The Truth

Money Found Love

 

 

 

He watched her driving like a hawk while sitting at the backseat. He wanted to ask her a lot of questions but he does not know where to start. Was she aware about last night? But how can he blatantly ask that? Maybe she was asleep when he carelessly slacken off his guard. I really hope so. He hated himself for opening suddenly. It is not like him at all.

 

 

***

 

 

He regretted leaving Dara with Seungri.

 

“Oppa?”

 

Jina is sitting next to him. They were having coffee at the nearby coffee shop a few blocks from YGE. He sips his coffee and stares at the woman who almost made him fall for her after what Yuri did. She was there for him and he was there for her. Both of them were suffering and they find solace with each other. But he was not ready to go into a relationship again. He needed to mend his broken heart for him to be able to trust again…and fall in love.

 

“Something bothering you Jina?”

 

The woman gawks at him as if weighing the depths of his eagerness to listen to her, like he would always do. However, she cannot find the Jiyong she knew for almost twenty years now. He is different. Something was not right and it bothered her. She knew he was broken like she was when Taeyang betrayed her. She understood him when he escaped the possibility of them being together after perfidy. She was also aware that he was starting to trust again, especially with her but the person in front of her now is not the same person anymore. What happened to you oppa? She asks herself. This made her anxious.

 

“I should be the one asking you oppa. I noticed you are not yourself this past few days. What is wrong?”

 

He glanced to her and cursed silently. How could she know that? It is true that he is troubled that he left Dara with Seungri. He worries for her. Aish! And I am with Jina!

 

“Tired, I guess…”

 

Jiyong could not think of anything to reason out. He is confused himself too. Jina blinked. Since when her oppa was tired when they are together. He even remembered him saying that when she is around he’s exhaustion disappears. So why now?

 

“Tired? Oppa?”

 

She cannot believe it that she had to repeat what he said. Jiyong finally realizing what he just said cursed silently.

 

“So how’s your day Jina?”

 

Evading the tension growing between them he pushed away his apprehensions and smiled to her like he always does.

 

Jina forced herself to calm down. This invisible gap never happened to them. She could not see in his eyes the fervor he usually shows, instead an overwhelming uncertainty is screaming out loud from him. Nevertheless, she kept it inside her until she is finally sure about it. Until then, she is going to enjoy his company.

 

He knew Jina must have perceived his perplexity. However, he is thankful that she did not push it any further or he might be hurting her unintentionally.

 

They left the coffee shop around three in the afternoon and drove Jina back to YGE. The latter wanted him to stay a little longer but he lied that he still have some things to do. He cannot fathom himself why he is too eager to go home.

 

The house was empty and there was no sign of Dara. He checked her room, even all the possible places Dara might be in his house, nothing. He is getting frantic that he took his keys and went out to look for her. She called her phone, only to hear it ringing and was suddenly turned off. He dialed her number again… Aish!... it was out of reach.  He tried calling Seungri’s phone but it was unattended too.

 

Seungri! I am going to strangle you!

 

Unsuccessful of finding her, he finally decided to drive back home. Just to make sure, he checked her room again, and the heavy weight that he was carrying inside him was instantly lifted when he saw her small frame lying on her side, with her back facing the door. He heaved a deep breathe and rest his back at the wall. He suddenly felt so tired and relieved.

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Dara…”

 

“Neh?”

 

Their eyes met and she shyly withdraw her eyes  and focuses at the road. She can’t possibly hear me last night.  He wanted to convince himself but he has this gut feeling that she might be aware somehow. That is why since this morning he observed her actions for any signs about last night but there was none at all.  I must be getting too paranoid.

 

“I…I…” He found himself stuttering. Aish!

 

“Mister Kwon are you alright?”

 

 

He cannot be like this. He thought. She is only his butler for Pete’s sake! Why should he be too nervous around her?

 

 

“Well, I was just wondering….well, I did not see you come home last night.”

 

“Oh, I think it was past seven thirty already Mister Kwon.”

 

“Ah…so…you … I mean…”

 

 

Aish! Quit stuttering. Come on!

 

 

“Yes? Mister Kwon?”

 

“Uh…nothing. Just keep your eyes at the road Dara…”

 

Darn!  He thought. Never did he think that he will become speechless in front of a woman, worse for someone like her…a butler and pleasure giver…Dara.

 

 

The East Gate Tower Hotel is where he is scheduled to meet with some YGE associates.

 

“I think we are early Mister Kwon…”

 

He heard her said. However, his thoughts drifted somewhere else.  Not with the meeting, something else.  Is it because of you Dara?

 

“I know…”

 

Before he knew it he answered his own question loudly. Curiosity sparks on her eyes that he does not want to let her think about it. 

 

“Dara…?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Start the car…”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Drive…”

 

“What? But your…”

 

“Just drive!”

 

And she followed him drove away from the hotel making him feel obtuse of what he just did. He fishes his phone and calls his hyung. He know this is something he would never do but he did it now for the first time.

 

 

=O=

 

 

 

 

He looks at me with his usual inquiring eyes. I hate it when he does that. It makes me feel uneasy specially now that I am trapped and I could no longer hide my brother from him. My only reason from keeping Carlo from all of this is to spare him from the extreme decisions I made for his sake. I do not want him to blame himself that I have sorted to this extent in order to support his therapy. For sure, he won’t like it. I am completely and absolutely doomed.

 

“Dara, are you alright?”

 

Doctor Lee brought me back from my reverie. I forced a smile to him. Darn! I must have looked like a loony now. Just like a mouse caught in a trap trying to free itself, but the more it moves the tighter it gets. Sadly… Mister Kwon is the trap and I am the mouse.

 

“I…am fine…”

 

Doctor Lee and I both glance at Mister Kwon when he excused himself after hearing his phone ring. However, I caught his glare at me as if warning me that he needs an explanation later. Oh brother!  I watch him as he turns his back from us trying to hide the conversation. He suddenly looks disturb as he peered at the door where the screaming fans are waiting. Oh no! Is he in trouble? He s his shirt and combs his hair with his fingers…Omo! He is in trouble.  Concern flowed inside me.

 

“Dara, how did you know each other?”

 

“Eh?” I totally forgot about Doctor Lee’s presence. Darn it!

 

“I am…his temporary butler. Mister Gio, his butler, is still on vacation.”

 

“A butler?”

“Yes, I need to work my Doctor for Carlo.”

 

“I see…”

 

“But please, do not tell him about this until I do neh?”

 

“Of course, but I cannot assure you that Carlo won’t know this…” He looks at the keyed up nurses outside the room. I sigh. It is going to be tough. I need to tell my brother first before they do.

 

“I understand…” I forlornly agree.

 

“Where were we?”  Mister Kwon came back as he put inside the phone to his pocket. I look at him worriedly. Who was the caller? What was it all about? I really wanted to ask him this but I need to hold myself back.

 

“Uhm, I need to excuse myself and calm my staff outside or our patients will be disturbed.” Doctor Lee left me with Mister Kwon unfortunately, and I am left to face his scrutiny and prepare myself of what he will do next. Mister Kwon silently stood beside my bed and seems to be waiting for me to start talking but how am I suppose to start it when I know he has something on his shoulders now? I am more concern about that call. However, I could not see any anxiety in his eyes.

 

“Mister Kwon, are you in trouble?”

 

“You are…if you are not going to explain about your brother Carlo.” His intense glare wanted me to crawl under the bed and hide. Aish! A threatening scandal is about to blow up the tabloids tomorrow and it is about the hottest idol with a nobody  a.k.a ME! is seen on his arms entering a hospital?…and still he cares about knowing Carlo?

 

“T-that can wait. I want to know if you are in trouble, is it because of this?”

 

“I am waiting Dara…” Aish! What a stubborn idol!

 

“Uhm, you see Mister Kwon….err…” I heaved a sigh and was about to start confessing to him when his phone rings again. He gave me “ a one moment sign” and answers his phone. Omo! How long am I going to be tortured?

 

“They are out already? That fast?” He looks at me and turns away…Oh no! What is out? Is it the scene earlier reached the media already? Omo! The wonders of modern technology can do…in a split second, it could reach the whole world. No, things like that should not reach to that point. Mister Kwon;s popularity will be affected. “Really…” I heard him answered after a long pause. He sounded relieved. “Thank you hyung…” So the caller was the CEO of YGE himself.

