Chapter 18: Hidden Feelings (JM)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin’s rests his hand on the bottle of beer, tracing it, laughter’s and distant conversations fill up the bar. Taehyung glances over at his friend who is unusually quiet lost in thoughts, Jimin sighs as he takes another gulp of the cold beer.

“So, what’s going?”

Taehyungs words bring him out of his thoughts as he glances at him, dumbfounded. 

“What?”

“We’ve here for twenty minutes and you haven’t said a word,” says Taehyung, “What’s going?”

Jimin takes a deep breath and exhales, staring at his reflection in the bottle before taking another gulp of it. He puts the bottle down and turns to him,

“Someone…someone kissed me a few days ago and…”

“Wait...what! who!”

Jimin glares at him, “Can you listen first?”

“Sorry, go ahead.”

Jimin clears his throat, “Anyway they kissed me, and I didn’t really hate it, in fact, I can’t stop thinking about it.”

“Have you spoke to them about it?”

“No, actually I completely shut him…I mean, I have other things to focus on, my dad doesn’t want to do his physical therapy. The rent is eating up our expenses and the café is just…anyway, I don’t have time for all these confusions.”

“Hmm? If you don’t sort out your feelings first, you won’t be able to focus on anything else you do know that?”

“I know but I really don’t have time…my café is all I want to focus on, once the café is famous and starts bringing revenue, I can do other things like taking dance classes.”

“You know since I’ve known you Jimin, I realize you always put yourself second, it’s okay to be selfish once in a while.”

“Easy for you to say,” replies Jimin as he takes another gulp of his drink, “I don’t have the luxury besides my parents already have enough to deal with without my…feelings.”

“Yeah but I hate seeing you so down.”

Jimin turns to him and smiles, “I’ll be okay.”

“Anyway, who is this person making my friend so crazy?”

Jimin laughs, “Someone who entered my life unexpectedly,” he says his voice trailing as an image of him bumping into Jeongguk flashes in his mind. He smiles to himself at the thought of it, baffled the at the turn of events.

 

Jimin stares at the door, wondering if Jeongguk was going to visit the café today since his mom invited him over for dinner. Since his talk with Taehyung last night, he wonders if he really does have feelings for Jeongguk, how could he though? He has not even known him for a long time, that kiss happened on the spur of the moment. Jimin sighs, trying not to think about it but finding it impossible. The day was going uneventful, customers coming and going, something he loved to see, now finding it a nuisance as his mind was occupied with other things. He smiles at the two girls walking in, they come up to the counter and ordered a cup of Americano and a latte, with a piece of chocolate cake. Jimin rings up their order and tells them to grab a seat anywhere convenient, the girl thanks him as they find a seat and sit down. As Jimin starts making the coffee for the customers, the doors open, and it was Jeongguk, as always with his camera around his neck. Photographing again? Trying not to make things awkward, Jimin smiles at him, and Jeongguk smiles back, walking up to the counter.

“Hi,” says Jeongguk.

“Hey,” says Jimin, “What’s up?”

“Nothing, I was just in the neighborhood,” replies Jeongguk. Jimin stares at him, he did not seem to be in a bad mood, Jeongguk catches his gaze. Jimin averts his eyes and chuckling,

“Hmm, customers ordered a chocolate cake but I’m out,” says Jimin, “I’ll have to make it from scratch, can you take these drinks over to those girls over there.”

“Oh, sure,” replies Jeongguk, as Jimin places the two cups on a silver plate and hands it to Jeongguk.

“Careful.”

“Yap,” says Jeongguk carefully taking the plate and walking over to where the girls were sitting. He doesn’t seem to be upset that I shut him down about the kiss? Maybe it meant nothing to him. I’m probably thinking too much into it.

 

After splitting the cake into two pieces and placing them on the plate, Jimin walks over to where the girls are. He gazes over to where Jeongguk is sitting fidgeting with his camera and smiles. He apologizes to the girls for the wait, the girls smile and reply it was alright as Jimin places the cake in front of them and tells them to enjoy. He walks over to where Jeongguk is s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter