Chapter 20: Confession (JM)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After walking Jihyo to her car, they wave goodbye to her, their eyes silently following the car as it disappears into the darkness. Jimin pauses, his heart racing, aware of Jungkook’s presences, still unable to wrap his mind around what just happened, he fidgets with his fingers. He glances over at him with a smile and begins heading for his car, with Jeongguk beside him. Jimin puts his hands in his sweater pocket to cover it from the cold despite being feeling hot and bothered followed by confusion. He has never felt such a strong desire for anyone, not even the girls he dated back in high school or the boy he kissed in middle school- this was no teenage crush, it was something he has been fighting for a long time. As he kept walking, hearing Jeongguk’s footstep, he was aware he was only a step behind, silently following him rather than walking beside him. 

As he approached his car, he pulls his keys out of his pockets, fixing the bag over his shoulder. Feeling his body heat, he knew Jeongguk was only a few inches away, so close that the coffee and cake scent on him was concealed by his fresh cologne. Jimin takes a deep breath, exhaling before turning around. His eyes immediately connecting with his eyes, his stomach swarmed with butterflies, making him woozy, as if reading his thoughts, Jeongguk slightly takes a step back. Jimin quickly averts his eyes to everything but him.

, should I just say goodnight and leave? What do I do now? Please say something! His mind wreck with worries, his hands nervously trembled he concealed it by rubbing them together as it was cold, Get Grip Jimin, just say goodnight and leave! As Jimin opens his mouth, no words escape, his mouth and mind were dry. Jimin sighs, clenching the car keys.

Jeongguk clears his throat, “Jimin-hyung,” he says after what seemed like an eternity. Jimin scans his face, wishing to see his expression, it was not dark, the moon and streetlights were bright enough to illuminate his face but Jimin was too nervous to look directly at him, feeling his heart pounding away against his chest. Jeongguk takes a step closer, Jimin follows his eyes as he looks around taking Jimin’s hands into his, a gesture that made his knees weak as the electricity went through his body, it took everything in him to not shrink away. Jimin swallows a lump in his throat, his gaze meeting Jeongguk’s intense, smoldering stare.

“I like you,” he says, without skipping a beat. Jimin’s stares at him dumbfounded, loss at words, mind filled with confusion and excitement.

“I’m not excepting you to respond to me tonight,” he continues, “The day I bumped into you, my life turned upside down. I was afraid to say something because I didn’t want you to push me away that when I kissed, and you kissed me back, a hit of hope-filled inside me. I don’t want to frighten you, that’s all I wanted to say.” He takes another step, leaning closer as Jimin remained still, registering the words that were spoken, his rosy cheeks, redder as the color of crimson. He slightly flinches, feeling Jeongguk’s warm breath against his skin.

“Good night Jimin-hyung,” he whispers, his mouth hovering near his ear. Jeongguk quickly kisses his cheek before turning around and heading to his car. Barely blinking and unable to move from where he stood, Jimin watches him as he stops and turns waving at him with a huge grin. Jimin smiles back at him, waving back goodbye, his hands moving on his own. He did nothing, as Jeongguk’s car pulls out of the drive away, Jimin exhales deeply as if he is taking his first breath of life.  

 

 

After such an unbelievable and restless night, Jimin was up earlier than his alarm, staring up at the ceiling. Jeongguk confessed his feelings to him and he was more confused than he is ever been in his life. He is not someone who easily falls for someone, but he did not comprehend why people dated, the only thing he cared about was the café and dancing and now those two things did not feel enough. He always felt like love is a luxury only people with money can afford to indulge in but why did he remain silent when Jeongguk confessed him instead of pushing him and telling him off. Jimin groans suddenly irritated rolling to the side and staring at the alarm clock on top of the drawer. He hopes and prays Jeongguk does not show up at the café, he would not know how to react around him, and despite being oblivious to almost everything around her, at this point, even Jihyo would be able to tell something happened between. Jimin sits up, wishing he had just turned him down last night but how could he when he could barely manage to breathe? How can he turn down someone who literally takes his breath away and leaves him speechless?

His mind preoccupied, he arrived at the café an hour early, ate breakfast and drank a cup of coffee before opening the café. Stunned at seeing the café opened before her arrival, Jihyo could not help but question him, not in the mood for her twenty questions, Jimin shrugged her off, ignoring her in the process. He just wanted to get through the day without any confusion and problems but found himself glancing at the door every time it opened, wondering if Jeongguk was going to walk in but was met with disappointment each time. As if not paying attention to his work was not enough, he already broke two cups and it has been only three hours, each time Jihyo came to the rescue, followed by questions as she cleans up the mess.

 

Standing behind the counter, hoping to not make any more mistakes, he glances over the door as it opens, it was Taehyung, in his flashy clothes and glasses as usual. Another late night? It was already in the afternoon, and he looked like he just came from a nightclub. Knowing him he probably did. Taehyung makes his way to the counter, settling in one of the stools, Jimin chuckles, staring at him.

“Laughing at my misery,” mumbles Taehyung, “That’s not nice.”

“Well, your misery is a source of entertainment,” replies Jimin, “Latte?”

“No,” replies Taehyung, taking off his glasses and placing them near his chest on his leather jacket pocket, “Just a glass of water.” Jimin scoffs, shaking his head but grabs a cup and pours water in it, placing it in front of him. Taehyung glares at him, staring at the cup and back at him.

“Since when do I drink sink water?”

Jimin sighs, “Jihyo can you please grab a bottled of water for our prince here.” Jihyo turns to Taehyung, scowling at him before stomping off to the back. Taehyung grins, lying his head on his hands, “So what have you been up too lately?”

Taehyung stays quiet for a second, “I think I’m in love.” Jimin arches his eyebrow, crossing his arms,

“Stop messing about.”

“I’m not,” says Taehyung, “I mean isn’t being in love is unable to stop thinking about someone to the point of insanity.” Jimin bites his lips, chuckling nervously, wondering what has gotten into his friend, he is not someone who cares about things like that. This was the first time he is hearing the word love from Taehyung’s mouth. It had to be today, talk about unfortunate coincidences.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter