Detention

안돼!

 

Tiffany’s POV

“As you know the equation goes like this…” Ms. Kim kept on babbling about math. I was not interested in this subject since math is one of my least favorite subjects. I looked outside the window and breathed in the air. Suddenly, a face came in to mind. What’s his name? Cho Kyuhyun? Although we just met, there is something about him that is interesting. The way he gazes when he talks, the way he smiles, everything is just so beautiful, I never thought a human being could be that perfect. But I have to admit, that was the first time I saw him, and I’m already smitten. I sighed dreamily and continued to stare out of the window.

“Like always, I’m going to call out to the people who don’t pay attention in class.” I perked up in my seat and immediately looked at Ms. Kim .

“That includes you Hwang Miyoung, and you too Cho Kyuhyun.” Did I hear right? Cho Kyuhyun? I took a look and saw those similar eyes watching me. I blushed before looking back at my book. He’s in my class? I continued to sit uncomfortably in my seat.

“Miyoung why don’t you answer this question, if you get it wrong you’ll have to have detention.” I slightly grimaced at what Ms. Kim said. She’s always picking on me. I walked to the front and tied my hair. This is going to take a long time.

“And you Kyuhyun, do the next equation.” I heard light footsteps walking towards the front. I started to quicken my writing on the blackboard.

“Hey, do you know how to do this?” I heard the man next to me whisper. I closed my eyes and looked at him. I shook my head which made him smile.

“Although I am good at math, I don’t know how to solve this one.” He looked at the equation and started to count it mentally. I wish I was smart like him.

“Miyoung, are you done?” Alarmed, I looked at Ms. Kim and shook my head. She sighed and cupped her head.

“When are you ever going to pay attention in class? I hear that you are very eager to learn anything, but when it comes to math you don’t do even make any effort to pay attention. May I know why?” I gulped.

“Ms. Kim, every person is different. Miyoung might be a little troubled with these equations, to be honest this is very overwhelming for students like us. I hope you give her time, she is actually a fast learner.” I turned back and saw a beaming Kyuhyun. I smiled and bowed, Ms. Kim crossed her arms.

“It seems like these two needs to learn a lesson. Detention!” Ms.Kim bellowed. I slumped my shoulders and scratched my head. Kyuhyun patted my back and pushed me lightly towards my seat. I heard the other students whisper.

“Are they dating?”

“No, it can’t be. Yoona will be mad if she found out.”

“Maybe it’s just another game of his.” I shook my head and decided to ignore what they said. Kyuhyun is just too nice, right?

--

Kyuhyun’s POV

Detention! Ugh! I hate it! But because I knew Tiffany will be with me, it’ll be considered as a bonus. I could spend more time with her. I laughed in my mind and began to make plans on how to become closer to her. Math ended faster than I thought.

“As promised, Miyoung and Kyuhyun you have to stay in class, for an hour. Spend your time wisely in here~” Ms. Kim sang as she walked out of the classroom. I heard a soft sigh at the back. I saw Tiffany taking a novel out of her bag pack. I silently walked up to her and sat beside her.

“Hey, I’m sorry for getting us in to detention.” She giggled and shook her head.

“It’s my fault. I should of paid more attention in class.” She frowned at her thoughts and shrugged her shoulders. I noticed that she was reading an English novel.

“You understand English?” I asked her surprised.

“I was born in California and I stayed there for 15 years, I just came back to Korea.” She explained, she has this habit of constantly smiling, which was really pretty. Wait, Cho you can’t fall for her. It’s a game remember. I shook the thoughts and continued to stare at her.

“Why are you staring at me?” She asked me, and looked at me. I smiled.

“It’s nothing.”

“Can I ask you a question? Do you and Yoona have a relationship?” She tilted her head as she asked me the question. I gulped before panicking. How does she know?

“W-well…” She smiled softly, still waiting an answer from me.

“We used to have something…” She patted my hands.

“I won’t ask about her anymore. I promise.” I smiled at how she can be randomly cute at times. She put her novel in her bag and cupped her face in boredom.

“So I should ask more about you.” I said. She giggled and nodded.

“How many months have you been in Korea?”

“About two months.” She roughly estimated.

“That’s why I never saw you.” I said to which she agreed.

“So are you enjoying Korea?”

“I guess I am. It’s just that since I’m a little new here, I don’t know the places. And I just can’t seem to swallow the food.” She touched and made a face.

“You’ll get used to it, I can take you out if you have time.” She smiled.

“That’s nice of you. I don’t have that much friends. I only rely on Hyukjae since I got here.” She muttered. Hyukjae? That name rang a bell.

“Who is Hyukjae?” I asked her just to confirm my thoughts.

“He is my bestfriend. The only person I can trust.” She smiled bitterly.

“What do you mean?” Curiosity got the best of me.

“I admit that, other kids want to be my friends, but they are not the type that I can trust. Hyukjae is very protective and he knows everything that happens in this school. So he is basically the only person I could ever trust.” She sighed and took her cellphone out as it vibrated.

“Hello?” She picked up the call. I distinctively heard a man’s voice. I’m assuming it’s Hyukjae.

“Miyoung! Where are you?” I heard the man say, with a worried voice. Tiffany just laughed.

“I have detention Hyuk, where are you?” She asked him back.

“I’m outside the school building! I was waiting for you. Now I’m freezing!” Hyukjae muttered. Tiffany continued to giggle.

“It’s going to end in a few. Just wait for me okay?” She hung the call and shook her head in dismay.

I’m going to have to make a fair space between Tiffany and Hyukjae. My job would be easier. Wouldn’t it?

--

I updated already~ I’ll probably update We Got Married tomorrow. I hope you can wait for that.

I think I need to clear things up for you. Tiffany and Heechul were never together. I’m sorry if you got confused with what I wrote.

If you have any questions regarding the stories just ask okay?