Realization

안돼!

 

Author’s POV

“Miyoung?” Tiffany looked up and saw her best friend.

“Hyuk!” She stood up and rushed towards her friend, hugging him with all her might. Not wanting to let go. The latter was confused by her actions.

“Why are you crying? Why are you alone?” He bombarded Tiffany with questions. Tiffany shook her head, she was still not ready. Eunhyuk merely nodded and rubbed her back in assurance.

Tiffany’s POV

I pulled away from the hug and looked up at him. He tilted his head to the side when he saw my face, probably wondering why I am crying. He wiped my tears and a faint smile was on his lips.

“Stop crying, Miyoung. I’m here now. Do you care to tell me what happened?” I took a deep breath and looked at him once again. I finally nodded after considering it. He dragged me towards a restaurant.

“Hyuk, what are you doing?” I asked, confused.

“Today is a Sunday, I usually eat with my family here, so they’re waiting. You can join us.” He quickly said and stopped in front of a table.

“Omma, appa, noona, is it okay if my friend joins us for today?” Eunhyuk asked and looked at his parents. His parents look very nice, and his sister looks really pretty. I bowed towards them and smiled faintly.

“Of course, Hyuk. Is this the girl you’ve been talking about for the past months?” Eunhyuk’s mom asked. I looked at Eunhyuk, he was smiling nervously.

“What are you talking about omma?” He fidgeted with his fingers.

“What’s that girls’ name…” Eunhyuk’s mom touched her forehead, as if she was trying to remember something.

“It’s something like… Hwang Miyoung.” His dad said. I gasped and looked at Hyuk who was smiling sheepishly by now. I never thought that my best friend would like me.

“Aniyo-“ Eunhyuk started to protest.

“Yes, I am Hwang Miyoung, but please call me Tiffany.” I said, my lips drawing a small smile.

“Aigoo, we knew we would meet you some day. I am Sora.” Eunhyuk’s sister stood up and skipped to my side, hugging me tightly.

“Let’s eat first.” His mom suggested. This reminds me of the first date with Kyuhyun. Wait, why am I even thinking of him? I touched my chest, it was throbbing, and my breaths were short and sharp. Is this what people call heartbreak? Hyuk noticed me and took my other hand under the table, he squeezed it.

“Hold on. We’ll be out of here as soon as we can.” He whispered, only for me to hear. I nodded in response.

--

We both walked towards the park, looking for a relaxing place to talk. We both sat on a bench and looked at the sky, not saying a word. Breathing in the air that surrounded us.

“Miyoung, I know I shouldn’t bother in your own problems or anything… but… what happened?” He asked, hugging my shoulders, ready for anything. Without dreading, the tears fell. One by one, the hot tears strained my face. Eunhyuk quickly hugged me and my hair, letting me soak his shirt with my tears.

“Shhh… don’t cry, I’m here. Don’t worry okay?” He shushed me.

“Hyuk, it hurts.” I said in between my cries.

“What hurts, Miyoung? Tell me. Just let it all out.” He encouraged me.

“He doesn’t love me Hyuk, he doesn’t love me. I conveyed my heart to him, and now he left me hanging on a thread. Hyuk, how am I going to face him? Tell me. Does God hate me this much to give me this kind of punishment? Am I not worthy enough? Hyuk-“ He cut me off.

“Actually, you are too good for him. He doesn’t deserve you, Miyoung.” I continued to cry, as he constantly my hair.

“I should of listen to what you said. Now look, I’m broken and only time can cure it… “ I trailed, not knowing what to say anymore. Unsure about it, I hugged him tighter, afraind that he is going to leave me too.

“Are you trying to kill me?” He teased me. I looked up at him and smiled.

“You should smile more now.” He said and ruffled my hair. I’ll try, Hyuk.

-Next Day-

Kyuhyun’s POV

I walked in to the confines of the school. The warmth that Tiffany offered long gone, it’s cold. Too cold, to be exact. I stopped in the middle of the deserted hallway. Waiting for her to hug me from behind, like she would always do every morning. But, no, nothing. I sighed and walked towards my locker, facing it. I opened it and saw Tiffany’s pictures in it. Her smiling face haunted me last night. It was as if she was thinking about me too. Nothing changed, I still love her, that’s a fact that no one can change. Not even fate itself. Fool, I’m a fool. I cupped my head and started to cry, something that I promised myself I would never do. The tears reflected me, the pain, the regret all mushed up together and formed tears. I forced myself to stop crying, to stop it. Crying is not worth the time, I wouldn’t get Tiffany back by crying. I wiped the tears and got my books. Entering the class quickly, being the earliest. I opened my phone, hoping Tiffany would reply to my text but none, I was frustrated. I should of listen to everyone who warned me. Especially Ahra, her thoughts back then were spot on. She was right, to my surprise, I should of broke up with Yoona, she wasn’t worth of anything. All she ever did was boss me around, ‘Queen Control’ as some people call her. I heard two voices outside of the class, I guess they are some of my classmates.

“What should I do?” I heard the girl say.

“Just go in. You’re a very strong girl. Tell me if anything happens. I’ll go to class now.” I heard footsteps walking away from the classroom. The girl sighed and opened the doors to the class. Tiffany walked in a frown on her face. She ruffled her hair, she didn’t realize my presence. I shut my mouth and watched her as she put her book on the table. Playing with the book and looking outside. I cleared my throat and saw her straighten her back. She looked back and her eyes widened. Her lips were pressed together tightly. She stood up and was about to walk out of the classroom.

“You hate me huh?” I asked her, loud enough for her to hear. She turned around, fresh tears in her eyes.

“I don’t hate you. I never did and never will. I’m just trying to mend my broken heart. I bet you’re happy since the bet is done. Have a happy life.” She said which left me in a stunned state. Her mind is complex, a normal girl wouldn’t of said those words without being sinister. She is just too kind. I threw my phone to the side, frustrated. It’s time for a change.

--

Updated!! I hope you’re happy. Some events are going to happen next. I hope you can wait for it.