Chapter 11: Night Friends (JK)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk woke up, he was unable to sleep all night, thinking about the article on Angel’s Café. He hated to see Jimin so upset and to think about the article written by someone who he rejected, fueled his anger even more. He sighs, as he clenches the chopstick unable to eat. His sister glances at him, wondering what is wrong with him? oblivious to his family staring at him, Jeongguk spaces out.

“I heard you took Dahyun to a dinner date,” says Chae-young. Jeongguk sighs, staring at his plate, not hearing his sister.

“Hello…I’m talking to you, Jeongguk,” she says frowning at him for ignoring her. Jeongguk looks up at her,

“What?”

“Oh my god, seriously? Where is your mind at?”

“Sorry, I was thinking about what company I should work at…” he says, clearing his throat, “What were you saying?”

“Nothing, just that Dahyun could not stop talking about the dinner date, she is so happy, it’s weird.”

“Oh…”

“I’m glad you’re taking things seriously,” says his mom. Jeongguk glances at her and goes back to eating, avoiding being asked any other questions. He takes a sip of his drink and clears his throat,

“Say, mom, if a magazine writes a negative review about a business but they’re biased, it’s possible to sue them?”

“Well, it depends on the effects of the review and how biased it is, why do you ask?”

“Just curious.”

“Why don’t you ask Uncle Yoongi, he’s a lawyer,” says Chae-young. Jeongguk gasps, he completely forgot about his uncle being a lawyer and a good one at that. He looks at his watch, he still might at home,

“May I be excused?”

“Sure, go ahead,” replies his mom. Jeongguk smiles and gets up. He quickly leaves the house, hoping to catch his uncle before he goes to work.

 

Jeongguk sighs, just one more turn until he is at his uncle’s condo, but traffic was being ridiculous. He eyes ball the light, tapping the steering wheel,

“Come on, come on,” he mutters underneath his breath, he looks at his watch, biting his lips. He wants to see Jimin with good news, hoping that will cheer him up, hearing Jimin telling him to mind his own business made him upset but he understood he was upset. He did not want to press with the offer to help when he had no idea what to do either. Jeongguk reaches his Yoongi’s condo, he sighs with relief when he his car in the driveway. Jeongguk gets out of the car and heads upstairs, looking for his apartment number. He takes a deep breath before knocking on the door, he knows his uncle would be upset at him for showing up announced but there is no turning back now. After a few minutes of standing outside, the winter breeze brushing against his cheeks, the door finally opens. His uncle stares at him, expressionless, cuffing up the buttons on his sleeve, dressed in his white collared long sleeve shirt and black pants with a black tie and black shoes.

“Good morning,” greets Jeongguk with a huge grin, Yoongi sighs and walks back. Jeongguk laughs and walks in closing the door.

“Why’re you here so early?”

“Can’t I come to visit my favorite uncle?” Yoongi scoffs, turning to him,

“What happened to your face?”

Jeongguk clears his throat, touching the purple bruise he got from when Jimin accidentally punched him. He chuckles, he got a lot of crap from his father when he saw the bruise, but he was able to explain that he just fell.

 “I fell…I need your help with something.”

“Fell? Hmm? Okay.”

“Professional help, a lawyer’s help.” 

“Did you eat breakfast?” asks Yoongi, sitting down, Jeongguk nods his head, “Have a sit, what do you need help with? Is it serious?”

“Well, it’s not me, it’s a friend of mine.”

“Friend?”

“Yes, anyway he owns a café and recently he received a negative review of the cafe from a woman he rejected, I was wondering if there is anything he can do legally.”

“Well, you can always do something when it comes to a business, but ignoring reviews is usually the best thing to do, they're pointless.”

“Well, not for him, his café cannot afford to lose money, he needs it, so can he like to sue her or something.”

“He can sue for slander and defamation because her article is biased, she was rejected so she went out to hurt him financially. He can file a lawsuit against the person not the magazine per se, but he is going to have to prove that statements are false and that the statement harmed him. When was this article written anyway?”

“Yesterday.”

“That’s tricky because he still does not have the evidence that his café is losing money because of the article.”

“So, he can’t do anything other words?” asks Jeongguk, disappointed. Yoongi stares at him for a second.

“You seem to care about him a lot, is he a close friend?” Jeongguk looks up at his uncle, he chuckles nervously at his uncle choice of words.

“Yeah he is a friend, I always help out my friends.”

“You don’t have any friends aside from Dahyun and your sister, who is he?”

“A friend I meet a couple of days ago.”

“You know, I have a friend who works at a travel magazine that is more popular than, In & Out, she can write her own review of his café, why waste money on a lawyer.” 

A huge grin splash across his face.

“Really? Thank you, uncle.”

“You came here early in the morning for this?” Jeongguk nods his head, smiling goofily, his uncle always spoiled him despite being shorter tempered than his father.

“Thank you again.”

“I’ll give my friend a call, do you have your friend’s number, I’ll have her contact him.” Jeongguk nods his head and gives Jimin’s business number to his uncle.

“What’s the name of the café?”

“Angel’s Café.”

“Okay,” says Yoongi, “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to head to work.” 

“Thank you.”

“Bye.”

“Bye, you’re awesome.” Yoongi chuckles, shaking his head as he gets up and heads to his room. Jeongguk gets up and heads out, excited to tell Jimin the news.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter