Unknown Promise

안돼!

 

Author’s POV

She eyed the food that was served uncomfortably; playing with her fingers at times. itched; she felt more thirsty than hungry.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Ms. Cho asked the said girl.

Tiffany smiled and immediately grabbed her pair of chopsticks, not wanting to upset the aging woman in front of her. She brought the food to hesitantly before eating the food that was familiar to her; she missed it, the salty taste of the soup that was her favorite, especially when Ms. Cho made it. Ms. Cho smiled softly before walking away. She was now left with Kyuhyun and Ahra. Ahra cleared and smiled teasingly towards Kyuhyun who was sitting quietly. Kyuhyun quickly reached out for his chopsticks and ate without saying a word. The atmosphere was… awkward, and he hated it. Ahra stood up as she finished her part of the meal; she left the room without a word. Tiffany played with her food; she glanced at Kyuhyun who was stuffing his mouth with rice, making him look like a chipmunk. Tiffany touched his face out of habit, making the man flinch slightly by the unexpected touch. She continued to his face, feeling his cheekbones which got more prominent as time passed.

“You should eat more.” Tiffany said, she got her chopsticks and put some side dishes in to his bowl of rice. Kyuhyun nodded and continued to eat quietly. Tiffany watched him as he consumed his food, glancing at her once in a while before eating again.

“You should eat too, you’ve gotten too skinny.” He voiced out, not wanting to sound rude. Tiffany merely chuckled, her throaty voice sending chills to him, she somehow sounded sick to his dislike.

“You don’t have to worry about me, I’m just fine.” She said smiling to herself.

“How could I not worry? I haven’t talk to you in a long time and it’s hard… for me.” Tiffany sighed, not liking where this conversation was leading to. She felt as if her pride was wounded when he muttered those words, uncannily. He made it sound as if I am at fault. But am I?

“It was harder for me.” She muttered the words, clear enough for him to hear the pain that was hidden from her usually cheerful voice. He set his chopsticks aside and looked at her.

“Please tell me, what really happened to us?” He cupped his head. Tiffany raised an eyebrow, questioning his level of intellectuality. She scoffed and crossed her arms.

“You’re asking me a stupid question if you haven’t realized. You’re asking me what happened to us. Why don’t you question yourself? You have the answer to your question, smart .” She didn’t know why she was cursing to the one she loved and cared. It’s probably because he drove her crazy, and she didn’t like it for one bit. Kyuhyun smirked.

“You didn’t even listen to my story. Don’t you want to know? I guess you’re dying to know the truth.” He lowered his pride as he said it. He really wanted to be back in her warm embrace. He wanted to feel the sense of ‘home’ once again, but is it possible at this rate? Tiffany shook her head in disbelief.

“Fine, whatever makes you happy. Tell me then, tell me the truth.” She showed this attitude in front of him for the first time, which made Kyuhyun hurt inside, he never knew Tiffany would develop such hate for him. Little did he know, she was only trying to recover her pride, which was wounded and stepped upon.

“Where should I start?” He rubbed his hands together.

“From the beginning.” She briefly said before taking a sip out of her cup.

“I fell in love with you from the first time I met you, which was at the library,” He paused and looked at Tiffany’s face; a cold expression was worn on her face.

“I didn’t know I would fall for you that hard, I only thought that I would like you, a mere crush, I thought it was just a brief feeling that I would feel. I was stupid, to accept that bet from Heechul, that bastard. If only I knew the consequences… Anyways, I began to slowly convey my feelings towards you as time passed by, it ended up with me giving my all to you, and I didn’t regret it, because I knew, you wouldn’t hurt me.” He took a deep breath before continuing, with bated breath.

“I thought that I would be able to keep of the bet as a secret. I didn’t want you to find out, yes, I did feel guilty, but knowing that I still had to complete the bet, I shoved all of it away, the guilt and the conciousness. I was that selfish.” Tiffany’s face was expressionless, hiding her real emotions; she can’t break down now, not in front of him.

“Continue.” She said with a strong voice. The man was unable to interpret what she was feeling right now. He obediently followed what she said.

“I… meant everything I said towards you-“

“What about Yoona?” She asked out of the blue. Kyuhyun looked up at her, surprised by the change of subject. How does she know?

“Well, I dated her while dating you… does that make any sense? Honestly speaking, I was dumb to believe that I loved her; I used to think that she was the one, I thought I felt love when I was with her, I thought she was the one. But, of course I was wrong.” He said earnestly, Tiffany was trying hard to hold the tears that were threatening to fall any moment. She breathed in before reaching out for her chopsticks once again.

“Kyu, I’m confused, no words of separation were stated that night, and I just want to make everything clear between us.” She finally said. Kyuhyun waited for her answer, afraid, what if she wants to call it off. He closed his eyes, breathing in deeply, waiting anxiously for her answer, for their fate.

“Let’s just…” She didn’t know how to continue her own sentence; she touched , feeling her pulse. Do I really want everything to end right here, right now, at this moment? Should I give him another chance? She shook her head as a million thoughts raced in her head. Kyuhyun continued to look at her, registering her expression. He feared everything, he didn’t want this love to end, never, and he’d do everything just for her. Just for Hwang Miyoung. She cleared and touched the ring that Kyuhyun gave her; she hasn’t removed it from her fingers, why? Because she didn’t want to, it was a part of her, and she can’t bear to take it off her fingers. Kyuhyun couldn’t take the silence, he stood up and pulled Tiffany in to a hug, smelling her familiar scent, he missed it, the scent of Vanilla pierced his nostrils, and he sighed and hugged her tighter. Tiffany stopped resisting and hugged him back; she rested her head on his chest and cried beating his chest lightly.

“You’re so mean Cho Kyuhyun, you’re so mean.” She mumbled, her voice muffled by the sweater Kyuhyun wore. He chuckled in relief; he her head and continued to hug her.

“So, we’re clear right, we’re still together?” He asked to make sure he wasn’t daydreaming. Tiffany looked up at him with her tear strained face, a small smile was plastered on to her lips, making Kyuhyun's stomach churn. She nodded and hid her face in embarrassment. He looked up at the ceiling and smiled in satisfaction.

“I love you, Miyoung, I’ll try my best to take care of you.” He made a promise without himself knowing. He pulled away from the hug and kissed her forehead in assurance.

--

Hello, so I updated... And I feel terribly bad for not updating any of my stories. It's not going to end here just yet. And please, do comment, I expect you to tell me what you think of this story so far. Hope you enjoy~