Chapter 12

Of All The Odds

                                               Chapter 12: 

                                     Let’s end our friendship 

 

 

I didn’t bother her about her family problem. I kept my mouth shut. I may be her best friend (yes, I am declaring it) but I don’t want to force her in opening up to me. 

 

I sighed. She looked at me, weirdly. “What’s wrong?” 

 

“I just want to apologise about yesterday… you know, about Mino.” I said. Look, I am really sincere in my apology. People may call me a playboy or what but I know how to apologise if needed. “I was just…” jealous. I want to add. Damn. 

 

“You know you should not apologise to me.” She said while sipping her Iced Coffee. “I know you’re not a violent type of person. Why the heck did you do that?” 

 

I looked away. Damn. If I tell her that I was jealous, will she even believe me? 

 

I chuckled. “Why the heck is he so close to you? He’s even… touching your…” I can’t even finish my words. What the actual , Kwon Jiyong. Relax. Calm down. 

 

Dara look at me, shocked. “We’re just demonstrating the dares for our booth!” She exclaimed. “Why the heck are you even mad?” 

 

Oh, because I am ing jealous! I want to say it out loud. But it felt so out of character. And what’s the point of saying it, if she wont believe me. 

 

I just sighed. “I was just… surprised. I’ve never seen someone so… so close to you like that.” 

 

“You know Mino look so scared—“ 

 

“I know, I know.” I interrupted. “His cousin is my friend. He even joked about filing a case towards me.” 

 

“Yeah, right. And you’re not even afraid, huh?” She looked at me, with her eyebrows furrowed. 

 

I chuckled. Damn. This worried face of Dara is so attractive. Damn. Damn. 

“I will apologise to him later. When I see him.” 

 

She rolled her eyes at me. “Whatever.” 

 

 

She just continued to drink her Ice Coffee while typing something on her laptop. I silently drink my Iced Coffee too. 

 

I don’t know how we ended up like this after having a fight. We don’t usually fight- unless it’s about her angst about my grades. You know her rivalry stuffs. And it’s always a one-sided fight. 

I’ll just silently listen to her rant about me not studying at all but still got good grades. I’ll just casually listen to her rants about how she didn’t sleep all night just to finish her design that is due 2 weeks from now. I’ll just casually sit beside her on the library while she absorbs all the information from the book she’s reading by putting her head at the top of the book. 

 

I took me years to realise that I like this stubborn yet kind person. It took me years to finally admit that I am not just a fanboy. That I like here more than just a friend. 

 

I bit my lower lip, suppressing my smile. Wow. How come it took me years to realise my own feelings while those s made a lucky guess huh. I thought. 

 

 

 

A few more minutes and the members of the Student Council entered the room. They were all surprised seeing me siting besides Dara, while playing with her long hair. 

 

Mino came and almost took a U-turn when he saw me. I stand up and walked towards him. 

 

“I’m sorry. About yesterdays fiasco. It’s all my fault.” 

 

The poor Mino anxiously touched his glasses. “I also want to apologise, S-Sunbae. I-I should have—“

 

“No, no. You don’t have to apologise, Mino.” Dara interrupted, while raising a finger. “It’s Jijis’ fault. Right?” She look at me, as if her stares scares me. She looks cute though. 

 

I nod. “Yeah, it’s all my fault.” 

 

“O-okay, Sunbae.” Mino replied. He may be shocked seeing how I easily agreed to Dara. 

 

“Well, now that war is over, let’s start our meeting.” 

 

 

 

The meeting took an hour and a half. I almost fall asleep while listening to their plans. I realise how lucky I am for being a normal student. Student Council is something! Only monsters will voluntarily to do this work! 

 

Oh, Dara is a monster. Monster for extra credits. I thought. 

 

 

 

 

 

I remember when we were still in second year. One of our senior asked our class who wants to run for second year representative. Everyone looked at me- as if it’s the only option. 

 

“W-What?” I sarcastically said. “Come on! I’m so busy with our papers. I can’t juggle my time anymore.” 

 

Chaerin threw a paper at me. “Papers? You’re just dating!” 

 

I look at her while laughing. “Nah, it’s part of growing up. We should enjoy our—“ 

 

“Do we have like extra credits if we join the Student Council?” 

 

 

Yep, it’s your highness, Sandara Park talking. She’s innocently looking at our senior. 

 

“Y-Yes.” Our senior replied. “And if you’re part of the Student Council, you’ll have an access to the Student Council room which is wide, has free Wi-Fi and can be used at study room.” 

 

I rolled my eyes. Heck, no one’s going to accept that offer. The University has wide library space that can be used as a study area. Only people who—

 

“Count me in, Sunbae!” Dara said while smiling. 

 

“Okay!” The Senior replied enthusiastically. “Then you have to fill this up and submit it to the Student Council room by tomorrow 12noon. Ok?” 

 

“Yes. Thank you Sunbae.” 

 

 

 

 

 

Who would have thought that those extra credits will lead me to this room too. Although I didn’t join the Student Council, because I am the best friend of the President, I can also have access to these benefits. 

 

“Let’s all do our best until the end, okay?” She said. “And don’t forget to enjoy this years festival too!” 

 

“Yes, Pres.” they all replied in unison. 

 

Everyone started to gather their things and went to their own classes. Now, it’s just me and Dara alone. 

 

I sighed. I look at my watch. “So I have to go.” 

 

“Hmmm.” She mumbled, without looking at me. “Take care.” 

 

I chuckled. “You’re not gonna ask to where am I going?” 

 

She now faced me. “Eh? Why should I? You are an adult. You can do whatever you want.” 

 

I gathered my things. See? This is why I am a fanboy- I mean, ex fanboy. She’s not like any other girls! She just immune to me and my charms and she’s not even interested to… wait, hold up. So, she’s not interested in me? 

 

It felt like my stomach is churning. So as my heart. Damn. “I’m seeing someone.” 

 

“Hmmm.” She said, while continuously typing on her laptop. 

 

“Nana.” 

 

“Eh?” 

 

“I’m meeting up with Nana.” I replied, still looking at her. Trying to catch a glimpse of… annoyance? Maybe a pang of jealousy? 

 

“Oh. New girlfriend?” 

 

I snorted. Did she forgot that I just told her yesterday about my feelings for her? Did she even listen to me? Or did she forgot about it? 

 

Did those words didn’t mean anything to her? 

 

“Hmmm. Nope. Just the second year. The one making my costume for the Mr. School Fest.” 

 

“Ahhh.” 

 

“And I don’t have a girlfriend.” 

 

“Hmmm.” 

 

“As of now, I wont be dating.” 

 

“Hmmm.” 

 

I my lower lip as I smirked. The way she obviously ignore me makes her more attractive. What the is wrong with me? I should be turned off and look for someone else but heck- why am I finding this attractive? Am I that… damn. 

 

“Damn. So cold.” I murmured. I pat her head and stand up. “I have to go.” 

 

“Ok.” She replied. 

 

I walk towards the door and stopped. Damn. I went back to her. 

 

“Did you even considered what I told you yesterday?” 

 

Her eyebrows furrowed as she look at me. As if she doesn’t understand what am I saying. 

 

“Yesterday?” 

 

“Oh, did you forgot?” I smirked. “I told you that I like you. That I have feelings for you. Heck, I want to date you!” 

 

She shook her head. There you go again. I can see those emotions again. 

“Can we please stop this kind of conversation?” 

 

“Why not? Am I not allowed to express my feelings?” 

 

“If towards other people, I’m fine with it. But if it’s for me? Nope. You know I am off limits. We are friends. As what you keep on saying- best friends. Best friends don’t date each other.” She said, in one breathing. There’s conviction in her words. As if trying to convince… or maybe herself? 

 

“Huh! Then we’re not best friends anymore!” I blurted out. “From now on, we are not friends or best friends! I will end our  friendship so I can start a relationship with you. Got it?” 

 

I saw her blinking her eyes so fast. She was shaking her head. Bewildered. 

 

“You can’t just declare this kind of stuffs. Dude!” She shouted. “I won’t date my rival! I won’t date a playboy! I won’t—“

 

“I have to go!” I cut her off while pinching her cheeks. “I’ll come back in a while so stay. I’ll be back.” 

 

She was still standing still when I looked back. “I won’t stop until you say that you like me too. Heck, the chasing games starts now!” I said while laughing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I’m finally back, I guess.🫶🏻 *hoping* 

Life update: finished my Uni here in 🇯🇵

I’m sorry for the wrong grammar🥹  

It’s been awhile~ 

 

xoxo