Bro-code

Taking Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do I really need to? I-I’ll be busy this week, babe.”

Pulling her closer to him, Hyunwoo places a light kiss on her forehead before looking down to her. “Hey, you said the same thing last week. C’mon, babe. It hasn’t been long since I got here and I think it’ll be a great idea if we bond with my best friend. You’ll like Kyungsoo, don’t worry.” He assures not knowing Taeri’s real reason of trying to avoid it at all cost. She grabs the remote control to turn the TV off before turning her body to her boyfriend. She smiles seeing how he stared at her full of love. “Don’t wait for me to use my powerful aegyo here cause you, missy, will go ape.” He threatens making her laugh while looking away. He never fails to make her laugh, one great reason why she ended up liking him.

They met online, on her blogsite.

He was one of the people who would comment frequently to her blogs about present events and trends. He always had the best comments and opinions that she ended up replying to him a few times until they levelled up to direct messages and soon enough, creating a bond that went from ‘friends’ to ‘more than friends’ without them even realizing.

And here they are now, together as a couple.

She felt so moved when he decided to move back to Korea leaving a career behind only for her. She opposed of it at first because she didn’t want him to waste such big opportunity of working abroad but she couldn’t stop him, he always reassured her that he never had troubles finding a good job anywhere.

And after all, he has always longed to go back to Korea. He didn’t have a hard time deciding on that.

“Okay to make you understand more how much this will mean to me. . . Kyungsoo is the brother I never had. Well, I do have a brother but you know what happened. Kyungsoo was there during those times when my parents were separating and my mom had to choose between me and my younger brother to take with her to Japan. He was there when I let my younger brother go with my mom instead because I knew he needed her more at that time and I was already a teenager anyway, I was old enough and my younger brother wasn’t. Kyungsoo knew all about that and that was actually how we became friends cause he knew I lost a brother.” Hyunwoo begins telling their friendship’s story.

Tears formed in Taeri’s eyes as she listens.

She likes him very much but the thought of the past still haunts her all the time. Especially now that she might eventually come close to it once more. . .

Hyunwoo is once of the nicest guys she has ever met. He’s a very funny and energetic guy but at the same time, he has a very soft fragile heart. It wasn’t hard falling for him.

So the thought of Hyunwoo finding out about her and Kyungsoo scares her.

And the thought of meeting Kyungsoo again terrifies her even more.

“And you know, Kyungsoo and I have always been very similar. Well, he’s not as funny and silly as I am but when it comes to. . . kindness and genuineness, I guess? That guy also had a complicated life and I saw how he still managed to endure all of it. I admire him for that. I mean he’s pretty dumb when it comes to girls but yeah.” Hyunwoo adds, laughing at the end. “And—” He grins before grabbing both of her hands. “He cooks really well so if we meet up, I actually plan to just go visit his home with you and maybe cook with him. Or maybe you cook with him cause I at cooking, I almost burnt my apartment in the past just for cooking ramen. But anyway, yeah, It’ll be a nice way to get to know each other, right?” He asks while nodding. Letting out a heavy sigh, Taeri cups his face while looking at him in defeat.

“Okay, fine.”

“Yes!” Hyunwoo stands up, putting both his arms up. Taeri nibbles with her bottom lip in nervousness as she watches him celebrate for something that she dreads a lot. “Anyway. . .” She changes the subject before pulling him down again. “What would you like to do? I don’t feel like watching another movie.” She asks while looking around her apartment, she recently moved out from her mom’s place and rented a one-bedroom apartment in the city. “You want to go somewhere?” Hyunwoo asks before giving her a chaste kiss on the lips.  He leans on the couch sideways with his eyes glued down to her. It’s been almost two weeks since he arrived and surprisingly enough, he hasn’t tried having with her. She doesn’t have a problem with that but it just wasn’t usual for her to see a guy who’s willing to take his time first.

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter