Chapter 17

The Jeon Family

    “At this point we need to get the kids out.”

     The moment Namjoon suggested it, Taehyung found himself nodding, neither of them surprised by the loud sigh that rang across their table. Looking up to stare at the tired looking Yoongi, they sent him a small pleading smile. Hoseok, unlike his husband, didn't seem too bothered by the idea they were proposing.

    “You want them to come over and stay with us don't you?” Yoongi asked, although he looked a tad bit irritated, they all knew he would accept, he cared just as much for the Jeon family as everyone else. Seokjin, who hadn't said much since the start of the meeting- which at first was supposed to just be Namjoon and Taehyung, but somehow ended up involving the whole gang- nodded.

    “You live closest to their school, not to mention your son goes there. It's more convenient,” he explained, and everyone once again nodded in agreement. With another sigh Yoongi nodded as well, leaning back in his chair.

    “And are they alright with this? Jimin and Jungkook I mean,” he asked, bringing up the next issue they'd have to discuss.

    “I'll tell them,” Hoseok announced, he'd spoken to both Jimin and Jungkook the moment he'd heard of the issue, and quite frankly they'd both sounded miserable, the kids needed to be taken out of that environment while things were getting sorted out. Agreeing that Hoseok should break the news to the couple, the group adjourned, each also promising to do what they could to assist the couple.

 

   Haneul didn't want to move at all, much less to that kids home. But could he really refuse? How could he when his father was looking at him with such a defeated gaze? When he hadn't heard from his other father in so long and quite frankly was beginning to feel suffocated in his own home. Neither him nor Chaelin had uttered a single word of complaint as they'd been told to pack, and as Haneul watched Hoseok pull up in the driveway, he wondered if any of this would truly get better.

   The whole drive to Yoongi and Hoseok’s house was in complete silence, the only words coming from the occasional “you kids alright back there?” that Hoseok would send their way. The older man had explained that he'd be leaving for an appointment the moment he dropped them off at the house, and since Yoongi wasn't home either, they'd be alone with Minjoon. Great, Haneul couldn't wait. Just as he'd promised, they were left alone in the quiet house. Chaelin was given the guest room and Haneul was asked to share a room with Minjoon. There was only one bed so figuring he'd just sleep on the ground, Haneul pulled out his sleeping bag.

    “What are you doing?” Looking up to stare at the soft features of the boy he'd long ago deemed his rival, Haneul rose a brow. Surprisingly Minjoon had remained quiet throughout the whole ordeal, and he'd figured his parents must have told him about the situation. Perfect, this guy’s pity was totally what he needed right now.

    “Setting up my sleeping bag,” he stated matter of factly, too emotionally exhausted to make a snarky comment. A brief moment of silence fell between the two before Minjoon answered.

    “You could always sleep up here ya know. I don’t bite.” Looking up at the other with an unamused expression, Haneul continued setting up his sleeping space.

    “I'll pass,” he simply answered, tone purposely bitter. This situation was enough, he didn't need Minjoon feeling like he needed to be nice out of pity. Much to his relief, the other male didn't put up much of a fight, and simply shrugged.

    “Suit yourself.”

     With those words followed silence, and for the rest of the night neither of them spoke. Minjoon fell asleep almost immediately, his quiet breathing the only sound in the room. Mind replaying all the things that had gone down these last few days, Haneul found it much harder to fall asleep. Good thing it wasn't a school night since the 3 hours of sleep he got showed quite evidently in the morning, a fact he'd been immediately given by Minjoon’s lovely “You look like ” as a good morning. He'd been too tired to protest.

 

   “Jungkook get your together.”

   It wasn't the first time he was hearing those words, and groaning the male leaned back on the couch. He'd called in sick at work for the past week and honestly didn't even know what to do with himself anymore. At this point he was scared to go back, especially after having been gone for so long already.

   “You're making this a lot worse than it needs to be. Think of the kids,” Seokjin continued. He was the third person to come in this week, having popped in on his way back from work. Once again Jungkook repeated the same response he'd been giving everyone.

   “I'll come back eventually.”

   Seokjin threw his hands up in exasperation, and Jungkook couldn't blame him. He knew he was being an idiot, but sometimes being an idiot was just easier.

    “I should have just given it up from the start…” He mumbled, eyes glued on the ceiling, the dark circles underneath his eyes ever prominent. Seokjin rolled his eyes, turning to give Namjoon an irritated “how the am I supposed to deal with this” look. The other man merely sighed.

    “Look, you shouldn’t have yelled at him, and Jimin shouldn't have hit, you're both at fault and you both need to sort out before it gets out of hand. I hate to say it but if this keeps up, it's only a matter of time before things get worse,” Namjoon pointed out, setting down he mug of coffee he'd been holding tiredly. Jungkook’s eyes widened, head turning to face the other male.

    “What do you mean get worse? As in a div-” his words cut off on their own accord at the thought alone, fingers beginning to tremble. Seokjin pursed his lips, shaking his head just as Namjoon quickly corrected himself.

   “No no, that's not what I m-no...you guys won't divorce, you love each other too much. I just mean this could have some really damaging effects on not just you two but your kids as well. You need to stop hiding and get your back to Jimin. Get on your knees and apologize if you must, anything to save the relationship…”

    Jungkook knew he was right. He hated that Namjoon was always right..he could only imagine what Jimin was going through right now, the other had always been the most sensitive out of their group. he needed to fix this. He needed to fix this fast