Chapter 5

Of All The Odds

Chapter 5:

Do You Like Sandara?

 

 

 

You know they say that a person that is so perfect doesn’t exist. I bet to disagree as I am currently seeing how perfect Sandara Park is. I meticulously observe how her eyes flickr to whatever Professor Moon is saying. The way her eyebrows furrow and the way her lips twitch as she speaks. 

 

Yes, I am a low-key fanboy of Sandara Park. She is indeed perfect in my eyes. 

 

She’s currently explaining to our Professor about the progress of her final project as I wait for her. This is our last subject as a University student and I can clearly see she’s doing her very best right now. I know she’s giving her 100% shot in everything she do though, that’s why I am really amazed how brilliant she is, so I guess this is a normal sight. 

 

I pouted. I’ve been like this since I-don’t-know-when. Maybe out of curiosity, I started to observe her whenever I get the chance. It became a form of habit and I’m actually fine with it.

 

 

Well, maybe a lot of you are asking, ‘Why is  someone as handsome as Kwon Jiyong still doing there?’ Am I right? Well, well. we’ve decided to eat dinner together before I drop her to her apartment. Actually, it’s part of our special bond as best-friends. Although she will really protest and reject the idea of promoting me as her best-friend, I am promoting myself. I don’t have any rivals at all! Chaerin is not here. 

 

“Bwahahaha!”

 

“What are you laughing about? Are you going crazy?” 

 

I flashed my oh-so handsome smile. Take Note: No one survived after seeing this smile. Everyone fell for me after flashing this smile. “I’m going crazy for you.” 

 

“Oh my gahd. You’re so disgusting.” She said while making a face. And, she still look so damn perfect. “A pick-up line? Really, Jiyong?”

 

I frowned. I won’t entertain the sting that I felt in my heart. “Your heart didn’t skip a beat?” I asked while getting her bag. “Everyone loves that smile!” 

 

“Honestly, you look constipated with that smile.” 

 

I gasped. “Really? Fck.” 

 

She…started to laugh. Her laughter echoed at the hallway. Everyone looked at her, as if they are dreaming. It’s a rare sight seeing her smile and hearing her laughter. I don’t know but my heart is overflowing with so much happiness knowing I am the reason she’s laughing right now. 

 

Dude, I do sound like a fcking handsome man who’s madly in-love with her. Wait, wait. Why am I even talking to myself? And besides, I am really happy right now. So, damn, happy. 

 

“Damn. That’s what I really want to see since this morning’s incident with Kiko.” 

 

“Y-You look cons…constipated in that smile….” She said, still laughing her lungs out. Not minding that I mention Kiko’s name who made her mood today sour. Tears were falling from her eyes from too much laughing. “And…and your reaction…is…so…so…”

 

“Yes, yes.” I said, while tapping her head. I wiped the tears on her cheeks. “I sometimes wanted everyone to see this version of you and not the uptight and serious version of Sandara.” 

 

“J-Jiyong….” She said, still laughing. “You’re so damn funny. I might die.” 

 

“And you’re so adorable I regretted this.” I pouted. 

 

 

I look around and saw everyone is looking at us. Nope, they are looking at Sandara who’s still laughing while holding her stomach. Maybe, everyone is amazed and puzzled. Who wouldn’t? Sandara Park, even if she’s famous because she is a Student Council President, it’s rare to see and hear her laughter. She has that image that is: responsible and serious leader. But, not everyone knows this side of her: the crazy and has the shallow sense of humour version of her. If you’ll tell a joke, even the corniest one, she will laugh at it. How adorable, isn’t it? 

 

 

“I wish I could just put you inside my pocket right now.” I murmur while putting her inside my coat. “I don’t want you to share to anyone.” 

 

“You are crazy.” She said while laughing, trying to get away from me. 

 

“Maybe I am…” I commented. 

 

Lately, I’m having these weird feeling of greediness towards Sandara. It’s crazy and at the same time, creepy. Lord, forgive me. 

 

 

“Anyways, I am one hundred percent sure that I will graduate with grades higher than yours.” She started, with full of confidence. Her eyes is sparkling with so much happiness. “Professor Moon said that my project is epic. And Professor Moon don’t usually say things like that if he doesn’t mean it.” 

 

I sighed. “You’re still into that idea?” 

 

“Yes, of course. You are my rival.” 

 

“No, no.” I said while shaking my head in disagreement. I placed my hand on her cheeks, and gently pressed them, making her pout. Damn! Damn! Damn! W-Why did I do this? She’s so damn cute. “Yo-You’re the only one who said that I am your rival.” 

 

“Because you are. Ever since the day that I saw your grades, you became my rival.” 

 

“I don’t see you as my rival.” 

 

“Whatever, Jiji.” 

 

I bit my lower lip. You know what, she’s always calling me Jiji every time she try to dismiss our argument. And yes, I am always losing and stop the argument if she’ll use that. As a fanboy, I cannot resist it. 

 

“Stop it…” I murmured. 

 

“H-huh? Stop what?” She asked, confused. 

 

“Being so damn cute.” 

 

She giggled. “Whatever. Maybe you’re just too hungry.” She said, dismissing it. “I will treat you Ice Cream, Jiji.” 

 

I sighed. “Fck.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, I eat lunch with my my friends. Sandra’s whereabouts? I don’t have an idea. She’s not answering my texts and phone calls. She’s absent today and it’s the very first time she did this. She’s not the type of person who will skip class even if she hasn’t have enough sleep. There was once she still went to class even if she has a fever. That’s Sandara Park for you. The academic monster. 

 

 

“Dude, do you like Sandara?”

 

I chocked and looked at them so surprised. “W-What? A-Are you going crazy, Taeyang?” 

 

“You kept on talking about her, non-stop, for almost 30 minutes already.” Taeyang commented while sipping his cola. “And you kept on calling her.”

 

“And texting her…” Seungri added.

 

“…And visiting all her SNS Account.” Daesung said, while wiggling his eyebrows. 

 

I snorted. “Wh-what the heck are you talking about.” I chuckled. “O-Of course n-n-not.” 

 

No, no. I won’t tell them that I am Sandara Park’s fanboy. They will use that against me. I know they will blackmail me and use that information to treat them lunch or go to our house and play video games. 

 

 

“Well, it looks like you are though.”

 

“H-Hoy! I-It’s not like that.” I said, avoiding their gazes. I know them, we’ve been friends since Elementary and they knew me so well, it creeps me out. 

 

“I can’t blame him is he’s starting to like her and see her as a woman. He’s been with her since her best friend went overseas since last year.” Tabi commented. “And let’s all admit, Sandara is very pretty.”

 

“Damn. I think this guy is really in-love with her for a long time and he has no idea about it…”  Taeyang said while laughing making me froze. 

 

 

 

W-What the heck are they saying?