Chapter 14: Heat of the Moment (JM)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin wore his black turtleneck and an orange sweater for the cold weather. It's been a long time since he went out anywhere aside from café and home. With his mom taking care of the café, he accepted Jeongguk’s invitation to accompany him even though he did not ask where he was so excited that he could not sleep. Jeongguk called him earlier in the morning and told him, they are going to Namdaemun Market, Jimin didn’t bother to ask him why he specifically wanted to go take pictures there but it’s been a while since he went to any type of market. He could not figure out if he was excited about having the day off or hanging out with Jeongguk, since that weird dream he cannot stop blushing when he thinks of him. 

He spaces out, with the spoon in his mouth, his mind overwhelmed trying to figure if it is a good idea to spend the entire day with him. His father looks up from his bowl of Kimchi stew and glances at him. His father clears his throat, Jimin looks at him, puzzled.

“This friend your going with, is not Taehyung?”

“Um, no Taehyung went on a trip, he should be back this week, this is the boy I told you guys about, the photographer.”

“Hmm…are you guys close friends now?”

“I mean…I guess so…af…after everything he has done for us, it would be rude of me to turn down his friendship.” His dad chuckles,

“I’m glad you’re making more friends, you work too hard. I get worried sometimes, make sure you enjoy yourself,” he says going back to his food, Jimin stares at him for a second before continuing eating. 

 

After doing the dishes, Jimin looks at his watch, Jeongguk should here in a few minutes to pick him up. Jimin rinses his hands and goes to his room to grab his black mini backpack, in case he decides to buy something which was unlikely, seeing how he hates spending money. His mom insisted he buys some fish and brings it home, giving him money before leaving for the café. Jimin’s phone beeps and it was a message from Jeongguk, letting him know he has arrived. Jimin goes to the living room where his father was sitting at,

“Hey dad I’m leaving, make sure you take care now, don’t overwork yourself.”

“Take care of yourself.”

Jimin gets down the stairs and was met with a cold wintry mist on his skin. He shivers, feeling chilly before spotting a luxurious yellow car on the side of the road in front of the apartments, the car took Jimin by surprise, he never really looked at his car before now. That’s a fancy car. The window rolls down, and Jeongguk waves at him, Jimin smiles and walks towards the car. 

“Good morning hyung,” greets Jeongguk, leaning over to open the door. Jimin chuckles as he pulls the door aside and gets in the car.

“Good morning,” replies Jimin as he closes the door. As he puts on his seatbelt, his eyes scan the car, his gaze darts at Jeongguk. He wore a white hoody with black jeans and a black snapback, he looked like a college boy heading to school. Jeongguk glances back at him and smiles,

“It’s a bit colder than yesterday today,” he says his eyes scanning Jimin’s face with a concentrated focus that made Jimin turn away. He crosses his ankles and leans on the armrest.

“Yeah, it said it’s going to rain this week.”

“Yeah, hopefully not today,” says Jeongguk, “Shall we?” Jimin nods his head, yes and Jeongguk starts the car. 

 

A slow song Jimin did not recognize was playing on the stereo, aside from glances and smiles, the drive was quiet, Jimin was impressed with Jeongguk’s driving skills. He drove little faster than him yet made it look so smooth and each time there was a turn, there was a subtle tilt of his head as if he was marking the car’s movement. The drive to the market is a long one, with every passing moment made Jimin anxious, this is the first time in a long he has been in someone’s car other than Taehyungs. Feeling awkward, he glances at Jeongguk, wondering if he’s always been a quiet person, he fidgets with hands before clearing his throat.

“How often do you go take pictures?” Jeongguk glances at him for a second before turning back,

“Every chance I get, I don’t get time when school opens,” he replies.

“Wow, why photography?”

“Hmm? Honestly…I don’t know, I always loved taking pictures of things, capturing moments.”

“I thought you were going to say something like, ‘I love making moments last forever through my pictures,’” teases Jimin. Jeongguk laughs, gazing at him for a second before averting his eyes back on the road. Jimin softly sighs, relieved he broke the ice.

"How about you hyung, what would be doing if you weren't running a cafe?" 

Jimin turns to him taken aback by his question, no has ever asked him that, he smiles at the thought of it. 

"Is something wrong?" 

"No, if I wasn't running the cafe I would probably be attending dance school, I wanted to be a dancer," he says, shyly. Jeongguk glances at him and catches his gaze, 

"I knew it would something eloquent." 

Jimin chuckles, "eloquent? you have such weird vocabulary, why eloquent?" 

Jeongguk clears his throat, Jimin notices the resemblance of a smile, "You're too beautiful to be a barista, it's only right you want to work in such an expressive career. Dancing is a form of art, you seem like someone who expresses himself through art." 

Jimin stares at him, eyes wide open and mouth open, loss at the word but his face betrayed him as he cheeks turn red as a cherry, he has never heard anyone compliment him in such an artistic way. They gaze at each other, before bursting out laughing, 

"As excepted for a photographer," says Jimin, smiling shyly, "Your choice of words is interesting."

 

With the Monday traffic, the drive to the market took longer than they anticipate, with Jeongguk apologizing for the long wait in traffic. Jimin laughed it off, reassuring him everything was alright and that he did not mind. After arriving, they had to find a parking spot at the parking lot at one of the Gate and then walk the rest of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter