Chapter 16: Stirred Heart (JM)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the warm water trickled down on his back, Jimin was lost in thoughts with his eyes closed. He is not could not come up with a rational reason to why Jungkook kissed him but more so why he let him? It was not like he has never kissed anyone before, he had his first and only kiss when he was a freshman in high school, and it merely a peck on the lips and that was his first kiss with another boy but he never thought much of it, friends at a young age kiss each other all the time. Why can't he forget the kiss with Jeongguk, the sensation of it made every inch of his body quiver and heart skip a beat at the thought of it. He felt more confused than angry, even though he has never thought of being with a boy but that does this make him gay? he wonders.

 

Jimin gets out of the bathroom, preoccupied with his thoughts, he slowly gets dressed for work, grabs his bag and heads to the kitchen. He hears his parents chattering as he walks in. He greets them and takes a seat, his parents glance at each other as they whisper between themselves. His mother clears , as she places a bowl of soybean paste soup with Napa cabbage, she grins at him.

“Jiminie-ah,” she says softly, “Don’t be mad at your father, I already scolded him for canceling his physical therapy.” Jimin stares at his mom and then at his father, when his dad called him to pick him up yesterday because he was having back pains, Jimin found out he has not been doing his physical therapy for a week. He asked his father why and his father said it was too expensive and a waste of money. He can get the same workouts and exercise for free by just walking or doing them at home, Jimin was still in shock about his kiss with Jungkook, he said nothing on their way home. He is angry at his father for putting money before his health but more than that he was disappointed in himself that his father had to resort to such measures to save money.

“Jiminie-ah,” says his father, apologetically, “Dad did not mean to lie to you. I just want to do something for the family, physical therapy is a waste, there are cheaper ways for me to stay healthy without spending so much money.”

Jimin sighs, “I understand,” he says quietly, “I’ll find another way for you to get the same exercises without having to go to the office.”

“No, I don’t want to create more work for you, I’ll do it myself. You already have the café to worry about,” says his father defensively. 

Jimin glares at him, “Like you did yesterday, dad, you were hospitalized again. I don’t want you to worry too much, I’ll find a something okay.”

"Yes, because I walked too much."

“Dad,” he says sternly frowning.

“Okay, okay,” says his mom, “With Jihyo off, I’ll come later to help out at the café during lunch hours. Eat your breakfast, so you’ll have strong bones to take care of us.” 

She squeezes his shoulder and Jimin forces a smile not wanting to make his parents worry. 

 

Jimin stares into the cup of coffee, shoulders slumped and his mouth in a semi-pout, he has been having a slow and clumsy day even though he tries to remain professional. He broke two cups when he was rinsing them and almost burned himself making the cakes to put on the display before opening. The day was slow by not any slower than any other Tuesdays at the café. He shakes his head violently to get rid of the distraction from his mind and focus on work, there was more at stake than his feelings of confusion. With his father not doing the physical therapy anymore, he has to find other ways to get to exercise, it was too expensive to hire a personal physical therapist to do home visits. His father would never agree to it, maybe he can find videos online of exercise he can do at home? After serving the cup of coffee to the customer, Jimin walks back behind the counter wiping it with a cloth.

 

With each passing second, he would look up as the door opened but his eyes would meet the customers wanting a fresh cup of coffee to start their day. After smiling and greeting them, they would walk up to the counter, he would take their orders and ask them to please find a seat somewhere convenient and their drinks would be ready in a minute. As he makes the coffee, his eyes linger on the door, but there was no sign of him. Jimin sighs, with disappointment, this is usually the time he would come over to the café but maybe he is busy or something, wonders Jimin. He shakes his head, cursing at himself, why should he care if Jeongguk comes to the café or not? He goes back to making the order and afterward delivers it to the customer.

“Enjoy,” he says, the door opens, and he quickly looks to see who it was, his eyes widen, and he breaks out in a huge grin.

“Taehyung,” he says, as Taehyung walks inside the café, dressed as flashy as ever, it has been a week since he saw his friend and he was happy to have someone to talk to.

“Hey,” says Taehyung, walking towards him and embracing him. Jimin laughs as he tries to push him away, but Taehyung holds on to him tighter, feeling embarrassed as the customer's glance at them, Jimin chu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter