Chapter 17: Unrequited Love?

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk takes a deep breath, he has been trying to talk to his sister about her taunts from yesterday and learn what she thinks she knows but she has not been home. He was preoccupied with looking for a company he wanted to start working at and some of the online courses for his photography and film, but he has not been able to accomplish anything. He has been worried all day about how and when to talk to Dahyun, even though his sister was being annoying, she was right about one thing, he must end things with Dahyun if he is having feelings Jimin. Despite wrecking his mind thinking, he could not come up with any other way than just breaking up with Dahyun and yet he found himself sitting in the car in front of Angel’s Café. Jeongguk brushes his hair back, trying to work up the courage to get out of the car and go see Jimin, to at least know why he left so abruptly and what is feeling and thinking the kiss? 

Jeongguk’s hand reaches the doorknob, “Come on,” he mutters but as he is about to open the door, he sees Jimin on the sidewalk heading to the café, and beside him was a familiar face. Jeongguk’s eyes widen, remembering the boy with Jimin, it was Kim Taehyung, the son of his uncle’s boss, he met him at party events. How does he know Jimin? Jeongguk stares at them, laughing and chattering. He holds his breath behind his pursed lips, tongue against his lips. His eyes following them as they head inside the café, the door closing behind them. Jeongguk exhales, there is no way he can go in and talk to Jimin now, Taehyung knows him, and he does not know him well enough to take chances. He knew Taehyung is close to his uncle, he has always been, that’s how they met.  Jeongguk exhales and turns on the engine driving out of the parking lot.

 

As he approaches a red light, his hands were clenched to the wheel, tapping his finger against the wheel, to steady himself, not understanding why his heart was hurting. Jeongguk snickers, as the beep comes from the car behind him, he looks up and realizes the lights changed. He sighs and drives as to not agitate the impatient driver behind him. Jeongguk parks the car and heads inside the house, oblivious to his surrounding as his mind searches for satisfactory reasons to why Jimin knew Taehyung- they are from completely two worlds, how would they even meet. As he walks into the house, Jeongguk was oblivious and bumps into his sister, his sister shriek as she fumbles backward trying not to fall. Jeongguk reaches out and grabs her hand, helping her steady her foot.

“What hell?” she says, yanking her hand away, “Why do you walk like you don’t have eyes?”

“Sorry, noona,” says Jeongguk and starts to walk past her but stops, remembering he has been wanting to talk to her all day. He turns around,

“What?” she says,

Jeongguk clears , “What the hell was that at dinner last night?”

“What was what?”

“You were you trying to get me in trouble on purpose or something. I told you something in confidence and you throw it back in my face.”

Chaeyoung laughs, “So you were referring to yourself then?” she says crossing her arms, “So who is the you’re trying to dump my best friend for?” Jeongguk gulps, taken aback, he shakes his head and walks away.

“Mind your own business.”

 

He slams the door behind him and falls on his bed, he takes a deep breath, calming himself. Picking a fight with his sister is the least he should since she knows he is planning on breaking up with Dahyun. Jeongguk curses himself forever telling her anything, forgetting how vindictive she can be sometimes and how does he not only owe her a favor, but she also knows he has feelings for someone else. It’s a good thing she does not know the someone is not a girl but a guy, she’ll have a field day if she ever finds out. Jeongguk closes his eyes and the image of Jimin and Taehyung flashes in his mind and he quickly opens his eyes, wondering how they know each other. He bites his lips, the thought of Jimin laughing and hanging out with another guy made his chest ache, Jeongguk sits up, ruffling his hair and groans, annoyed. He looks at his watch and it was almost four o’clock, he grabs his car keys and heads out the room. He must find out how Jimin knows Taehyung or else he’ll go insane.

 

Jeongguk reaches the café but sits in the car instead, searching on how to approach him. Jimin did not call him since the kiss and he also did not call either, maybe Jimin is upset. What if he is disgusted and hates me? Jeongguk takes a deep breath before talking himself out of talking to him, he quickly opens the door and walks towards the café. His hand shakes as he reaches for the door and slowly opening it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter