Chapter 1: Serendipity (JK)

Love Maze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The park that is usually filled with kids playing on the swings and people exercising was empty. The cold air and the beams of the sunlight on his skin contradict each other, not knowing whether it should be cold or warm. The usual pink cherry trees were white and limped over waiting for spring, so they can bloom. Winter has always been Jeongguk’s favorite season to take pictures, the sun was shining but the heat was not a problem and the cold made everything stand still, it is amazing to see such sight through the lens of his camera. He inhales, and the coldness makes his body freeze, it was not snowing, it had rained a couple of days ago but today was an average day, no rain, a little bit of sunlight, it was perfect. The small breeze that past every now and then made his skin tingle but not enough to chase him indoors or make the trees move. He clicks, and the flash comes out, capturing the amazing landscape through his Nikon Camera. He stares at the photograph, impressed with his skills, he looks around, it was starting to get late if he gets home late again, his parents will chew him a new one. He sighs, disappointed as he places his camera back in his bag and starts to head out of the park. 

The silence making the landscape appear eerie yet mesmerizing, as he reaches his car, he looks at the park one last time, already making plans to come again tomorrow. Aside from being able to take amazing pictures in the winter- the school breaks are the only time he can focus on his photography, without his father's constant nagging. He knows when school starts he would not have a chance to come to the park and take pictures.

He turns on his cell phone and as soon as the screen lights up, a list of missed calls pop up, one from his mom and two from his “fiancée,” Dahyun. Staring at the phone, he groans, annoyed wondering what she wants calling him so much, even though he does not recognize the engagement he knows better than to disobey his father,  he would rather focus on taking pictures. He puts the phone aside and turns on the car.

The modern mansion house stands tall behind the iron gate surrounded by tall trees, his house has always had the best scenic view from the outside. Jeongguk press the button on his keys and the gate opens, he drives to the garage and parks the car. He looks at his watch as he stares at his mom’s car, it was already six-thirty in the evening. He opens the door and was greeted by the maid.

“Where is my mom?”

“She is in her room, young master.”

Jeongguk nods his head and heads upstairs to his room, avoiding bumping into his mother, he knows very much why she was calling him. Dahyun probably called her to complain about him not answering her phone like she always does. His mother is not a fan of Dahyun even though she likes her way more than his past girlfriends, she hates how childish and talkative she is. His mom is a strict and quiet woman who values traditional Korean girls, hates the modern type but was given no choice but to accept Dahyun since his father is the one who chose her. 

As he was about to open his door, his mother's voice comes from behind him.

“So, where were you? 

He sighs and turns around with a smile, playing it cool.

“Hi mom.” His mother glares at him with arms crossed,

“Don't you have your phone on you?” Jeongguk nods his head, “So why is your fiancée calling me?”

“It was off.”

She sighs, shaking her head,  “Hurry up and wash up for dinner, your fiancée is going to be joining us.” 

Jeongguk stares at her, mouth open getting ready to protest but the look in her eyes tells him not to get smart. He sighs and quietly nods as he watches her head downstairs.

 

After taking a shower and changing out his clothes, there was still time until dinner, Jeongguk decides to upload his pictures in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter