Chapter 1

The Jeon Family

    Life really was a . When Chaelin had woken up that morning, she'd planned everything out perfectly; from how she'd sneak out in the night to how she'd make her way back in. By 10 pm the household was usually quiet, as it was the time when everyone vacated to their respective rooms to do their own things for the rest of the day. Just for safety she'd planned to leave 30 minutes after, using the mainstream pillow under mattress technique to fake sleep. She'd make sure to return before 5, since she was aware that both of her parents- one in particular- were early risers.

   The plan was foolproof… or so she'd had thought.

   

   “Well you look nice.”

   Chaelin froze at the doorway where she'd just been in the process of taking off her other shoe. ‘ her mind raced as she immediately recognized the voice. She turned slowly, gulping as she came face  to face with a very pissed off looking..

   “D-dad..” She stuttered, panic rising as she was met with a most unamused look from the man before her. Unamused didn't even cut it when it came to the expression that was on the other man's face. He looked calm, leaning against the living room entrance with both hands folded in front of him. Where it not for the dim lighting from the living room lamp, highlighting his figure, one would have missed the tight set of his jaw-the only sign of dismay on his features. Chaelin gulped, she knew very well that under that composed demeanor was a sizable amount of controlled fury she'd rather not face.

     “So, would you like to tell my why you're sneaking back inside the house at let's see…” The older man looked down to stare at his watch.

    “one in the morning, while dressed as if you're on your way to an ?”

    Chaelin paled. Of all the people who could have caught her it just had to be him? Why couldn't the universe have been kind to her and at least let her other father catch her…. or even better, not let her get caught at all.

   “Um, u-uh” She stuttered lamely, hands gripping the hem of her dress. Her father raised an eyebrow, the action only managing to scare her more.

   “You'll have to do better than that honey.” He said, voice icy with a hidden threat. Chaelin gulped. There was no way around this one; she could lie but that never worked with him.

   “I'm sorry, there was this party and everyone was going to be there and I knew you'd say no. And we all know that if you say no then daddy says no too and I reaaaaallllllly had to be there caus-”

    “Chaelin” Her father's voice remained calm, but the venom in it was enough to shut her up.

    “Are you telling me that you- a sixteen year old girl- are sneaking out late at night- without anyone knowing- to go to a party, because ‘everyone was going to be there?’ How's that a valid reason? You're literally putting your social life before your safety!” Chaelin cringed at the rise in the other man's voice. Here comes the wrath.

    “I cannot believe you. What if something happened to you? How would we have known if let's say you were kidnapped or or something? And even worse all this for what, a highschool party?  You won't even remember the dumb thing by the end of the week.”

    Chaelin continued to look down, unable to face the fiery gaze of her father.

   “Look at me when I'm talking to you.” He seethed and she hesitantly obeyed, immediately regretting the decision as she was faced with that same disappointed glare that always made her feel like .

    “You, young lady, are grounded until further notice.” She gasped because ‘further notice’ with this father meant ‘at least two weeks’ and that was bad because she had plans. Important plans.

    “But Dad-”

    “Don't you dare. You're grounded until I say so and arguing at this point is only going to make me less inclined to ease your punishment”

   Chaelin whined. She knew she was acting childish but she couldn't afford being grounded now.

    “Please I'm sorry, I won't do this again just please. I promised Hyejin that I'd follow her to get her ears pierced.” Okay wow, that sounded a lot more bratty than it was supposed to. Her father let out a disbelieving scoff.

    “If you think you're good enough to be sneaking out of the house by yourself, then trust me, Hyejin’s piercings are the least of your problems.”

    Chaelin whined, her voice rising to a childish level.

    “You can't do that!” to which the other man responded to with a challenging eyebrow raise.

   “I own you, I can do whatever the hell I want.”

   “But I said I was sorry!” She whined, earning a tsk from her father.

   “Right. I'm sure you'll be even more sorry after you've spent a couple weeks in your room… ah, yes, ” He outstretched a hand.

   “Without your phone.” Chaelin gasped but the serious look she received let her know that she didn't have a choice.

   “And your laptop.”

   “What?!” She exclaimed,

   “You can't take that too.” The other man smiled, pocketing the small device.

   “I can and I already did. It stays with me till I decide to unground you.” He simply said, turning to walk into the living room. Chaelin was quick to follow.

