Chapter 19: The Break Up (JK)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Jeongguk drives home, he couldn’t stop grinning, his cheeks and ears red, not believing that he kissed Jimin on the cheek. He thought his heart was going to burst out of his chest during the whole dinner, he felt the tension throughout his body. He was glad when he kissed him on the cheek, he did not resist, his heart flutters, he wanted to experience what he felt when they shared their first kiss, but he knows rushing it when Jimin is not ready to talk about it would only make things worse. Jeongguk chuckles finally gaining the confidence that maybe Jimin doesn’t hate him after all. He arrives at home, sitting in the car for a couple of seconds to gather himself. He gets out of the car, bumping into his sister and her boyfriend, Taemin. Jeongguk clears his throat, trying not smile a lot and give himself away to his nosy sister.

“Good evening, hyung, noona,” he greets them. They smile at him, as he walks past them, heading inside the house. One of the maids approaches him,

“Sir, your father is asking for you.”

“My father?” says Jeongguk, puzzled, “What for?”

“He is in his office.”

He sighs, “Okay.”

 

He stands in front of his dad’s home office, deeply inhaling and exhaling, wondering what his father wants to talk to him about. It must be serious since he asked him to come to his office. He lightly knocks on the door, waiting,

“Come in,” says his father, his voice muffled through the door. He reaches the doorknob and opens the door.

“You called for me?”

“Yes, have a sit.”

He scans the room, cautioned as he tries to feel out the mood, his father did not seem upset. He seemed to be busy as usual with work. He takes a sit as he dad moves the laptop aside.

“Relax, you’re not in trouble,” says his dad chuckling as if he can sense how stiff he is. He sighs, despite his father assuring him that he is not in trouble, he could not help but feel even tenser.

“I called you because I want to know if you made a decision yet?”

“Decision?”

“Yes, about the company you want to work at,” says his father, staring at him. , I completely forgot.

“Um…I still haven’t decided anything yet.”

His father sighs, “I know right now it feels like I’m forcing things on you but everything I’m doing is for your own good, you know, that right?”

Jeongguk stares at his father, wondering where all this is coming from, he has never had such a sensitive topic with his father before, the whole atmosphere was making him nervous.

“I know,” he replies, “I’m really looking, I just can’t find anything.”

“Hmm, well, you still have time,” says his father, “Anyway, there is one more thing I would speak with you.”

“Yes?”

“Your mother brought to my attention that you’ve been spending a lot of time outside the house lately, more than usual, missing dinners and leaving before eating breakfast. Is something going on?”

Jeongguk clears his throat, his stomach shifts uneasily, clasping his hands on his laps, biting his lips. His mind wandering off to different things, is his mother suspecting something? Did Chaeyoung blub to his mother again?

“Jeongguk?”

“Yes?”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yes, I’m just taking pictures, I guess I lose track of time sometimes.”

“Well, try not to miss dinner so much, it’s the only family time we have together.”

“Yes father,” he replies.

“Okay that’s all, you can go to bed.” Jeongguk forces a smile as he gets up, heading towards the door, wanting to leave so quickly afraid his father would figure out he is lying. He bids his father goodnight and closes the door behind him. Leaning against the door, he exhales, relieved as his nerves settle down. He heads to his room, wondering what would happen if his father learns of his feelings for Jimin. Just the thoughts of it made his body shiver with fear. He has never known people as conservative as his parents, there is no way they would accept him being gay and aside from being conservative, his father’s reputation and company mean everything to him.

 

As soon as he woke up and came back from his jogging, Jeongguk decides the only way to get his father and mother of his back is find a company to work for. He has been at his computer looking through all the companies and finally started searching in the subsidiaries, hoping to find something. His eyes stop at JG Advertising, he clicks on the company, taking him to the website, after reading through it, his interest peaking, he goes to the employment link and clicks on it. The company is hiring, Jeongguk stares at it if there is a company that comes close to his interest it must be in Advertising. He smiles, at least this he will have experience in marketing and sales, most of all, advertising companies also deal with photography, designing and videography, this is the closest he is going to get to a job he will benefit from. He marks down the company, planning on telling his father about it after doing more research on it tomorrow. He exists out of the websites, his mind wandering, he goes on Facebook, clicking on Jimin’s café website since it was the only social media he has. Jeongguk himself does not enjoy using such platforms but he was forced to make one by Dahyun, even though he never updated anything. He goes through the Café website to see any updates aside from the pictures he has uploaded. The website was getting a lot of good reviews and Jeongguk was glad, he hates Jimin having to take everything on his shoulders. He goes through the comments underneath the menus and coffees and was pleased with his work.

 

After nearing spending, the entire day in his room, Jeongguk takes a shower and puts on his black t-shirt and jeans, he grabs his sweater. He wanted to visit the café to take more pictures of it. He grabs his camera and as he opens the door, he bumps into Dahyun who was about to knock but stops as the door opened.

“Dahyun?”

“Hey.”

“What’re you doing here?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter