Chapter 13: Closer to You (JK)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongguk knocks on the door, tapping his feet as he waits for his uncle to open the door. After what seemed like an eternity, the door swings open and Yoongi glares at him. Jeongguk greets him with a huge grin and holds out the bag with the chocolate mousse cake in front of him.

“What is this?” 

“Just a thank you gift,” replies Jeongguk, walking past him and placing the cake on the table.

“Gift?”

“For your help, my friend made it for you. Your friend was really nice to him.” Yoongi crosses his arms, examining him,

“Why’re so dressed up?” Jeongguk laughs, he was wearing a plain white shirt, black jeans and a red jacket, he had cologne on but who doesn’t when they are going out with friends. He clears his throat,

“Anyway, I just came to drop off your cake, he made it earlier today and since you were at work I had to leave it in the refrigerator, but I guarantee it’s delicious.” Yoongi nods his head,

“You know, now I’m curious about this special café that is making my nephew so jitters, maybe I should pay a visit once.” 

“Hahaha,” laughs Jeongguk, “You’ll love it, uncle, I got to go.”

 

Jeongguk didn’t realize how fast he drove, he arrived earlier than he anticipated, Jimin and Jihyo were closing. Jeongguk decided to help Jimin mop the floor. As he moves the mop side to side Jeongguk steals a glance at Jimin who was moping the other side while Jihyo cleans up behind the counter. Jimin looks up at him and he quickly averts his gaze back to the floor,

“You don’t mop a lot, do you?” asks Jimin,

“Huh? Oh, am I doing it wrong?” asks Jeongguk, freaking out. Jimin laughs,

“Not really, but you’ve cleaned the same spot for a while now, at this space you’ll never be done,” teases Jimin. Jeongguk’s face turns red and hot, embarrassed, Jimin is right, he has never lifted a mop, let alone cleaned anything in his life. He only volunteered because he did want to sit there staring at them while cleaning and coming off as a rich brat. Jimin laughs as he goes back to cleaning.

 

Walking with Jihyo in the middle of them, Jeongguk steals a glance at Jimin as they head to the MiniStop Convenience Store for a drink and snacks. Jimin decided it was better if they walk since the store was not that far but far enough for them to walk off the alcohol when they return to get their cars. Jeongguk stares at him, Jimin had his sweater tied around his waist, must be a habit. Isn’t he cold?” Jimin catches his gaze and Jeongguk turns away, clearing his throat.

“Oppa, why don’t you let Jeongguk oppa treat us to a real bar instead of a convenience store drinks?” complains Jihyo, still pouting over Jimin’s refusal when Jihyo asked Jeongguk to take them to an actual bar. Jimin glances at Jeongguk and back at Jihyo,

“Because this is my treat besides you’re welcome to go home,” he replies. Jihyo pouts starting to walk faster as if Jimin was going to make her turn around and go home. Jeongguk laughs, glancing over Jimin, who rolls his eyes at how childish she can be sometimes. They reach the convenience store after what felt like an eternity but Jeongguk liked the walk, the cold breeze disappearing when they walk into the MiniStop Store. They greet the cashier as Jihyo grabs a handheld cart, as they walk through the aisles grabbing snacks and tossing them in the cart. After paying for them and getting their receipt they found an empty table and sit down.

 

After downing down three and a half bottles of soju with a cart full of dried squids, peanuts microwaved food, the walk back to the café to fetch their cars was unsteady. None of them had anticipated drinking so much, caught in chatters and small talk, they went through three and bottles of soju and a whole cart full of food was left empty. Jeongguk glances at Jimin, cheeks red but not as drunk as Jihyo who was staggering but kept herself from falling over but they watched her as they walked.

“You’re really a good drinker,” says Jimin, Jeongguk chuckles, he should be, he has been drinking since he can remember. With all the events his parents hold, alcohol was always served beside he was holding back, not wanting to get too drunk, he wanted to make sure Jimin and Jihyo got home safely- hoping they sober up a little before reaching the café.

“Today was such a good day!” says Jimin, stretching out his arms, inhaling the cold night wind,

“It was, wasn’t it?”

Jimin moves closer to him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder, slightly hanging and tiptoeing as Jeongguk was a few centimeters taller than him. Jeongguk slightly leans towards him, their body against each other,

“I really like you a lot Jeongguk-ah,” says Jimin, gazing at him, his cheeks flushed red as the moon and street lights illuminate them. Jeongguk’s heart beat faster, finding it hard to keep eye contact with him. “You’re like a guardian angel, watching over our café.” Jeongguk laughs, gazing at him, as Jimin’s eyes look so deeply into his own, his breathing soft and a smile as soft as a morning light. Jeongguk’s eyes fall on his lips, his plump lips, so soft and pretty. Jeongguk’s body squirm, he can hear his heartbeat in his ears, if he doesn’t find an excuse to move away from him, he would surely grab and kiss him. An impulsive action that seems like a good idea in cheesy movies, but he knows it would ruin everything.

“Maybe that’s why I had…such a weird dream about you,” continues Jimin, laughing. Jeongguk stares at him,

“You dreamt about me? what was it?” he asks. Jimin stops walking, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter