Chapter 3: Angel's Cafe (JK)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk sat in front of his computer editing pictures and deciding which ones he wanted to upload on his social media accounts that he uses to promote and share his photographs while also chatting with professional photographers around the world. He had many followers who share the same passion for photographing like he does. The day went fast, the afternoon sun was already shining in the middle of the sky, he has a date at four with Dahyun, so he decided to stay indoors and work on his photographs.

Jeongguk looks at the time, not realizing he lost track of time, it was already three o’clock and he still must shower and get ready. He sighs, wondering why he gives in to her demands sometimes, she called him at nine in the morning asking him to have breakfast with him, but he told he was busy so instead, she demanded they go out on a date in the afternoon. Jeongguk protests insisting that they meet up for breakfast instead but Dahyun refused, saying that he was busy in the morning, so he should be free in the afternoon and hung up the phone before he could put in another word. The Jeons and Kims have always been family friends, so Dahyun and Jeongguk grew up playing with each other, attending the same schools and having the same circle of friends. He has always seen her as a friend and was surprised when their parents decided to get them engaged.  Jeongguk protested it, not wanting to be tied down at a young age but his father would not hear it especially with Dahyun agreeing to it. He knew if he kept fighting his father, he would waste his time, so he decided it would be best to go with the flow- do what his parents want for the time being until he finishes school.

After getting dressed, putting on his ripped-up jeans, white shirt with a red jacket. He grabs his shoulder bag with his camera, figuring he would go take pictures after their date. He heads downstairs. Dahyun would be at the COEX mall, with her overly expensive clothes and jewelry, impatiently waiting for him, she has always been an early arrival to everything. On his way out, Jeongguk bumps into his uncle, Yoongi, his mother’s younger brother by fourteen years. Jeongguk always found their interesting. His uncle glares at him confused to why Jeongguk was rushing out of the door.

“Why are you in a hurry?” says Yoongi, Jeongguk apologizes for the rudeness, he has always been close to his uncle like a brother even though his stone cold expressionless face always made Jeongguk fear him more than his father sometimes.

“I’m late,” explains, Jeongguk, “I’ve to meet up with Dahyun.” Yoongi nods his head, giving him permission to leave, Jeongguk smiles. 

“Drive carefully.”

“I will,” he replies walking away as his uncle watches him head to the car before heading inside. Jeongguk places his bag on the passenger seat and gets in his 2018 Bentley, a birthday present from his parents.

As he approaches a red light, he sighs, staring at the clock that reads three-forty, no matter how fast he speeds, there is no way he is going to arrive at four o’clock on the dot. He exhales not in the mood in hearing Dahyun nag at him for being late despite her being younger than him by a year. Jeongguk arrives at the parking lot and heads towards the mall entrance, late by a minute. He spots Dahyun standing near the entrance, her long brown hair straight and down her side, which was weird since she always has them in a ponytail. She was dressed in a high waist black shorts with a pink crop top and black boots, exposing her tiny waist and wide-set hips, her stunning figure matched well with her baby face. Her arms were crossed with her bag hanging down her shoulder, Jeongguk sighs as he quickly makes his way towards her. Their eyes meet, and Dahyun breaks out in a huge grin, walking towards him and taking his hands.

“Oppa, you're late.”

“Sorry, I got caught up with something, you look nice today,” he says, hoping showering her with compliments will stop her from nagging at him or else he is never going to hear the end of it. Dahyun glares at him, pouting, now what?

“Only nice?” she says, tacking her hair behind her ear, as she waits for Jeongguk to choose different words.

“I mean you look beautiful, very beautiful.” Dahyun chuckles and hooks her arm with his, leaning her head against his shoulder.

“You look handsome too,” she says, “I’m glad you dressed up, you usually show up in sweats and sweaters.” Jeongguk smiles.

“Let’s go.”

They head inside the mall, as always, the place was packed, the walkways flow with rivers of people, not a sharp angle to be seen. It smells like heaven and the floor shines like the surface of a lake at sunrise. The background is music soothing and gentle. Jeongguk realizes it has been a while since he had a date at the mall, he did not know how to react, just following Dahyun, walking towards a clothing department, Twee. He walks behind her as she touches a blouse, picking it up and placing it against her body, turning to Jeongguk to get his thought on it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter