Chapter 22

The Jeon Family

    Jungkook woke up and stretched lazily, attempting to get the slight discomfort in his neck to subside. After his kiss with Jimin last night the shorter had gone back to bed, to both of their disappointment, but it seemed like the best thing to do. They couldn’t rush this whole making up thing. Jungkook got up and made his way to the washroom, sneaking a glance into the master bedroom as he did so. Jimin was still asleep, curled up and looking quite small on their king sized bed. Jungkook held back from going in there and joining him.

   When he had showered and changed, Jungkook took another look into the bedroom and saw that Jimin was gone and noise was coming from the kitchen.

   “Hey,” Jungkook said as he came into the kitchen, smiling lightly at Jimin, who was finishing up with cooking.

   “Hey. Sleep well?” Jungkook nodded and repeated the question.

   “Yeah. It was even harder to fall back asleep after we… But I was actually thinking maybe you could join me tonight…?” Jungkook looked surprised and he was silent for a moment, staring at Jimin.

   “Really? You think we should?” When Jimin looked a little bit hurt Jungkook hurried to fix his comment.

   “I mean I don’t wanna mess anything up, like hurry through this whole process. I just meant… do you think it’ll be too much?” Jimin sighed and leaned against the counter, his arms crossed protectively.

   “I don’t know. I feel ready, but maybe I’m just that desperate to have you back. Maybe it will mess something up, I don’t know, I’m sorry.” Jungkook walked to Jimin and touched his arms, standing in front of him.

   “Oh Jimin, don’t apologize. To be honest, I’m desperate for you too. That’s why I’m so nervous about every little thing. But if you want to then I think we should try it. To get back to normal.” Jimin had been avoiding eye contact but now he looked up with a hopeful expression.

   “Yeah?”

   “Yeah.” They shared a tentative kiss, barely a touch of the lips, and then Jungkook pulled away. He stepped back and let go of Jimin’s arms, turning to the food that Jimin had made and setting it out for breakfast. Jimin sighed and rubbed his face. This was a good start, but he still felt nervous about everything.

   That night when Jimin climbed into bed he waited expectantly for Jungkook to follow, and when the man laid behind Jimin and wrapped an arm around him carefully Jimin melted. Tears threatened to fall as he was overcome with love and a feeling of safety from finally being in his husband’s arms again.

   “Goodnight Jungkook,” he said through the emotions. Jungkook returned the words and fell asleep quickly. Jimin followed soon after, happy and warm for once after a very long time.

 

   “Hey Namjoon. No we’re doing pretty well, I think progress is being made. Yeah the kids might be able to come home soon but… Uh-huh… Yeah maybe another week or so before anything happens with them. Chaelin called to say that they’re doing well and they’re happy with Yoongi and Hoseok. Yeah. I’ll tell Jimin you say hi. OKay, talk to you later, bye.” Jungkook hung up from his call with Namjoon. That man was such a solid friend, he had checked in almost every day since Jungkook had come back home. It had only been about a week but progress was slowly being made. Jungkook and Jimin comfortably shared the bed, they cooked and ate every meal that they could together, Jungkook had essentially found a place in his home again. The only thing stopping them from having the kids come back home was the remaining issue of whether or not they were moving. The thing that started it all.

   “We should just move. It’s what you want and I think it’ll be a good opportunity for everyone to do and experience new things,” Jimin said one night at dinner. Jungkook almost dropped his fork when Jimin said that they should move, also getting dangerously close to choking on his food.

   “What? I was gonna say we should stay here.” Jimin stared at Jungkook like he had just sprouted another head - an alien head at that - and was quiet for a couple of seconds before he started to laugh. Hard. Jungkook gave him a wary look.

   “...What’s so funny?”

   “What are we doing? How are we ever gonna decide? We can’t even stick with our original opinions.” Jungkook smiled.

   “Yeah I guess. I don’t know, I guess we’re just too dysfunctional for this stuff,” he joked. Jimin giggled and nodded.

   “You bet we are. Well. If you changed your mind and want to stay now then I say we do that.” Jungkook leaned towards Jimin and pointed his fork at him accusingly.

   “That’s because you always wanted to stay! Sneaky !” Jimin broke into laughter and leaned back in his chair, causing Jungkook to laugh at just how adorable his husband is.

   “Well you don’t seem that hung up on the raise now that this has gone down!” Jungkook looked at his plate in mock anger and hit the table with an overly dramatic fist.

   “, you’re right.” Jimin went into another bout of laughter at Jungkook’s acting.

   “Okay stop making me laugh, I’m gonna die,” Jimin wheezed. Jungkook laughed at him and agreed to stop. Once they had calmed down Jimin looked at Jungkook seriously and asked,

   “Are you really serious about staying though?” Jungkook nodded.

   “Yeah, it’s the best thing to do. I can get a raise later, one that lets me stay in Seoul. And the kids need to stay here. Your business too. I was being selfish when I asked to move.”

   “I’m glad you finally realised all this. And I’m also glad that we chose my way.” Jungkook rolled his eyes at Jimin’s cheeky smile.

   “Yeah, be glad. But anyway, should we let the kids know now? Should we let things settle a bit more between us?” Jimin thought for a moment.

   “Give it a couple more days. If we start to regret our decision or anything then we can rethink it. The kids should stay in a stable environment until we’re absolutely sure.” Jungkook nodded in approval.

   “Alright. Just a few more days.”