   “But dad!” She whined, and just as she was about to complain, slow footsteps could be heard descending down the stairs.

    “What the hell is all the noise for?”

    A relieved gasp escaped her lips as her eyes landed on the half asleep man who'd just appeared.

    “Daddy!” She exclaimed,  the highness of her voice enough to snap her other father awake.

     “He took my phone and laptop! He can't do that!” She exclaimed, pointing to the accused. The sleepy man took one look at the scene, taking in the flashy appearance of his daughter as well as the evidently annoyed expression on his husband's face. Apparently this was definitely not something he wanted to be involved in, as he his heels, hastily making his way back up the stairs. Chaelin gaped at the retreat, a whine escaping her lips right after.

     “Go to bed Chaelin, we'll negotiating the terms of your grounding in the morning when you feel less like a okay?” Her father shot, inserting as much bite into the sentence as he could. And just like that he was making his way up the stairs as well, completely ignoring his daughter’s frustrated yell.


 

………………

 

    “Can you believe her?!” Jimin exclaimed for probably the 10th time that conversation. A disgruntled whine was all he got back from the blanketed figure on the bed and he cursed, chucking a pillow at the said figure.

   “Jungkook, are you even listening? Don't you care that our daughter just sneaked out of the house and returned at one in the freaking morning??!!” A groan came from the bundle of fabric.

   “You seemed to handle the situation pretty well, plus she's not hurt so that's good…” Jungkook mumbled sleepily, earning an exasperated huff.

   “I’m hoping that it's just the sleep getting to your head and that you're not actually this indifferent about the matter.” He hissed and the other sighed, slowly sitting up.

   “Fine, fine, how dare she sneak out at such a late time.” He droned, and Jimin sent him an unimpressed look.

   “Of course you don't care, you probably did worse when you were sixteen” The shorter muttered and Jungkook chuckled.

   “Oh come on, so did you. Don't think Taehyung didn't tell me about all your high-school adventures.”

   Jimin whined, obviously not pleased with the response.

    “Ya exactly, and I don't want Chaelin to live like that. She can't end up like me… or even worse, Tae.” He countered. At this Jungkook furrowed his brows, moving closer to his husband.

   “Hey hey, what's wrong with the way you ended up? For Pete’s sake Jimin you have a good job, two kids and even better: me, the best husband you could ever ask for.” Jimin visibly scoffed at this and Jungkook pouted.

    “What? Am I not the best husband you could ever ask for?” He asked childishly.

    “Fine fine, you're the greatest. But that doesn't help the Chaelin problem.” Jimin answered, taking a seat next to his husband and leaning his head against the other's shoulder.

    “She'll be fine. She's at that age where she's going to be doing a lot of stupid , but she has us.” Jungkook assured.

    “Alright. But she's totally still grounded.” was the shorter’s response.

     “Good call. Now go to bed, didn't you say you have a client appointment in the morning?”

      “Oh right” Jimin groaned.

      “Forgot about that.” Jungkook chuckled, landing a quick peck on the shorter lips.

     “Go to sleep, don't worry about Chaelin, we can both talk to her tomorrow.” He advised and Jimin nodded, climbing onto his side of the bed.

   “Alright. But I wasn't too harsh was I?” He asked, to which his husband chuckled.

   “I'm sure she can live without her phone and her laptop.” He joked. Jimin pouted.

   “Not that… I think I might have called her a .” Jungkook blinked at this.

   “Oh. Well that's a bit much, but she'll survive.”

   “I'm so bad at this parenting thing.” He whined.

   “But you can't blame me. She seriously scared me.”

   Jungkook chuckled.

   “Go to sleep Jimin, we'll talk to her in the morning.”

    Of course by ‘we’ Jungkook meant ‘Jimin’ as he was the only one who ended up talking to Chaelin the next morning. Of course being the emotional teenager that she was Chaelin ended up dragging the ‘talk’ for a lot longer than necessary. Of course neither of them minded cause even though in the end Chaelin didn't get to see Hyejin get her ears pierced- the mighty Jimin never backs down on a punishment -at least she got her phone back. Of course she'd never try sneaking out again. When someone like Jimin is your father, it just isn't worth it. 

 

------------------------------------------------------

Hello! So this story is gonna start off as more of a compilation of episodes within the family, but eventually a story is going to unfold. So stick around for the plot to begin! Also don't forget to comment, it makes us happy authors ^.^