Chapter 8: Touched (JM)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin quieter than usual was spacing out, twirling the spoon in the radish bowl of soup. His parents glance at one another and then back at him silently. Jimin was unable to sleep since Jeongguk offered to help him create a website for the café, yesterday. When he came home, he told his parents about it to see what they would say about it but of course, they did not reject the idea, they were excited that Jimin is making friends with such talented people even though Jimin denied that he Jeongguk are not friends. The whole conversation got him thinking about reasons why Jeongguk someone he bumped into a couple of days ago is willing to go out of his way to help him? the whole thing is surreal, no one has ever volunteered to help him out of the kindness of their hearts, people were always after something- something he learned at a young age. When he was sixteen his parents almost lost everything, their house, and jobs because someone offered to help them “better” their lives for no price- it was a good thing his parents realized sooner than later that the whole thing was a scam. What if Jeongguk is just a failed photographer looking for publicity, so he wants to use the café for his publicity?

“Argh!” shouts Jimin dropping the spoon, his parents stare at him startled,

“What’s wrong?” asks his mom,

“I’m not accepting it,” says Jimin.

“What?”

“His offer with the website, what if he is looking for some publicity and wants to use our café-it’s not good to trust someone we don’t know that well.” His parents sigh and glance at each other before bursting out laughing, Jimin stares at them puzzled.

“You know you get that distrustfulness and paranoia from your mother,” says his father.

“What do you mean? I’m not paranoid.”

“Yes, you are, it’s not a bad thing, you shouldn’t casually trust people but sometimes people do just want to help. I believe that Jeong—Jeongguk is it? Just wants to help.”

“You don’t know him,” complains Jimin, upset his parents are not agreeing with him.

“Besides,” says the mom, “He can’t use our publicity since we don’t have any, and those pictures he took are really beautiful- just let him help you.”

“You guys don’t understand,” says Jimin, getting up, “What if he asks for payments in the future? He grabs his bag and heads out of the door.

 

After opening the café, without Jihyo the day was going by slow, standing to wait for people to come in the café, he wonders if he should take Jeongguk’s offer like his parents say he should. He always wanted to create a website for the café but never found the time to do, with his old computer there is no way he would be able to create an eye-catching site. Jimin stares at the door, bored, he exhales wondering what Taehyung must be doing? If Taehyung was here, he would him sort out his thoughts, Jimin sighs,

“Maybe I am being paranoid,” he murmurs underneath his breath. The door opens and Jimin stands with a smile,

“Welcome!” Three girls walk in, heading towards the café, laughing and giggling. Jimin stares at them, they were here before, he recognized them. The glance at each other, whispering to each other before pushing one of the girl’s forward. Jimin stares at puzzled but still smiling, the girl walks to the counter as her friends follow.

“Hello,” greets Jimin, “Would you like to order?”

“Hi,” says the girl, turning to her friends, “Yes, I would like an Americano and a strawberry shortcake.” Jimin smiles, looking at the others, 

“You always order the same thing, you must really love it.”

“She loves your coffee and cake,” says one of her friends, laughing. Jimin smiles at the girls, as they laugh and blush.

“Thank you,” says Jimin, “I’m glad to hear that, would you guys like the same order also?”

“Yes please,” replied the two other girls.

“Please have a seat where is convenient for you, I’ll bring your order soon.”

The girls walk towards the table in the front whispering, as Jimin makes their order. He glances over at them, he can tell they were talking about him, glancing back at him every now and then. It is not the first-time customers come to the café and flirt with him, he is used to it. They flirt, he flirts back and goes back to doing his job, services jobs always come with their ups and downs, and there is no harm in making a customer feel good about herself or himself, innocent flattery that makes the customer come back and stay loyal to the café.

After serving them their coffee, Jimin came back with their desserts, placing them on the table, as he flashes his killer smile that would make anyone fall to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter