continue to saunter at the opposite side of the resort…and I am delighted to see a swing… gosh! I miss my childhood days…when my father was still alive…he used to bring me at the mini playground near our home and he lets me play  with the swing all afternoon. I really missed that. A tear crawl down from my cheek… I am always this emotional when it comes to my father.

 

“Here…”

 

“Eh?” I was startled when someone handed me a hanky. I look up at the owner’s hand and he’s quite tall. His hair is oddly colored blue… I know I have seen this guy before.

 

“I thought you need that…” He said to me with a shy smile pasted in his face.

 

“Oh…err…t-thanks.”

 

“Why are you here?” He said after.

 

“Me? Well… I don’t belong there…that is why I am here.” Hmmm…I really can’t just put my finger of where did I see him.

 

“Ah…by the way I saw you came with Jiyong…”

 

“Yes… I am with him.” He looks at me puzzled… “…err, I am his butler.”

 

“What? You are his butler? Where is uncle Gio?”

 

“Oh…his having his vacation..”

 

“Ah, I see…” I saw him smirk. “What is so funny?” I frown.

 

“Mianhe, I just can’t imagine you as Jiyong’s butler that’s all…”

 

“Well, I am…”

 

“I guess you really are…ha-ha..”

 

“Aren’t you’re going to join your friends?”

 

“I will…in a while…”

 

“Uhm…can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure…”

 

“Are you a member of a group Bigbang before?”

 

“Why…yeah… I am flattered you still remember that after we disbanded three years ago…”

 

“I knew it! You are Top right?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“I can’t believe I am standing here next to you having a casual conversation while I could remember that they are shouting your group’s name like crazy…kkk.”

 

“They?”

 

“Yeah, your fans.”

 

“My…fans… you’re not one of them?”

 

“Oh no..no… I am not into those kinds of thing. Don’t get me wrong Mr.Choi but I was busy finding a job at that time.”

 

“Really… I have never met a person like you before. You are very interesting Miss…?”

 

“Sandara…Sandara Park.”

 

“Oh, I am very pleased to meet you Sandara…Sandara Park…” I smiled back to him I know he is just making me feel at ease with his company which I am by the way. He is much better with Kwon Jiyong. Who is very bossy and unpredictable…

  

“Dara!”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Oh, Jiyong ah…”

 

“Top hyung…why…why are you here?” His dark eyes darted towards me. Oh brother! He’s angry again… I wonder what is wrong now?

 

“Well, I can’t let this cute little thing here be alone by herself…”

 

“Oh…uhm, they are looking for you hyung.” His eyes looked blazing from its sockets… aigoo!  Top turn to face me and grab my hand bringing it up to his soft lips…eh???

 

“So… Miss Sandara Park till we meet again…” And he left me with the possessed by-the nine tailed fox – Kwon Jiyong…

 

“What was that all about?” His voice sounded deathly…tsk.

 

“Errr… nothing.”

 

“Nothing?”

 

“Yeah…nothing.”

 

He approach me and I could smell the liquor he must have drunk combined with his heavenly scent when he’s about two feet away from me…

 

“Do you really want to die now Sandara Park?”

 

“What?” Now that is just too weird. Why would he say that?

 

“Remember… you have a three months deal with me… you are my butler and you are just to obey me… I don’t want you chatting around with anyone behind my back…are we clear?”

 

“Fine…” I sigh. I can’t argue with a drunk man anyway. It is going to be useless.

 

“Because of your behavior just now… I will punish you…”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Come!”

 

He grabs my wrist and drags me away from the party…towards the dark corridors at the adjacent cottage…. Wah! What is gonna happen now? And what is with punishing me? I did not do anything…omona!

 

 

 

 

 

=0=

 

To be continued….

 

 

 

Please: Like, Tweet and subscribe…

Thank you guys for reading.

Keep in touch!