When You Get In A Fight With Your Best Friend

Baekhyun Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene had been your best friend for roughly 20 years. You had met her when you were 5, and ever since that day, you were inseperable. But then again, there was no such thing as a perfect friendship. You were just realizing it now.

"Honestly, Y/N, you're so clingy," she said, turning her shoulder. You flinched, taken back, and took a step back. You were shopping with her and since it was a blowout day, the mall was full of eager shoppers wanting to get their hands on 95% off deals. Not wanting to lose your shopping partner, you stuck close to Irene. But it seemed like she was getting a bit claustrophobic.

You accidently stepped on someone's toe and they yelped. "Oh! I'm sorry!" you said, flustered. It turned out to be a middle-aged woman in your neighborhood, and to your luck, it was that extremely crabby one. 

"It's YOU!" she shrieked. "Get away from me, you brat!" she grabbed her purse and started to hit you, like how they did in those cartoon shows. People stepped out of the way and told the snappy woman to stop, but they didn't jump in to help.

"Y/N!" Irene cried, grabbing your arm, pulling you away to safety. The woman seemed a bit tired anyway, and she stormed away, muttering about how she was going to blow up your house when she got back. You made a mental note to ask Baekhyun if you could sleep over at his place. While you were thinking about Baekhyun, you spotted a Supreme brand t-shirt that he had always been longing to buy, and even though he was a millionaire, he was still careful with his money, and nobody with their head in the right place would spend that much on a t-shirt. But now it was quarter the price and only one was left.

"I need to get that!" you said, running off. You heard Irene sigh, exasperated, but you were too determined to get it before anybody else to feel bad. Irene followed you, naturally, and she gasped when she saw the Supreme t-shirt.

"Oh my God! Daniel would love this!" she remarked, picking it up right as you stuck your arm out. Daniel was her boyfriend and also a lover of Supreme. You watched as she squealed over the discount. "Oh my God, Y/N! I'm so lucky!"

You smiled weakly. "Actually...I was planning to buy that," you said, feeling guilt tear your insides apart. Irene's eyes widened and you thought she was going to give it to you but instead, she narrowed her eyes at you.

"Well, I got it first, didn't I?" she said in a tone she only used against those bullies back in high school. She never used that tone to you. Never. 

"Y-yeah, I guess..." you muttered, "I was just saying..."

You turned around to exit the store to find more deals in other sections but Irene stopped you. "No, you weren't just saying. Why do you keep running away from your problems? What's wrong with you?"

Tears were stinging your eyes but you forced yourself not to cry. "I'm not. Look, you can buy it, okay? It's for Daniel, right? He'd love it just as much as Baekhyun--you take it." You wished a giant hole would swallow you up. What would other people do in this situation?

"Wow." Irene's voice was ice-cold.

"What?" you asked, feeling nervous.

She shoved the shirt into your arms. "You take it. Since you clearly want to buy it for your stupid boyfriend."

There was one thing about you that everyone should remember: it's okay if they talk trash about you, but if they lay a finger (or a word) on any of your friends, they're dead. You slapped the t-shirt on the counter, glaring at your best friend. "Excuse me? Don't you talk about Baekhyun like that!" The cashier looked over worriedly, but after realizing it was just another "I want this; I got this first" argument, he turned back to his phone. 

Irene snorted. "Like I care. Why do you defend him that much, anyway? Just because he's good-looking and rich and husband-material? You're totally using him for money, Y/N."

A tear fell out your right eye and you felt anger rising up. "You know me better than that, Irene," you said, raising your voice. "I'd never use anyone like that!"

Irene crossed her arms, not convinced. "Look, I don't want to fight with you. You're not worth my time anymore." Then she turned around and stalked out. You were shaking and tears were streaming down your fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter