Your Attention (AU)

Baekhyun Imagines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello! This will be another AU, with Baekhyun being your brother. Enjoy~ 

"Y/N!" Baekhyun called. "It's time to go!"

You dropped your pencil and sighed. It was time to go to the basketball game you had been dreading all day long. It was against the super violent team that almost broke your neck last game. Unfortunately, you still had to face them one more time. 

Since your parents were at a business trip, your older brother Baekhyun was in charge of you for the week. It had been day 2, and you already wanted to run away. Not only was he hopeless in the kitchen, he never helped with your homework and ignored you unless he needed you to do some chore. You didn't know how you were going to last 5 more days. 

Looking in the mirror one last time, you grabbed your bag and bounded downstairs. Baekhyun was at the doorway, tapping his foot impatiently. "Yah, hurry up, will you?" he snapped.

You glared at him but didn't say anything. He wouldn't listen anyways. You slipped on your shoes and followed him to the car. Opening the passenger seat, you sat down and stared out the window.

"So...are you excited about the game?" Baekhyun asked as he pulled out the driveway. 

You grunted as an answer. But Baekhyun didn't start conversations with you much so you quickly added, "Well, we're going against that violent team. And since this is the playoffs, I'm pretty nervous actually."

Baekhyun nodded and didn't say anything for the rest of the ride. You sighed and returned to staring out the window glumly. As the car passed a park, you saw a boy push his sister on the swings. They were both smiling and even though you only saw them for a split second, you would never forget what they looked like. You sneaked a glance over to Baekhyun but he was occupied on the road. Why is it that my brother hates me? you thought. You were only 3 years younger than him but he treated you like a baby. More specifically, he treated you like a baby that didn't need help with anything while in truth, you really wanted to spend some time with him. You saw him hang out with his friends once and they had lots of fun. Why couldn't Baekhyun have fun with you? 

"We're here," Baekhyun said and got out of the car. Your legs turned into jelly as you two walked into the high school the game was held at. It just so happened to be the one Baekhyun went to. 

"Hey, Y/N," a voice sneered and you turned to see the captain of the opposite team. Her name was Martha and about two times heavier than you. You didn't know if it was of muscle or fat but were certain that she would injure you in some way today. 

"H-hi," you said weakly. Quickening your pace, you caught up to Baekhyun.

He looked at you strangely. "What's up with you?"

You stared back. "Wh-what? Nothing's wrong with me." You mustered a smile but Baekhyun surely wasn't convinced.

"You seem really nervous. I don't think I've seen you this nervous before," he said.

That's because you never pay attention to me, you thought. But out loud you said, "Post game jitters, I guess."

Baekhyun shrugged as he opened the door, not bothering to hold it for you and the side hit your head. "Ouch!" you cried before fall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter