When You Misunderstand

Baekhyun Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my, looks like Baekhyun's caught up in another dating scandal," a young woman's voice said, just loud enough for you to hear.

No matter how immersed you were in your lung transplant report, you still heard the statement loud and clear. You jolted up, nearly tipping over your chair. 

Another voice outside the door spoke, "But doesn't he already have a girlfriend?" 

Yeah, it's me! You wanted to scream but decided to eavesdrop a little more. Surely they were mistaken...

"I'm pretty sure it's...her," the first woman said and you imagined her pointing at your office door. Finally you couldn't take it anymore and burst out the door, nearly knocking into the two women standing right in front.

They jumped in surprise. "Oh it's you!" the first lady, who had a short pixie cut cried. She looked at her friend with an unknown glint in her eye, and her friend that was so pale she rivaled Snow White, held up her phone, which was on an article titled EXO member Baekhyun cheating on girlfriend? Netizens have proof...

Right under that was a blurry photo of Baekhyun holding hands with some girl on a street you didn't recognize. Your heart dropped and you felt your throat go tight. No way. 

"Do you know about this?" Snow White asked, pouting innocently.

You didn't know what to say. Instead, you snatched the phone and stared at the picture intensely. Baekhyun's hair was black, which meant it could've been during a lot of different eras but he was indeed holding hands with a girl with her head down. She was wearing a shirt with the name of a band you absolutely hated and you gulped. 

"Who made this?" you asked, your voice barely audible. 

Pixie cut squinted at the screen. "The username is ykpopnews. It's a reliable source."

ykpopnews. You had never heard of that. That gave you the tiniest bit of hope but then what about that picture? It didn't look photoshopped and you were certain that was Baekhyun. 

"Well, that's a bit of a surprise," you mumbled, your face grim. Without another word, you went into your office, slamming the door in their faces. You stared at the ground, fists clenched.

Baekhyun cheating on you? That seemed as likely as you turning out to be a dinosaur. 

"So I guess I'm a velociraptor now..." you muttered to yourself. You glanced the the time. Your shift was over in two minutes so it wouldn't hurt to leave now. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter