Optimistic

안돼!

 

Kyuhyun’s POV

I waited as Yoona was getting ready for our so called ‘date’ to the carnival. I could of spent my time with Tiffany, but knowing Yoona, she wouldn’t stop until she gets what she wants, I obliged.  I looked at my watch and sighed, what’s taking her so long? It’s not like we’re going on a romantic date.

“Kyu!” She hugged me from behind, making me unstable. I huffed and looked at her.

“Is it okay if I bring one of my friends along?” She looked up at me and smiled, I didn’t miss the glint of rebelliousness that her face displayed. Her face wasn’t foreign to me, but it was suspicious, she’s a mystery. She might kill you in a second if you let your guard down. I played along, afraid that she might do something unexpected.

“Of course, who is it?” I tried to smile, as if I was interested.

“You’ll find out. We’ll meet her at the carnival. Let’s go, she must be waiting for us right now.” She grasped my hand and pulled me out of the house and straight in to the car. I started the engine and drove off towards the carnival. I’ve never went to this carnival before, maybe because I wasn’t interested. I could bring Tiffany along next time. I parked  the car and got out of it. Yoona cling on to my hand tightly, she grabbed me towards a bench. A girl was sitting there her back facing us. Her wavy hair reminded me of someone. But, it can’t be… Yoona patted the girls’ back. The girl greeted her with a smile, but her face dropped as soon as she saw me. I’m doomed.

--

Tiffany’s POV

I turned around as soon as I felt someone patting me. I smiled as I saw Yoona, but I was slightly disappointed when I saw Kyuhyun’s face. Why didn’t he tell me? I stood up and bowed.

“Tiffany!! I’m sorry if WE were late.” Yoona emphasized on the word “WE”.

“Oh, no. It’s okay. I just arrived actually, Hyukjae dropped me off.” I took a glance at Kyuhyun, who was painfully staring at his feet. I took a deep breath. I shouldn’t make stupid assumptions right? Maybe they’re going to this carnival to revive their relationship, as friends. Yes, that’s right as friends. I looked at Yoona who was talking to Kyuhyun excitedly, but as for Kyuhyun he replied with a nod at everything she said.

“What do you want to do first?” I asked.

“Let’s play with that.” She pointed towards a booth. I nodded and like a puppy, followed behind them. The sight was pretty painful. Yoona clinging onto Kyuhyun as if there was no tomorrow. I never did that before. I shook away the thoughts and skipped towards them. Kyuhyun participated in the game he won two times.

“Tiffany, which one do you want?” He asked me as he won for the second time. I was taken aback, I didn’t think that he would talk to me. I looked up at him, his height always amazed me. I pointed towards the Totoro doll which made Kyuhyun smile. Only the two of us know why, Totoro is the substitute of Kyuhyun. If I can’t have him, I’ll have Totoro. He handed me the doll and smiled towards me. My heart beating rapidly as he ruffled my hair.

“I’m sorry, I’ll make it up to you.” He quickly whispered. I smiled like fool and nodded.

“Let’s ride that one.” Yoona said.

“Isn’t that for couples only?” I asked as I looked up towards the Ferris wheel. Yoona hummed in response.

“Yes, it is. You can follow if you want to.” Of course, I wanted to follow, so I quietly trailed behind them, like a third wheel. We got on to the ride, which was considered awkward since I sat alone on the other side. I caught Kyuhyun looking at me several times. I looked outside to get rid of the unwanted feelings from coming in and ruin my heart. I didn’t want that. Kyuhyun’s phone rang, his familiar ring tone made me smile. It was my voice, singing with him. I smiled sheepishly when Yoona glared at his phone.

“Hello, oh, Omma~” Kyuhyun did aegyo which was terribly cute for a guy his age.

“Dinner? You want Tiffany to come? Okay. But is it okay if I bring Yoona along?”

“Yeah, we’ll be home in a second.” He hung up his phone and winked at me. I wasn’t able to contain the happiness that I felt, so I hug Totoro tightly against my chest, imagining it was Kyuhyun.

--

I entered the house as we arrived. I bowed as I saw Ms. Cho rushing towards me, still wearing an apron.

“Aigo, Miyoung!! I missed you.” She hugged me and sighed in relief. She pulled away from the hug and looked at me lovingly. Pecking my cheeks lightly. Her face faltered as she saw Yoona walking in. I chuckled at her instant reaction. Yoona waved her hands at Ms. Cho. Now I understand why Ms. Cho doesn’t like her. Ms. Cho pulled me towards the kitchen.

“Do you need any help Ms. Cho?” I asked her as Ahra took me in a tight embrace.

“Yes, can you please cut the vegetables?” Ms. Cho looked at me with her puppy eyes. I quickly cut the vegetables.

“You went out with them?” Ahra curiously asked, she took a glance at Yoona who was trying to catch Kyuhyun attention. I nodded and sighed.

