Chapter 7

The Jeon Family

   “I swear if I find a single thing out of place when we get back you're both spending eternity in your rooms.” Jimin repeated for the third time that night. Chaelin rolled her eyes while Haneul groaned.

  “Ya we know.” They chorused and Jimin huffed, using his phone screen as a mirror to fix his hair .

   “Dad’s seen you with bed hair, I doubt he'll care if there's a strand out of place.” Chaelin mumbled, earning a glare from the other man.

   “Brat.” He muttered.

   “You ready baby?”

    All three of them turned to face Jungkook who was now leaning against the living room door frame. The said man let out a low whistle as his eyes landed on his husband.

    “Man. I married a hot piece of .” The kids gagged while Jimin rolled his eyes.

    “Language.” He warned, smacking the other playfully.

    “Alright kids, we'll be on our way.” Jungkook announced, leading Jimin towards the garage door.

    “Remember, not a single thing out of place.” Jimin called back before the door closed behind them.

 

………………

 

    “This is nice.”

    Jungkook looked up from where he'd been about to take a bite out of his steak. Jimin was staring at him, lips pulled into that same smile that he'd fallen in love with years ago.

   “Ya.” He answered, attempting to put his fork down, but instead dropping it unto the ground. He swore, hurriedly dipping down to pick up the cutlery. Jimin giggled as he resurfaced.

   “You're just as much of a mess as when I first started dating you.” He joked and Jungkook pouted.

    “Oh come on, I wasn't that bad.” He defended and Jimin rose a brow.

     “You drenched us both in sauce on the first date and got us kicked out of the movie theater on the second, it's a miracle that I didn't dump your .” Jungkook gaped with a false look of offense.

     “What do you mean I got us kicked out of the theatre? You're the one who dared me to shout out a spoiler…” He rebutted and Jimin shook his head.

    “Didn't think you'd actually do it.” He mumbled and Jungkook chuckled.

    “I was in love, I would have done anything.” He defended and Jimin scoffed, cheeks turning a slight shade of pink.

    “Oh shut up.”

    “Aww you're so cute~” Jungkook cooed and Jimin sent him an empty glare.

    “Why did I marry you again?” He asked.

    “Oh be quiet. Like you could have given up all of this.” Jungkook answered, gesturing to himself. Jimin scoffed.

    “Sure whatever you say Romeo.”

 

………….

 

    “It's so quiet that I'm afraid to get back home. Chances are the kids have already set the house on fire by now.” Jimin whined, leaning into his husband. They'd stopped at a nearby park, not having wanted the night to come to an end so quickly. Now they were seated on a bench, leaning into each other as they watched the night unfold. Jimin giggled, earning a curious look from his husband.

     “What's so funny?” Jungkook asked and the other shook his head.

     “Nothing. Just remembering when you proposed.” Jungkook groaned.

     “Oh god no. Don't remind me.” He mumbled and Jimin giggled again, remembering how his husband had dropped unto his knees that night in the middle of some random chick flick they'd been watching in the living room of their old busted apartment. Jimin had cried that night, it had all felt like a fairytale. Later he'd asked Jungkook why he'd decided to ask when they were at home rather than at some fancy restaurant or extravagant date, to which the other had answered…

      “I knew you'd cry so I didn't want it to be in public. I know how much you hate crying in public.” Jimin swore that he'd fallen even more  in love.

     “I love you.” Jimin whispered, looking up at the man he'd chosen to spend all of his life with. Jungkook grinned down at him.

     “Of course you do.” He answered and Jimin smacked him lightly.

     “I'm being serious Kookie.” Jungkook beamed at the nickname.

     “I know.” He answered, leaning down to plant a peck on the others forehead.

     “I love you too.”

 

……………

 

     Jimin absentmindedly thrummed his fingers on his lap, humming along to the slow jazz that streamed out the radio.

     “We should do this more often.” He announced, looking up at his husband. Jungkook nodded, eyes glued on the road.

     “We should, but you know...time.” He answered and Jimin huffed.

     “And kids..” He added.

     “And let's not forget work too.” Jungkook mumbled. A short pause settled between them before they both spoke, words overlapping.

     “Speaking of work..”

     “Your promotion..”

     They both chuckled and Jungkook gestured for the other to speak first.

     “We have two weeks right? To decide.” Jimin asked and Jungkook nodded.

     “Ya.” He answered. Jimin sighed, his lips the way he always did when he was unsure of something.

     “What do you think?” He questioned and Jungkook pursed his lips.

     “I think it'll be nice. Maybe we're due for a change in environment.” He replied and Jimin’s eyebrows dipped slightly.

     “I don't know, do we need a change in environment? I mean everything we've worked so hard to achieve is here….my clients, the kids and their friends…” He defended and Jungkook sighed.

     “But it's a promotion Jimin. Who says no to a promotion?” Jimin bit his lips, shaking his head as he turned to face his husband.

     “Maybe we should talk about this later Kookie. It’s date night.” He suggested and Jungkook nodded.

     “Ya. We have two weeks anyways. There's no rush.” Jimin nodded as well.

     “Right. No rush.”

 

…………….

 

     “Well I don't see firefighters, that's a good sign.” Jimin joked as they pulled into the driveway. Jungkook chuckled.

     “Could either mean our kids were kidnapped or inside of the house is a serious war zone.” He added and Jimin huffed.

     “For the sake of my blood pressure let's hope it's neither of those.” He replied and Jungkook nodded, letting the garage door close before taking off his belt.

     “Don't move.” He commanded and Jimin quirked an eyebrow. The taller man exited the car, scurrying over to Jimin’s side before opening the door with exaggerated gentleman mannerisms.

      “After you.” Jimin rolled his eyes.

      “Gee thanks.” He answered sarcastically and Jungkook winked. The two made their way inside, Jimin letting out an impressed hum when the house still looked the same as he'd left it.

      “Glad to see that they actually listened to me.” He joked. Jungkook grinned.

      “And you know what else is great?” He whispered and Jimin narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

      “It's quiet. And you know what that means.” Jimin furrowed his brows.

      “That they're asleep?” He asked and Jungkook smirked, wiggling his eyebrows as his hand s around the smaller’s hips. Jimin scoffed, his lips pulling into a smile nonetheless.

      “You have no shame.” He hissed and Jungkook chuckled, dipping his head down to capture his husband's lips. The kiss got heated right off the bat, Jimin letting out a quiet moan as Jungkook gave his a little squish.

      “Bedroom.” He gasped out and Jungkook nodded. In a few moments they found themselves taking the steps of the stairs in twos.

      “I swear if I'm sore tomorrow I'm actually going to kill y-” Jimin began, voice cutting off once his gaze landed on what lay before him. At the top of the stairs was probably the biggest mess Jimin had seen all week and he gasped, taking in the strewn clothes and scattered books. Noticing the murderous look that had formed on his husbands face, Jungkook grimaced.

      “Jimin..” He began. Jimin exhaled deeply and he could have sworn he saw smoke exit the shorter man’s nostrils.

      “I. Am going. To kill them.”

       Jungkook gulped. There goes night.