Chapter 21: Love Storm Warnings (JK)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk could not help being worried, he spent all day yesterday avoiding his parents, spending his time outside, going to JG Advertising and speaking to the supervisor. Despite trying to conceal his identity the entire Agency already knew who he was, how could they not? And after getting a tour, he never asked for, he found the company to be interesting. It was not as huge as the other subsidiaries, he could tell his father does not personally pay attention to it, after learning that, he told the supervisor he was interested in working there. Of course, the look he got is one he excepted, the son of the CEO, applying to work in an entry-level job, sounded like something from a movie. By the time he was done at the Agency, it was already late, so he decided to go to his uncle and spending the night there, taking him by a surprise. It took his all to avoid going to Angel’s Café, but he did not feel confident showing up there after confessing his feelings, scared his presences will pressure him. He was not even sure if Jimin felt the same way, which is why he did not go to the café as well. He still could not wrap his mind around the fact that he kissed and confessed to Jimin. As much as he wanted to rejoice in the fact that Jimin wanted him to kiss him as much as he did, he could not help but feel scared. What now? He wonders, what happens now?”

 

Breakfast was filled with silence, as his sister glares at him, Jeongguk has a feeling she knows something but why she is not saying anything was a mystery. She should be biting his head off now, he did break her best friend’s heart.

“So, school is starting soon,” says his father, breaking the silence. Jeongguk looks up as that question only referred to him, “Found any company yet?” 

“Yes,” replies Jeongguk, “I already applied for it, JG Advertising.”

“JG Advertising?”

“Yes, it’s one of our subsidiaries,” he replies, “It’s interesting and the only company close to school and what I want to do.”

“Well, alright, as long as you found something,” says his father. Jeongguk could tell by the look on his face that he did not completely agree with it, but his father has always been a man of his word. Jeongguk clears his throat, glancing back at his sister who scoffs.

“What’s wrong with you?” asks his mother.

“Nothing,” she says, turning to Jeongguk, “He has a way of going around and achieving what he wants to do. Very clever.”

“Yes,” says his father, “I’m proud he can negotiate and hold his end of the deal.”

“Sure, don’t be disappointed later,” says Chaeyoung, sarcastically, shaking her head as she goes back to eating. Jeongguk glares at her, annoyed.

 

After breakfast, tired of Chae-young's snickers and remarks at breakfast, Jeongguk decided to confront her. He knocks on her door, impatiently waiting, after a minute he knocks on the door again. The door swings open and Chaeyoung stood there glaring at him.

“Why’re you knocking at my door like that?”

“What the hell is your problem, noona?” he asks, snapping. She gasps, feeling insulted by the tone of his voice but he could not help it.

“I can’t believe you broke up with Dahyun?” she says, crossing her arms. Jeongguk stares at her, not surprised, he had a feeling she knew.

“It’s none of your business,” he says, “Just cut it out with those remarks to dad.” 

“Why? Scared?”

“Just mind your business,” says Jeongguk turning around.

“Hey,” calls Chaeyoung, Jeongguk ignores her walking towards his room. He can hear his sister’s footsteps behind him, he sighs and stops walking.

“Is this the same girl you were talking about before?” she asks, “She is the reason you broke up with Dahyun.” Jeongguk stares at her, not in the mood to entertain her, letting her talk as his eyes look around, scared his mom might hear since she is still home.

“She must be a beautiful girl,” she says, “How long has it been going on for?”

“Why’re you getting involved in my business?”

“Dahyun’s business is my business and she is in love with you, , how can you just dump her like that?”

“What’s going here?” asks his mother, coming from the restroom. Jeongguk stares at her wide eyes, heart racing, wondering if his mother heard what they were talking about. He glances over to his sister, giving her the “you better shut your mouth look.” His sister scoffs, crossing her arms, as they have a staring contest in silence.

“What’s going here?”

“Nothing, mom,” replies Jeongguk.

“Yeah, we were bickering as usual,” says Chaeyoung, “Excuse me, I’m gonna go meet up with Dahyun.” Jeongguk watches her as she turns around, walking back to her room, the door shutting behind her. He sighs relieved Chaeyoung kept shut for once. He clears his throat, turning back to his mother, with a forced nervous smile. Expressionless, his mother stares at him, serious as usual, Jeongguk avoids her gaze, scared she’ll figure out everything with just one look into his eyes.

“Jeongguk,” she says finally, “Why’re did you sleep at your uncle’s last night?”

“Huh?”

“I did not bring it up at breakfast because I did not want to upset your father, but your uncle told me you were sleeping over. Any reason you’re avoiding home?”

“No.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes mom, I slept at uncle because it got late…I went to ask him something but…”

“Just know everything you do is something that will be reflected back to your father, and me,” she says, sternly, making Jeongguk’s skin hair stand up. He fidgets with his fingers, nervously.

“I know ma,” he says.

“Don’t be a disappointment,” she says, walking away, her words stinging. Jeongguk sighs, heart sinking, his mother was right, everything he does is something that will eventually go back to his parents but Jeongguk never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter