Talk

안돼!

 

Author’s POV

“Minnie, I don’t understand this question.” Tiffany said pointed towards the question. It has been about a few weeks since she has first met Changmin. Their friendship bloomed quickly, sharing secrets, fooling around, just like best friends.

“What is it Fany?” He took a peek and chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?” Changmin shook his head and covered his mouth, trying to muffle the sound of his laughter. Tiffany sighed and hit his head with her book lightly.

“I’m sorry; it’s just that, the question is too easy. You’re supposed to know the answer.” Tiffany frowned.

“You’re not helping, you know. Stop teasing me!” She exclaimed and buried her head in her arms. Changmin began to laugh.

“Fine, here.” Changmin began to jot down the answer and showed it to her.

“Isn’t that easy?” Tiffany rolled her eyes and snatched the paper out of his hands. He chuckled and leaned back on his chair.

“Sorry for hitting your head. You always tease me.” Tiffany whined and started to do her work again.

“Ah, don’t worry, it didn’t hurt. You got better with Math, you should be happy about it.” Tiffany smiled.

“Well, thank you for teaching me then.” Tiffany stood up and made her way to the kitchen. Changmin followed her and sat on the counter.

“You want to drink tea? I can make some.” Tiffany said.

“That would be nice.” Tiffany opened a cupboard but sighed loudly.

“I’m out of sugar. What should we do?” Tiffany lifted her head and looked at Changmin who was staring out of the window.

“Let’s go buy sugar, then.” Changmin hopped of the counter and dragged Tiffany out of the house.

“I forgot to bring my coat!”  Tiffany exclaimed and crossed her arms. Changmin looked back and smiled. He willingly pulled his coat of and handed it towards Tiffany. Tiffany’s face lightened up, she took the coat and wore it.

“Aren’t you cold?” Tiffany asked. Changmin shook his head.

“I’m too hot.” Tiffany scoffed at his statement and . They entered the grocery store and began to wander around.

--

“Kyuhyun-ah! Can you help me?” Kyuhyun sighed and stood up disgruntled by the sudden interruption. He slumped out of his room towards the voice that has been annoying him.

“What is it noona?” Kyuhyun asked, he stood at the doorway, still wearing his pajamas.

“Kyu, go have bath and go to the grocery store, buy me some snacks.” He grunted and looked at Ahra.

“Are you serious? You can go and buy it yourself.” He was about to walk out of the room when Ahra pulled his arm.

“Please, you obviously need some fresh air. You look like a hobo, and I’m hungry, mom is not here to cook lunch. Hurry~” Ahra pushed him towards the bathroom.

“Ok, fine. I’m going.”

--

“Do you want to buy anything else?” Tiffany asked as she took the sugar.

“Is it okay if I buy snacks? We can eat it while studying.” Changmin jumped excitedly. Tiffany laughed and nodded.

“Okay. I’ll be looking at the vegetables. I’ll see you there.” Tiffany trudged off towards the vegetables section.

I should cook lunch for Changmin and me.

She took some vegetables and put in the basket. She walked off towards the snack section and saw Changmin looking at all of the snacks that were offered.

“Buy anything you like.” Tiffany said as she walked towards him. Changmin scratched his head.

“I want to buy all of them.” Changmin said.

“My, my, let’s not be greedy. I’m going to cook lunch for us, so, please don’t buy too much.” Tiffany and grabbed the snack out of his hands. She stuffed it in the basket and smiled mockingly towards him.

“Aish, you’re so childish.” Changmin said and ruffled her hair.

“Aww, you too.” She replied at stuck her tongue out.

“Tiffany?” Tiffany turned around, her eyes widened at the plain sight of him.

“K-Kyu?” She stuttered. She was hoping she wouldn’t meet him, especially in this kind of situation. She was not ready to face all of it.

“Fany, do you know him?” Changmin touched her shoulders and tilted his head.

“Uh…” She didn’t know what to say. He looked horrible, he had eye bags under his eyes, his hair is messy, and he basically didn’t look like The Kyuhyun she knew.

“Minnie, let’s go. We haven’t finished studying yet.” Tiffany managed to compose herself, she held on to Changmin’s arm and dragged him towards the counter, paying quickly before rushing out of the store.

--

Kyuhyun watched as she dragged the man away.

You can’t just watch her walk away. You have to do something. You were wrong anyways, don’t be a coward and just talk to her.

Kyuhyun talked to himself. He snatched a random snack and paid for it.

--

“Who was he?” Changmin asked.

“I told you about him before.” She briefly said.

“So he is Cho Kyuhyun?” Tiffany nodded.

“He looked…bad.” Changmin said.

“Yeah…”

“You still love him?” Changmin asked. Tiffany hesitated and decided to keep quiet

“You can always tell me.” Changmin reminded her and watched her as she struggled to speak.

“Yes, I do. And, I miss him.” Tiffany said, she could feel the stinging sensation again.

“Why didn’t you talk to him back then? I bet he misses you too.”

“I don’t know, Minnie. I-“

“You should talk to him the next time you see him. Tell him everything.”

“Is that the right thing to do?”

“It’ll be worth it. I promise you.”

--

Kyuhyun sat on the pavement, waiting for something that is obviously never going to happen. He sighed and looked up at the sky.

Just one mistake and everything in ruined, and it’s your entire fault. Stupid, Cho, you’re so stupid. You’ve hurt her a lot.

“Hey, you’re Cho Kyuhyun, right?” An unfamiliar voice snapped him out of his reverie. Kyuhyun looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. He stood up and wiped the dirt of his pants.

“Well, yes I am. Who are you?”

“I’m Changmin.” Kyuhyun adjusted his sight and almost immediately recognized the man in front of him. It was the man who was with Tiffany.

“Why are you sitting here?” Kyuhyun who was slightly wavered by the man’s nosiness huffed.

“None of your business.” Changmin chuckled.

“You were waiting for her right?”

“How do you know?”

“She already told me everything. We might as well talk about it somewhere else.”

--

Kyuhyun eyed the coffee shop, the warm familiar scent of coffee arouse his senses. Changmin sat on the seat across him, relaxing in the soft comforts of the sofa.

“Sorry for being rude back then.” Kyuhyun said as he took the coffee in front of him. Changmin laughed wholeheartedly.

“Ah, it’s nothing really. So, I was right wasn’t I? You were waiting for Tiffany, in front of the house.” Kyuhyun nodded.

“Why didn’t you just confront her? Are you scared of the fact that she might reject you?” Kyuhyun gulped as Changmin spoke.

“Yes, I’m scared, because I know I’m the guilty one. Even though she was the one who said that we should forget each other, she didn’t mean it. I was the wrong one, I foolishly agreed to what she said, I’m at fault!”

“Just talk to her, Kyuhyun. I’m sure she wouldn’t reject you. She loves you even after all the things that you have done. She is a very strong girl and she is nice too, she forgave you already, so really, all you have to do is talk to her. Say that you’re sorry.”

“Easy for you to say, you don’t know what it feels like. The fear of it-“

“I did actually. You shouldn’t be afraid when it comes to love. I know you can do it. Talk to her as soon as you can. She is special; any guy would fall in love with her, if you know what I mean.” Changmin stood up and walked out of the coffee shop.

--

Hello, I updated!! The next chapter is going to be the last! I'll focus on my other stories now. And sorry for the typos I didn't edit at all. Hope you enjoy~