Hallucinating

안돼!

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I ran as fast as I can towards the classroom, I’ve once again done wrong towards Tiffany. I knew I’d regret it as soon as I said it; I left her alone the other night. How can I be so foolish? I bet she wouldn’t be able to forgive me after all that I’ve done. I don’t deserve her, she’s just too kind. I took hold of the door knob and pushed the door open. No one was in the classroom. She usually comes early though.

I panted and walked towards my desk, setting the books on the table. She’ll be here in a second, I assured myself, and she wouldn’t miss school, right? I decided to read my notebooks to kill time. I sat uncomfortably after the classroom was packed with the students, where is she? Ms. Park pranced in to the classroom happily, she instantly wrote on the whiteboard, getting ready for our lesson. She turned around and looked and the seat beside me, which was empty.

“Where is Hwang Miyoung? Is she unhealthy?” Ms. Park said as she tilted a head. The students mumbled, answering her questions.

“Aww, that’s a pity, we’re going to learn her favorite lesson today.”

I frowned, why isn’t she here? Did something happen? I looked outside of the window, and spotted a certain someone who caught my attention. Maybe he knows about Tiffany’s whereabouts he is Tiffany’s best friend after all.

--

Author’s POV

“Hwang Miyoung! Wake up, hurry!”

The said girl groaned and covered her head with her blanket, she was still deep in the depths of her dreams, and she didn’t want anyone to annoy her, not right now. Her body tensed as she heard her father’s footsteps coming nearer.  She gripped on to her blanket tightly.

“Yah, Hwang Miyoung, wake up, your teacher is going to be here in a few.” She sighed and sat on her bed, glaring at her father.

“Don’t give me that look.” Mr. Hwang said and chuckled as she made a face.

“I’m tired.” She briefly said, scratching her head.

“Who told you to sleep late last night?” Tiffany frowned and hauled herself of her bed.

“You’re the one who asked for it.” Mr. Hwang said as he walked out of her room. Tiffany decided to study at home after all the events that happened; maybe it was better for her. A teacher by the name Changmin will come to teach her certain lessons every day, but of course it’s different. It’s going to be more stressful and tiring, but it was her own idea. She went downstairs to have breakfast before her teacher decided to pop up.

She sat there, facing the sandwich that her father made. She sighed as she took a bite out of it.

Kyuhyun likes sandwiches.

Tiffany bit the sandwich again, tears escaped down her eyes. It was like this all the time. Just the thought of him made her cry, his voice, his face, his eyes; everything about him seems to be near her. She drank the milk quietly, trying to suppress the tears that accumulated, somehow it won’t stop, no matter how hard she tries, and it’ll still come out. She stood up as she knew that the thoughts of him would do no good towards her, it’ll just become worse. She set the dishes in the sink and left it there. She proceeded towards the bathroom, wanting to wash away all the thoughts, even if it was for just a moment.

--

“Tiffany, your teacher is here!” Tiffany sighed as she got out of her room; she went downstairs and met face to face with a young man.

“Hello.” Tiffany bowed and tried to put on her best smile. Changmin looked over at her and smiled back.

“Hello, so you’re Tiffany?” Changmin shifted his body to face Tiffany. Tiffany nodded and bowed once again.

“You’re my teacher? Aren’t you a little too young?” Tiffany asked, Mr. Hwang nudged her with his elbows.

“Manners, Tiffany.” Mr. Hwang whispered. Changmin laughed.

“I guess I am, but you know, knowledge could be shared with whomever you want to. No matter what the age is.“ He said and smiled as he took out books out of his back pack. Mr. Hwang nodded in approval and clapped his hands.

“Alright, make yourself at home; I’ll be going to work now. See you later, baby girl.” Mr. Hwang said as he kissed Tiffany’s forehead. He walked out of the house making the atmosphere awkward for Tiffany and Changmin.

“Well, hello, again.” Changmin said and scratched his head. Tiffany smiled.

“What are we going to learn first?” Tiffany asked as she led Changmin to the dining room.

“It depends, let’s start with the one that you’re weak in.” Changmin sat on the chair and started to play with his fingers nervously. Tiffany nodded and sat beside him.

“Let’s start with Math, it’s hard.” Tiffany groaned.

Changmin nodded and took out a book.

“Here, this used to be mine, but I could give it to you I guess. I had a hard time learning math too, but I wrote notes, which is really helpful. You can use it.” He pushed to book towards her. Tiffany took the book and began to read it quietly to herself. Changmin examined her closely.

She’s beautiful, flawless, but something seems off. Her eyes are swollen and her cheek bones are prominent, her face is pale and she looks lifeless.

Tiffany looked up at him and smiled. He averted his attention and ruffled his hair, flustered.

“Did you have breakfast yet?” Tiffany asked, politely. Changmin shook his head, still dazed.

“I’ll make you breakfast.” Tiffany stood up and walked towards the kitchen. Changmin followed as he didn’t want to be left alone.

“Why did you decide to drop out of school?” Changmin asked as he watched her.

“Well, personal problems.” He nodded.

“You can tell me, you know.” He offered, he knew something was wrong with her. Tiffany wouldn’t just drop out of school without a reason, right? Her shoulders tensed.

But we just met, it wouldn’t be appropriate.

Tiffany wiped the tears that came out. She sniffed loudly and reached out for a tissue. Changmin walked towards her and looked at her concernedly.

“Are you okay?” Changmin asked. Tiffany nodded and continued to cook. She put on a smiled and put the dish on the table as soon as she was done. Changmin looked at her worriedly.