 

“Mister Kwon what was that all about?” I really wanted to know what was happening. He looks at me and eh? Did I just catch a hint of humor on his face? Or it was just my imagination…

 

“Rumors spread rapidly at the internet that I brought my secret girlfriend at a hospital because of some assumptions that she might be pregnant.”

 

“Ehhhh?” What? With that ten seconds they saw us that kind of rumor already is circling around? Aigoo!

 

“But, the expert IT’s of YGE blocked all uploaded blogs, videos and pictures before a user can even view it. So, it was all thanks to hyung…”

 

“They can do that?”

 

“You can’t imagine what they can do Dara when it comes to this kind of technology. They are the expert amongst the experts…” Then he stopped realizing that I am avoiding the original topic that we had before the call. Aigo! “Yah! Are you trying to evade my question Dara?”

 

“A-anii…”

 

“Good, now speak up!”

 

“Carlo is the only family I have…” I started and glance at him. He did not flinch a bit, his eyes overwrought waiting for me to continue. This is really it…tsk! “…he was severely injured and needed therapy for him to walk normally again. That time I was desperate, I need to find money for him to be able to have the treatment. I was losing hope when…” I pause and look at him again. His eyes narrowed as if he already guessed what I am going to say. “…when I found your add. I thought then I won’t get the job since I was the last to submit my resume and there were a lot of applicants waiting ahead of me but still I gave it a try. Before I knew it, I was hired and here I am now.” I breathe in air as if a heavy load that I have been carrying for quite some time now is finally lifted.

 

It really bothered me when he just stood there as if processing in his head what I just revealed. I do not know how is he going to take it but I have no choice anymore.  But his silence is just not what I expected. I am already prepared for his usual nagging and volatile personality…but this?

 

“I…I am sorry Mister Kwon.”  I stared at my sweating palms and waited for his explosion.

 

“You lied?” His voice is calm and cold, that scared me more.

 

“I…really did not mean to…”

 

“You lied to us Dara?” Oh boy!

 

“I badly need the job Mister Kwon…”

 

His eyes are shadowed with confusion and pain. I do not know how am I going to interpret it. Should I be happy or feel sad… I just cannot tell what he is thinking.

 

“M-Mister Kwon…”

 

“Dara…”  Omo! Is that pain I can see in his eyes?  He reached for my shoulder and pulls me towards him. he hugged me tightly that I am left perplexed of what he just did. “…why are you making this so difficult huh?” What is he trying to say? My heart drummed inside my chest that I think I held my breath as I waited for him to speak again. “…This is not right…” What? What is not right? Oh my God! Is he going to fire me?

 

“Mister Kwon…” He lightly push my back against him  and I felt my body crashing to his hard frame. Why does this feel like goodbye…oh no! Please no Mister Kwon!

 

“How could I ….”  His voice filled with agony that I cannot help my tears to crawl out from my eyes. The trepidation that I feel now is astounding that I feel my body weakens against his tight embrace. I do not want yet to leave him… I have not  yet made beautiful memories with him. “…How could I be so dense? How could I let someone like you played me? How could I let this all happen?”

 

“Mister Kwon…please, I wanted this but not to tricked you…” I can hear myself sobbing. I am becoming desperate not to leave his side….yet…

 

However, he released me from his tight hold and quickly felt the longing of his warmth on my body. He turns his back from me and called someone from his phone. I waited for him as he seems to be giving instructions to someone at the other line. My heart is bleeding as if my only chance to be with him is slowly slipping away.

 

He turns to me when he is done with the conversation. “Mister Gio will drive you home I already gave him instructions what he needed to do.  You stay and wait for him.” He turns away without even looking at me.

 

“Mister….Kwon….?”

 

“I feel sorry for what I did Miss Park...but I feel really bad that this have to happen...” He stopped and said before opening the door. As soon as he got out, the swarming fans waiting for him outside screams his name and flashes of camera reflected from the glass door as it closes.

 

The screams are fading as the seconds pass by...I just stayed still at the edge of the bed.

 

I could feel my heart bursting inside me. I want to wake up from this nightmare. How could everything just suddenly stops here? I cannot let this from happening…

 

No!

 

 

 

=o=

 

 

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

 

Aigoo! Sorry for the delay guys… I have tons of work  TT_TT

But Thank you for reading every chapter of MFL, I am really HAPPY!!! <3

 

note: I am  MoneyFoundLove  in twitter  :)))