“I feel sorry for you. What happened?” I chuckled.

“It was basically Yoona trying to get Kyuhyun’s attention the whole day.” Ahra glared at Yoona’s back.

“I don’t know why. But I have a bad feeling Miyoung.” I quickly shook my head.

“I think they just want to get in good conditions.” I said. Ahra shrugged her shoulder.

“I’ll show her what you mean to us.” Ahra said.

“That’s right, we don’t want you to get hurt.” Ms. Cho sat beside me and my hair.

--

Kyuhyun’s POV

I sat uncomfortably in between Tiffany and Yoona. I saw Yoona looking at Tiffany who was talking enthusiastically to my mom. I took a glance at Ahra and saw her glaring at me and Yoona. I’m going to in trouble. Ahra already warned me about not hurting Tiffany. I’m guessing she’s going to make my life in to a living hell, as if it isn’t. I glanced at Tiffany who was being fed by my own mother. I smiled at the scene. I was used to it since my mom treats Tiffany like a baby, but this scene never really seems to get old. Yoona whispered.

“Aren’t you going to feed me?” What an absurd question.

“You can eat by yourself right.” Yoona scoffed and continued to eat quietly. I saw Ahra smirk and whispered to mom. She merely chuckled.

“Why are you laughing Ms. Cho?” Tiffany asked. I smiled as her sweet voice rang through my ears. Even her voice makes my heart beat rapidly.

“It’s nothing you should worry about, baby. It’s between me and Ahra.” Baby is one of my mom’s nickname for Tiffany. Tiffany nodded obediently.

“So, Yoona, what do you want to do after you finish your studies.” Ahra asked, suddenly taking interest.

“I want to be a model.” Yoona said and tried to smile sweetly.  I saw my mother shaking her head.

“Oh, I see.” Ahra looked at me and smiled.

“How long have you and Miyoung dated?” Ahra asked me.

“About two months already.” I heard Tiffany cough which made me chuckle.

“You guys didn’t celebrate yet?” Ahra asked again.

“Um… no…” I trailed.

“Unnie, it’s fine. It’s not like we’re married or something.” I heard Tiffany.

“But, shouldn’t it be special? Kyuhyun, you better prepare something for her.” Ahra said, a hint of threat evident in her voice. I gulped and quickly nodded.

“Good boy.” She said and once again smirked at me.

“I should go home now.” Yoona said, she immediately stood up and left. Mom attacked me.

“What were you thinking?” She scolded me.

“Omma~” I tried to get out of the situation with my aegyo. My mom pouted.

“Ms. Cho, please don’t scold him. It’s not his fault.” Tiffany coaxed my mom. She hugged Tiffany.

“Apologize to her young man.” My mom pointed at Tiffany.

“Tiffany, I’m sorry.”

“Aniyo, don’t worry, I understand Kyu. You guys are just friends right?” A hint of hope in her voice. I nodded. How can she be so optimistic?

“I’ll have to go home now. My father will be worried.” She smiled at me and left the house.

--

Author’s POV

The man looked out the window, sorrow etched on to his beautiful face, showing him… the real him. The him who yearned for love and attention. Lonely, was his name. But no one knew it, no one cared. Except for her. His phone rang, he sprang towards it and immediately picked the call.

“Hello?” He gasped.

“Hello. It’s me.” The woman whispered, her sweet yet stingy voice setting a sensation through the man’s body.

“I missed you. I really did.” His emotion spilled all over as her voice would haunt him whenever he is alone.

“I miss you too.”

“Why don’t you break up with him?” His voice sounded desperate. Being selfish is what he needs to do.

“I can’t.”

“Who do you love more? Me or him?”

“You, but give me some more time. I just want to see the both of them fall apart before I can really be satisfied with myself.” The man still didn’t understand the motif of the young woman. He sighed before once again looking out.

“They only have a month more, let them spend their time alone.” The man tried to reason out, but the woman was stubborn. Still wanting to go with her own plans.

“Listen, just help me break them up, after that we can spend all the time in the world, by ourselves. I just want to see him suffer for once.” The man hastily agreed as he heard what the woman offered.

“What do I have to do?” He asked the woman.

“Do anything, you’re smart. I’m depending on you, a lot.” The woman sighed.

“I miss you.” The man once again said. His voice broke, since he knew their relationship can’t be shown publicly. A secret, that was hard to contain. A sin.

“I miss you too. This is all going to end soon. I’m sure about it.” He smiled as the woman assured him. He hung the phone and continued to look out the window.

“I’m sorry…” Was the only thing he was capable of saying.

--

Annyeong!! I updated. So who is this mysterious man… Hmmm…

I hope you enjoy… the is on the next chapter… just a clue of what is going to happen next. Hope you can stay tuned.

Don’t forget to subscribe and comment.