“You sure you’re okay?” Tiffany nodded for the umpteenth time.

“Like I said, you can tell me anything, I’m ready to hear your story.” Changmin said as he ate. Tiffany considered the offer.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” Tiffany finally asked.

“Yes, I’m sure.”

--

He walked out of the school ground, straightening his back, trying to find the familiar shade of blond.

Where is he?

Kyuhyun immediately ran as soon as he saw him.

“Yah! Yah! Hyukjae!” He waved his hands maniacally in the air, trying to catch the blonde’s attention. Eunhyuk stopped in his tracks and turned around, disbelief all over his face.

“You’re calling me?” He mouthed. Kyuhyun said nothing and walked towards him.

“I need to ask you something.” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes.

“What is it?” He asked, arrogantly.

“It’s about Tiffany.” Kyuhyun said. Eunhyuk’s shoulder tensed as he heard her name, he clenched his fists.

“Do you know where she is?” Kyuhyun asked. Eunhyuk glared at Kyuhyun, a warning. He shook his head and was about to walk away when Kyuhyun grasped his arms tightly. Eunhyuk was slightly flustered, he quickly pulled away from the younger latter’s grasp and faced him once again.

“You shouldn’t worry about her anymore.” He said, Kyuhyun looked down and sighed.

“I know, I’ve done wrong-“

“You never do anything right! I already told Tiffany to stop, to let you go, but she wouldn’t, that stubborn little brat. I honestly don’t know what she sees in you. You’re nothing but a fool. How could you let her go? And that easily? You make her seem so worthless of herself Cho Kyuhyun. But yet, she can’t let you go, after all that you’ve done, she’s still hanging on the pieces of thread that are going to break down soon. I’ve been tolerating all of this with patience, but I can’t take this anymore. It hurts knowing she is still waiting for you. Why can’t it be me? I could take way better care of her than you.” Kyuhyun was silenced by what Eunhyuk said. Partially because it was right, but he was more surprised by the elders true feelings.

“I gave you chances Kyuhyun, and you took them for granted. I bet you’re regretting it, huh?” Eunhyuk crossed his arms and looked as the boy in front of him collapse.

“Hyung, please help me. Just tell me where she is.” Eunhyuk sighed in sympathy.

“I-I-“

“Please.” Kyuhyun whispered before sobbing, his tears fell on to the floor.

“She’s studying at home.” Eunhyuk said quietly, audible enough for Kyuhyun to hear. Kyuhyun stood up as soon as he heard the location.

“Thank you so much.” He said gratefully before running out of the school. Eunhyuk grunted.

I’ll give her to you. Promise to take good care of her.

--

She sniffed as she finished telling her story. Changmin looked at his plate and frowned.

She’s hurting, how can I stop her from crying?

He stood up from his seat and silently walked towards Tiffany’s side. Slightly hugging her shoulders, uncomfortably.

“Shhh, it’s okay.” He said awkwardly, rubbing her back. Tiffany’s head was on his chest, she was soaking his shirt with her tears.

“Tiffany, I guess, that’s what’s bothering you?” He asked as the girl started to calm down. She nodded against his chest. He hummed, understanding her situation.

She is too young, to experience this at such a young age must be stressing.

“I’m sorry; this is so stupid of me. To cry over something that is so useless.” She hastily wiped her tears.

“Omo, this is so embarrassing.” She said and touched her cheeks.

“It’s not stupid, I understand. But, why would he do that to you?” She shrugged and looked at her fingers.

“How do you feel now? So you feel better?” He asked as he took out another book out of his bag.

“Better.” She briefly said.

“Good, let’s start.” He said as he opened his books.

--

He stood in front of her house, waiting for her to come out. He stood there, ignoring the weird glances that were coming from the neighbors. He heard a familiar laughter in the house.

She’s here?

Kyuhyun smiled happily. The front door opened, and there she was, but his smile faltered as soon as he saw a man behind her. Kyuhyun hid behind a bush and listened closely towards their conversation.

“I’ll come back tomorrow.” The man said happily.

“Ne.”

“Don’t forget to study.”

“Ne, Changmin-sshi.” Tiffany said.

“What did I tell you?”

“Arraseo, Changmin oppa.” Tiffany said and smiled after what she said. What happened after the conversation took him off guard. Tiffany hugged the man and nodded to what the man whispered. Kyuhyun grunted.

Was I too late?

He walked backwards before running away from everything.

--

“I’ll come back tomorrow.” Changmin said as he was wearing his shoes.

“Ne.”

“Don’t forget to study.”

“Ne, Changmin-sshi.” Tiffany said and crossed her arms.

“What did I tell you?”

“Arraseo, Changmin oppa.” The girl smiled.

Don’t call me Changmin-sshi, call me Changmin oppa, you make me sound old.

She giggled as she remembered what Changmin said. Changmin stood up and opened his arms widely. Tiffany hugged him lightly.

“Don’t worry about your problems; don’t think about it too much. Tell me if anything happens, I might be able to help you.” Changmin whispered, Tiffany merely nodded. Changmin let go of her before walking out of the compounds of the house. Tiffany leaned against the wall and stood still. Feeling the wind caressing her face, she faced her neighbor’s house and saw a familiar tall person running away.

Was that Kyuhyun? No, you’re hallucinating now.

Tiffany slapped her forehead lightly before entering her house.

--

I haven't updated in a long time, sorry for that. Hope you enjoy, and don't forget to comment and subscribe~